Thoughts From The Past

Advertisement
Derion Kendrick was the #4 WR in the class of ‘18; Dabo & staff after getting him on campus switched him to CB. DJ Johnson goes to Oregon & after which they switched him to TE. I’ve seen other programs still make timely switches to players after getting on campus. I haven’t seen that here since The Butch days. Not that I can recall, at least.
I wonder if more open transfer rules/portal will impact the bait and switch of “just get him on campus” (not that it applies to your examples) ....

we will probably notice it more at Miami due to our focus on it, but also our whiny locals never seem to care about an Ohio St promising QB then switching immediately to receiver, but tend to be less quiet with the local school about everything...

I wonder if more open transfer rules/portal will impact the bait and switch of “just get him on campus” (not that it applies to your examples) ....

we will probably notice it more at Miami due to our focus on it, but also our whiny locals never seem to care about an Ohio St promising QB then switching immediately to receiver, but tend to be less quiet with the local school about everything...
We did the same thing to Darren Krein. He thought he was coming to UM to play LB.

Advertisement
Back