Thoughts after BC game

Canesbro31

Sophomore
After attending the game behind the bench and being able to see the team up close a few things really stuck out to me.

1. TVD has all day to throw. Some of it is definitely coaching but most of it is on him even with his mental/physical issues he’s going through. This oline is dominant and has been all year.

2. The team has absolutely no fight or care in the world. They are joking around with each other and not invested at all in the game. One instance I noticed the receivers chatting with each other in the 3rd quarter, Jacolby was being motioned into the game with his back turned and he ran onto the field with under 20 on the play clock and definitely had no idea the play call.

Does that kind of stuff happen at Ohio state, Michigan, Alabama? Highly doubt it.

3. Mario allowing the team to have no fight. He didn’t seem invested at all either. Miami was just so much better it didn’t matter, but seriously scary stuff to be that non energetic. That’s how you lose to Georgia tech and go to OT with UVA.

Just some observations obviously a lot to fix but just found this interesting at this level of football, and was wondering if others noticed this at other games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Players goofing off. Eh, that's the stuff you notice when you are losing. Honestly most of that ra ra stuff doesn't matter. It's just an excuse fans use to say players aren't invested.

TVD does have all day. Smart teams give him time to relax and drop 8-9. He normally plays his worst against no pass rush. I guess you can say there was growth this game.

Advertisement
After attending the game behind the bench and being able to see the team up close a few things really stuck out to me.

1. TVD has all day to throw. Some of it is definitely coaching but most of it is on him even with his mental/physical issues he’s going through. This oline is dominant and has been all year.

2. The team has absolutely no fight or care in the world. They are joking around with each other and not invested at all in the game. One instance I noticed the receivers chatting with each other in the 3rd quarter, Jacolby was being motioned into the game with his back turned and he ran onto the field with under 20 on the play clock and definitely had no idea the play call.

Does that kind of stuff happen at Ohio state, Michigan, Alabama? Highly doubt it.

3. Mario allowing the team to have no fight. He didn’t seem invested at all either. Miami was just so much better it didn’t matter, but seriously scary stuff to be that non energetic. That’s how you lose to Georgia tech and go to OT with UVA.

Just some observations obviously a lot to fix but just found this interesting at this level of football, and was wondering if others noticed this at other games.
Stand Up What GIF by 800 Pound Gorilla Media

Advertisement
While im not super thrilled with this year, the one thing we do have is “ fight”. How long has it been since we had a team that ALWAYS looked like they cared. These guys had the moxie and desire. For that I am thankful….game management outside the sideline not as much.

Advertisement
Back