Thoughts From Seeing It Live

TriStarCane

Coaching Carousel 2029
  • Lashlee is a breath of fresh air after years of dreading being on offense. It felt like we would score on every possession. He was feeling it
  • Our TEs should be the focal point every week. They were obvious mismatches and bullied UL. It was lunch money taking stuff
  • I didn’t really notice the oline. We didn’t get anything going up the middle and getting stuffed inside the 2 isn’t fun. Idk if UL was slanting like crazy but they were getting to holes quickly. King seemed to have enough time to throw. The penalty to take Mallorys big play sucked
  • This offense is perfect for Cam. He thrives
  • King has great touch. He forced a few but for the most part he puts it on em. If we had good WRs it would have been even bigger game. Which brings me to...
  • Our wide receivers are garbage. Drops. Struggles with contested catches. They aren’t physical at all. They cost us points We need to run 12 personnel more
  • We did block well downfield to spring long runs
  • Our specials are an asset for us. Kicking game was incredible and it makes a difference. Borregeles is unreal. The ball flies off his foot
  • Phillips was on another planet early on. He’s a freakazoid. The cut block on him looked dirt as **** and didn’t get flagged. He slowed way down after that
  • Nesta is probably our second best player on D. He plays angry
  • Our pass rush isn’t close to what it’s been.
  • We are slow as all **** at linebacker. Ettienne will run for 300 yards. It was brutal to watch.
  • Our DBs are worse in person than on TV. We give up leverage immediately and are usually way off the WR when they catch the ball. No ball skills. It’s bad
  • Our defensive back depth is really catching up with us. Safeties guarding slot receivers is a recipe for disaster. Bolden guardian Tutu is a tough match up for him
  • Our defense is basically going to be an opportunistic defense that will be more of bend don’t break style. We were good on 3rd down but that’s about it. They really shoved it down our throat in second half. Luckily we just scored more (never thought I’d see the day...)
  • Louisville was TINY. They had players that looked like high schoolers.
  • Cards fans left early. Most of our section left at the beginning of the 4th. Feels good
  • Lots of Canes fans in attendance! Good win and even tho the atmosphere was like a pre season football game it was great to get a live game in

Last edited:
Advertisement
  • Lashlee is a breath of fresh air after years of dreading being on offense. It felt like we would score on every possession. He was feeling it
  • Our TEs should be the focal point every week. They were obvious mismatches and bullied UL. It was lunch month taking stuff
  • I didn’t really notice the oline. We didn’t get anything going up the middle and getting stuffed inside the 2 isn’t fun. Idk if UL was slanting like crazy but they were getting to holes quickly. King seemed to have enough time to throw. The hold to take Mallorys big play sucked
  • King has great touch. He forced a few but for the most part he puts it on em. If we had good WRs it would have been even bigger game. Which brings me to...
  • Our wide receivers are garbage. Drops. Struggles with contested catches. They aren’t physical at all. They cost us points We need to run 12 personnel more
  • Our specials are an asset for us. Kicking game was incredible and it makes a difference. Borregeles is unreal. The ball flies off his foot
  • Phillips was on another planet early on. He’s a freakazoid. The cut block on him looked dirt as **** and didn’t get flagged. He slowed way down after that
  • We are slow as all **** at linebacker. Ettienne will run for 300 yards. It was brutal to watch.
  • Our DBs are worse in person than on TV. We give up leverage immediately and are usually way off the WR when they catch the ball. No ball skills. It’s bad
  • Our defensive back depth is really catching up with us. Safeties guarding slot receivers is a recipe for disaster. Bolden guardian Tutu is a tough match up for him
  • Our defense is basically going to be an opportunistic defense that will be more of bend don’t break style. We were good on 3rd down but that’s about it. They really shoved it down our throat in second half. Luckily we just scored more (never thought I’d see the day...)
  • Cards fans left early. Most of our section left at the beginning of the 4th. Feels good
  • Lots of Canes fans in attendance! Good win and even tho the atmosphere was like a pre season football game it was great to get a live game in

Miami should be running an uptempo wishbone. Put Cam at FB. No need for WRs.

i would like to clarify WR.. our older WR are trash except W.. the freshman are studs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Them WR not hitting like they supposed to, you cant have wide open drops like that for big plays or touchdowns

Them WR not hitting like they supposed to, you cant have wide open drops like that for big plays or touchdowns
What I have noticed we don’t have that small elite speed wr this year . Seems one we let go to louisville and the other went to auburn a few years ago . Another thing I didn’t like at the end the first half I believe if we was agressive and we scored we couid have delivered a knock out blow . Overall I believe we’re a lot better team this year compared to last year

Your comment about the DBs — was that CBs only, or the safeties too? From the TV, I didn’t get to see too much of what Hall, Carter and Bolden were doing when they weren’t at the LOS or involved in the tackle.

Advertisement
  • Our TEs should be the focal point every week. They were obvious mismatches and bullied UL. It was lunch money taking stuff
  • I didn’t really notice the oline. We didn’t get anything going up the middle and getting stuffed inside the 2 isn’t fun. Idk if UL was slanting like crazy but they were getting to holes quickly. King seemed to have enough time to throw. The penalty to take Mallorys big play sucked
Did you notice how the kerfuffle before halftime started? The cameras moved away from the field to show a replay of the turnover and never really showed why the teams came together to talk ****.

Did you notice how the kerfuffle before halftime started? The cameras moved away from the field to show a replay of the turnover and never really showed why the teams came together to talk ****.
I missed that. I was illegally driving while playing the game at work.
🤦🏿‍♂️🤫

Advertisement
I was in the opposite endzone so it was hard to see what caused it. The fumble happened on that sideline so I guess they were just talking ****. There looked like there was something happened after the game too but couldn’t tell if it was jawing or if they were saying good game to each other from afar cuz they couldn’t shake hands.

Since u saw it live, was the defense:

More lined up poorly or did they over-pursue?

ESPN misses so many per-snap shots, I was losing my mind. To me it looked like poor angles and a ton of over-pursuit. Hard to tell when you cannot see where the backs line up. Additionally, the lateral LB play seemed slow.

Since u saw it live, was the defense:

More lined up poorly or did they over-pursue?

ESPN misses so many per-snap shots, I was losing my mind. To me it looked like poor angles and a ton of over-pursuit. Hard to tell when you cannot see where the backs line up. Additionally, the lateral LB play seemed slow.
Honestly, both. Our DB alignment makes no sense. Outside leverage in trail technique. Other than that, on the outside zone it looked like we were just running ourselves out of the play on DL and LBers just too slow to come laterally + never clean. The dline does not keep gap integrity and you can really see it at the game

ST is still a scrap heap.... what was with that onside kick at the end? Our players looked like they had feet of cement..

Disagree on ST. Finally have a **** kicker and punter. Times they returned kicks are coverage was solid. That onside kick they recovered just caught them by surprise. It was a good design that essentially isolated our guy against their kicker.

Advertisement
Back