Thoughts on Anthony Lawrence

This has to be a breakout year.I think we're not getting the most out of him.The kid is so unselfish it hurts his game.I see greatness in the kid let's hope he sees it in himself.

Advertisement
I really thought last year would be it after a pretty good freshman year. I don't think it'll happen this year because we have so many scorers. Leadering scorers will be Brown, Lonnie, and Newton imo, followed by Huell or Izundu with Lykes potentially thrown in there too. I could definitely be wrong though.

I think Amp's best role is as a role player who you can trust. Last year we needed more scoring and he pressed too hard and it hurt him. This year we have the talent so he can just play his game. He's not a creator but he can finish. He can hit the three and he always is hitting important threes for us. Because of his size and can cover a few positions. I think where we really need help from his this year is in rebounding. If he can get a few more boards for us that will really help.

Amp is so darn unselfish. I think we need 20 pts a game to make us a elite team. He has so many tools it's time to be more selfish and own the court offensively

Advertisement
Amp is our own version of Darlington Nagbe

So, he going to be good in the midfield and **** the bed in the box? Great.

NOT Since you would probably know what is the most points he has scored as a Cane. Ok I admit it I am a bit obsessed with the kid. I really think he is going to be a difference maker before he leaves. Like I said he is way too unselfish and coach L needs to isolate him a little more.

Also I really like what I'm seeing early from Chris Lykes.

Last edited:
Advertisement

NOT Since you would probably know what is the most points he has scored as a Cane. Ok I admit it I am a bit obsessed with the kid. I really think he is going to be a difference maker before he leaves. Like I said he is way too unselfish and coach L needs to isolate him a little more.

19 against NC St last year but his best game was 18 vs ND as a Frosh.

19 against NC St last year but his best game was 18 vs ND as a Frosh.

Thanks for the answer. I actually remember that NC State game.

I pretty strongly disagree.

Lawrence is doing EXACTLY what he should be doing to help the team. The value of a guy like Lawrence is his versatility. He can guard 4 positions, he can be your third scorer, your third ball handler, your third rebounder, your third rim protector, your third initiator.

Lawrence can play in ANY lineup and against any lineup. He's going to end up playing a boatload of minutes for you guys because he can do so many things that you can mix and match pieces around him to gain advantages while not ceding major differences.

Instead of worrying about his scoring, I'd enjoy him as a college version of Andrei Kirilenko, who in any given game is more of a threat for a 5x5 than he is to score 25.

He got us started against Minnesota, in a raucous, hostile environment. Lot of confidence from him, and in him. Why he's out there with the young kids.

Advertisement
Lawrence is such a valuable player. He can defend 1-4, shoot from the outside, attack the rim, rebound, and he hustles hard.

Advertisement
Back