Thoughts on Miami vs NC State

KATKER

Drive by porster
Defensively our front 7 continues to lead the defense. All though we didn't get a heavy pass rush from our front 4 we did stop the run. Our young LBs are incredible. Smart and fast, Even when they make a mistake on a read theyre able to react fast enough to make a play.

Corn Elder is a stud. This guy seriously is playing at a first round grade. Amazing to see him be physical with ball carriers and QBs have been taught to not gamble with him. At times he trys to bait unfortunately most QBs aren't biting.

The rest of the secondary is disappointing. We have safteys (No need to name em) That don't wrap up. Can't finish tackles and quite frankly regardless of how much we love Manny Diaz were lucky NC state WRs couldn't catch the football.

Mark Walton continues to prove he's the best back on roster. Don't think there's much of a debate. He ran strong and he's the real deal. Too bad we don't have a OL that can open a lane on a consistent basis. Most of his yards are coming from the outside now.

It's obvious Yearbys fumble last week cost him game action this week. I like the fact our coaches hold the players accountable. We need that. Look for him to have a big game at home against Duke.

Brad Kaaya continues to be inaccurate. Those passes to Nojku in the back of the end zone were pathetic. Yes you want to throw the ball where no one else can get it except your all American high jumper TE but **** he's throwing the ball into the first row.

I'm convinced after watching this game and some of the play calling in 4th quarter Mark Richt does not trust Kaaya. Simple as that. His play calling continues to improve, the staff made the adjustments needed at Halftime and ultimately that's what won the game for us. Haven't heard that much in the past 10 years huh?

Advertisement
all of this is true.
i do wonder whether the wind helped BK under perform and overthrow in 2nd half..

Kaaya is also playing with damage to his throwing shoulder which will mess with his accuracy. Good summary Katker. It impossible not to be pumped about the front seven. The truth is they are only scratching the surface of their potential. We are going to finish the regular season with more than 100 TFL. That's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Defensively our front 7 continues to lead the defense. All though we didn't get a heavy pass rush from our front 4 we did stop the run. Our young LBs are incredible. Smart and fast, Even when they make a mistake on a read theyre able to react fast enough to make a play.

Corn Elder is a stud. This guy seriously is playing at a first round grade. Amazing to see him be physical with ball carriers and QBs have been taught to not gamble with him. At times he trys to bait unfortunately most QBs aren't biting.

The rest of the secondary is disappointing. We have safteys (No need to name em) That don't wrap up. Can't finish tackles and quite frankly regardless of how much we love Manny Diaz were lucky NC state WRs couldn't catch the football.

Mark Walton continues to prove he's the best back on roster. Don't think there's much of a debate. He ran strong and he's the real deal. Too bad we don't have a OL that can open a lane on a consistent basis. Most of his yards are coming from the outside now.

It's obvious Yearbys fumble last week cost him game action this week. I like the fact our coaches hold the players accountable. We need that. Look for him to have a big game at home against Duke.

Brad Kaaya continues to be inaccurate. Those passes to Nojku in the back of the end zone were pathetic. Yes you want to throw the ball where no one else can get it except your all American high jumper TE but **** he's throwing the ball into the first row.

I'm convinced after watching this game and some of the play calling in 4th quarter Mark Richt does not trust Kaaya. Simple as that. His play calling continues to improve, the staff made the adjustments needed at Halftime and ultimately that's what won the game for us. Haven't heard that much in the past 10 years huh?

Haven't checked the stats as I was at the game but we dominated. Was frustrated at halftime when we were tied. Coach seems to be making halftime adjustments and we are playing better in 2nd halves. That's a good sign. It was really windy there, the lights were swaying big time. Most of Kaaya's bad throws were with the wind to his back which prob caused the overthrows. We could have literally thrown 5 yd hitches and outs the whole game... I def like the adjustments we made at half and whatever they did differently the OL was creating holes for Walton.

BK can be inaccurate at times, but did you see that strike to Coley?! Brad can put it in an ant's c*nt when he is grooving.

This has been a different offense since 2nd half of ND game. Fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
BK can be inaccurate at times, but did you see that strike to Coley?! Brad can put it in an ant's c*nt when he is grooving.

This has been a different offense since 2nd half of ND game. Fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what's frustrating. Every now and then he will rip an NFL type throw. I have to give him props taking some hits low and getting up after every one of them.

Kaaya is also playing with damage to his throwing shoulder which will mess with his accuracy. Good summary Katker. It impossible not to be pumped about the front seven. The truth is they are only scratching the surface of their potential. We are going to finish the regular season with more than 100 TFL. That's just ridiculous.

His shoulder is injured? I remember hearing about it but haven't heard much since. I'm wondering what type of pain he's dealing with. Definitely could hurt his accuracy but in reality he's been wild since the moment he got here.

His shoulder is injured? I remember hearing about it but haven't heard much since. I'm wondering what type of pain he's dealing with. Definitely could hurt his accuracy but in reality he's been wild since the moment he got here.

I have heard nothing official, but I also don't think we would. When he got hit yesterday on the NC State roughing the passer penalty you could see him flexing it, and he's done that all year after hits. I agree that he has never lived up to the hyper accurate passer he was given when he got here, but I think some (not all) of his issues this year are shoulder related.

Advertisement

Good post. I don't believe there is a lack of trust with Richt about Kaaya. Say what you want about the kid but one thing he is really good at is protecting the football. He really rarely puts the ball in harms way, rarely throws receivers into coverage. We finished the game with an awesome 4th quarter, 4 min drive.

How did Coley get hawked? His knee?

Why is Malcom Lewis returning kicks still?

Our safeties, LOL

Coley got hawked because he slowed down....nobody believes me...

https://youtu.be/xZGIXDiI_GQ?t=149

Watch Coley at 2:28 take this kick return to the house....He NEVER goes full speed when its only green in front of him.

He's a lot faster than that and we may not see his full speed until he realizes he can't out jog people anymore

He has a bad habit of trying to jog into the end zone instead of running through the goal line. People saying he did it because he's a work horse and played too many snaps but he's been doing this since high school. At one point his endurance has to get better if he is so much of a work horse.

Advertisement
First play of the FSU game, he was slammed down hard on his right shoulder. You retry sure that was when he injured it. Richt mentioned it after the game.

Advertisement
Back