2023 Frankie Tinilau - OL from Australia - Committed!

1murhurricane

Sophomore
We are bringing this kid from Australia to a friend of mines school down here you all will soon see. He's a 6'7 mauler. I can giftwrap him home if Mirabel and Mario want him, Thoughts?

420FE742-D83A-4B7F-8285-9F81F2AB18D0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Just get him to the camps. That’s going to be the best way to get him in front of Mirabal/Cristobal. Its not unheard of for kids like this to come out of nowhere and rise late in the recruiting season. That happens to a lot of Canadian prospects that come down to the US private schools to play their senior year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are bringing this kid from Australia to a friend of mines school down here you all will soon see. He's a 6'7 mauler. I can giftwrap him home if Mirabel and Mario want him, Thoughts?

He needs A LOT OF WORK, he is holding on **** near every other play. He desperately needs to work on his hands placement. Half of his pancake blocks would get flagged for holding.

He is a big time waist bender, which against quality competition will get him off balance. He needs to work on bending at the knees so his body almost forms a Z. Because he is so much taller than his competition, the height difference causes him to bend at the waist, but he has to fight that tendency and instead play with good leverage .

The good is he is HELLA ATHLETIC and looks for work downfield while playing with a mean streak. I also like that he it appears he keeps his feet moving when engaging a defender, but the highlight film is a very short reference.

What recruiting year is he in? Is he a rising senior (as in 2023 recruiting class)?

Go Canes

He needs A LOT OF WORK, he is holding on **** near every other play. He desperately needs to work on his hands placement. Half of his pancake blocks would get flagged for holding.

He is a big time waist bender, which against quality competition will get him off balance. He needs to work on bending at the knees so his body almost forms a Z. Because he is so much taller than his competition, the height difference causes him to bend at the waist, but he has to fight that tendency and instead play with good leverage .

The good is he is HELLA ATHLETIC and looks for work downfield while playing with a mean streak. I also like that he it appears he keeps his feet moving when engaging a defender, but the highlight film is a very short reference.

Go Canes

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously the comp there isn't great and when he gets down here we will know what we are working with better. But to your point you can't teach his athleticism and size and I'm hoping with the coaching he is about to get we see him clean up alot of the holes you mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously the comp there isn't great and when he gets down here we will know what we are working with better. But to your point you can't teach his athleticism and size and I'm hoping with the coaching he is about to get we see him clean up alot of the holes you mentioned.

These are a few basic technique to help with hand placement and also notice the Z bend of the line linemen's body

Go Canes

Advertisement

Here are a few more

Go Canes

Just get him to the camps. That’s going to be the best way to get him in front of Mirabal/Cristobal. Its not unheard of for kids like this to come out of nowhere and rise late in the recruiting season. That happens to a lot of Canadian prospects that come down to the US private schools to play their senior year.
This kid walk through camps door , heads will turn “ WHAT IS THAT “ walking by .

Smart move get to camps critical

GOCANES

Advertisement

Definitely have this young man work on his techniques DAY & NIGHT BEFORE HE ATTENDS ANY CAMPS!

That said here is a oline coaching clinic put on by Coach Mirabel, it will give insight into his coaching style and techniques.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back