Thought on possible scenarios for winning or Losing?

walker_0019

Recruit
Just wondering what some of your thoughts are. I think.....
If we lose, it's because
1. They are able to gut us up the middle in the run game, which eventually will make their misdirection wr sweeps and reverses into big plays. Not to mention keep them from having to pass much. And keeps our defense on the field too long.
2. We have terrible turnovers. We throw any pics or fumbles when we're close to scoring or when we're too close to their endzone.
3. We suffer from the same **** as last year, drive all the way down to inside the 5 and can't score over and over again.

If we win, it's because,
1. Our Defensive tackles clogged the middle and forced UF to get into many 3rd and longs. That's when we get the chains out.
2. Our special teams plays extremely well keeping us in good field positions and field goals are made. No fake punts allowed.
3. Jarren Williams plays a simple easy flawless game. He hits guys in stride, he has no bad delay of games. He throws the ball away instead of trying too hard. He keeps our defense off the field and rested.

Advertisement
We need to snowball this game. Get on the board early, move the ball on offense, and play efficient YPP defense. If we can play this game with a lead, keep them from being able to run the ball, and at minimum consistently eat some clock and change field position with our offense and special teams, our defensive front 7 will eat them alive by late 3rd quarter and into the 4th.

Advertisement
If we lose, it's because
1. They are able to gut us up the middle in the run game, which eventually will make their misdirection wr sweeps and reverses into big plays. Not to mention keep them from having to pass much. And keeps our defense on the field too long.
2. We have terrible turnovers. We throw any pics or fumbles when we're close to scoring or when we're too close to their endzone.
3. We suffer from the same **** as last year, drive all the way down to inside the 5 and can't score over and over again.

If we win, it's because,
1. Our Defensive tackles clogged the middle and forced UF to get into many 3rd and longs. That's when we get the chains out.
2. Our special teams plays extremely well keeping us in good field positions and field goals are made. No fake punts allowed.
3. Jarren Williams plays a simple easy flawless game. He hits guys in stride, he has no bad delay of games. He throws the ball away instead of trying too hard. He keeps our defense off the field and rested.
Maybe you should start an identical thread before each game this year with the same 6 points.

Realistically, we're looking at a defensive struggle. I'm not banking on our brand new offense and quarterback lighting up the scoreboard right out of the box.

Win the turnover battle
Contain their running game
No special teams flubs

Advertisement
Its gonna be an fsu-type rivalry slugfest game. We recruit from the same grounds they do (and visa versa)...so neither team has a large talent gap over the other.

Run and stop the run. Win the TO battle and minimize (cause they'll be a few), but minimize our mistakes. Then good guys win.

If we lose, it's because

If we win, it's because,
Like I've said, it depends on how the QB can be protected. Enough is enough with these scenarios. That's it. I'm moving on.

The turnover margin along with special team play is going to be a huge key to who wins.
I think JW plays well.
Franks runs for his life.
Canes win 24-13.

Advertisement
The turnover margin along with special team play is going to be a huge key to who wins.
I think JW plays well.
Franks runs for his life.
Canes win 24-13.
I've been saying it feels like 24-17, but your score reflects the 11 point margin we've averaged over them the last 10 games, so I'll go with your score from here out.

If we lose, it's because

If we win, it's because,

If Miami wins its because they outscored the lizards by the end of the contest.

If Miami loses, its because the lizards, with clear assistance from the NCAA, Referees, and 3rd Kennedy gunman, managed to steal a W by outscoring our Canes by the end of the contest.

If we win it’s cause Florida had suspensions and injuries.

If we lose it’s cause we play in the acc and Florida is sec.

This is what Florida and sec homers will say

Advertisement
It is easier and simpler than that period if we win we score more points than Florida if we lose we score less

If I had to pick 3 keys to the game:
1. Run the ball. Best way to protect a young qb and a young o line is to run efficiently.
2. Pressure Franks. If you pressure him he will give you the opportunity to create turnovers.
3. Tackle well. Game 1 is often decided by fundamentals and tackling is the main one. Dont wanna give up big plays because you cant tackle.

I think we win if we can make sure 2 things don’t happen:
1. Can’t allow explosive plays
2.Our Oline needs to hold up

Advertisement
Back