Thoughts on D

joeyhh

Recruit
Chaotic, swarming D results in impressive stats - tackles for loss and sacks. Probably costs us with over-pursuit and breakaway runs allowed. Can't deny the success though. I wonder if Manny has a 'bend don't break approach'. Our D really gets tough in red zone.

Advertisement
Noticed/wondered the same things. I feel like they stifled the run better as a whole last year. This year teams seem to be breaking off bigger chunk plays but having a harder time getting the small yardage.

Noticed in the FSU game that they seemed to contain the edge relatively well but got burned up the middle a lot. Also, a lot of attempts to strip the ball as opposed to just tackling the guy. Still torn on how our D looks this year.

Manny D not the cause for fsu success on the ground.

Redwine blew the opening play that was 35 yards he got caught in the middle and didn't take the proper angle outside to force Patrick in. same with later too missed a tackle.

Then cam Akers huge run, McCloud missed a tackle near the LOS and then he broke it big.

90% of fault lies with poor angles and tackling by the players..
they were not playing disciplined at all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Definitely looked like a discipline issue as opposed to a scheme issue. The guys were there, they just weren't getting the job done.

Can't have that against GT this week...

Manny D not the cause for fsu success on the ground.

Redwine blew the opening play that was 35 yards he got caught in the middle and didn't take the proper angle outside to force Patrick in. same with later too missed a tackle.

Then cam Akers huge run, McCloud missed a tackle near the LOS and then he broke it big.

90% of fault lies with poor angles and tackling by the players..
they were not playing disciplined at all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

First run was on Pickney all the way. He basically followed Shaq into the whole and the left a gaping whole behind him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back