Those who were saying that Flagg was too slow to be effective...

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
...I respectfully disagree.

I don't care if his 40 is 5.7. I focused on him and not only were his instincts good, but he had plenty of speed to get to the play. He didn't look slow at all. That kid needs to continue getting major reps and so does Brooks. Those two should be our starters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
...I respectively disagree.

I don't care if his 40 is 5.7. I focused on him and not only were his instincts good, but he had plenty of speed to get to the play. He didn't look slow at all. That kid needs to continue getting major reps and so does Brooks. Those two should be our starters.
He might be a half step slow to the play, but the alternatives are on the Opposite side of the field

If his 40 time was actually 5.7, he would be sitting next to me on the coach. So yes, you do care. But I see what you are saying. He’s certainly not the fastest LB, but he can play the position. ****, we sound like D’Onfrio.

You better care if it was 5.7 cause he'd be on the bench. Gotta admit he doesn't look all that bad but his speed is still a concern

Advertisement

Zach Thomas 40 time? 4.85

Football instincts can't be measured

Advertisement
Fist yourself. You were the main ringleader of the Flagg is too slow brigade
I saw a play where he chased a guy down sideline to sideline i was impressed but and that's a big but.....like always it was a slow pitt player. We should pop off the screen against slow teams like Pitt.....we looked like hmmmm how can I describe it......that's not UM if u get what I mean we looked I dunno like a big ten team.

And yes I will lead that brigade with Flagg and can guarantee he will not be a legendary UM backer. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but when we recruit a position I expect savagery always from any position. And I always want speed and explosiveness regardless of position....except OL and kicker obviously.

Also after one game I will still say he's not UM caliber (again I'm caliber of my time growing up not TNM) cause I think people have forgotten what we used to see.

Yet mcclown and Jennings were still slow to the ball and always out of place
Flagg never ever on film had a gap problem or being out of place problem.....just explosiveness and speed was my issue and the fact that the big schools close by didn't want him at all. Regardless of meaningless HS mvps

Advertisement
I rock wit u bruh. But this who we gotta play . We not in direct comp w the Elites yet. Once we smoke the pitts like we posed then we build the local cache to put ourself in position where Miami is competing with Miami. Feel me

a
I said we beat pitt by ten that was my marker....I said we would give up chunks plays but win. What's more worrying is man King can't throw deep and the offense is looking repetitive a bit. Not my expertise but that's how it looked. We should win every game here on out besides maybe UNC (or a trip up some where). And lose in a blowout to Clemson again

Jennings and McCloud is just to slow and can't cover. Brooks and Flagg just looks the part and they bring a nice little punch!

I said we beat pitt by ten that was my marker....I said we would give up chunks plays but win. What's more worrying is man King can't throw deep and the offense is looking repetitive a bit. Not my expertise but that's how it looked. We should win every game here on out besides maybe UNC (or a trip up some where). And lose in a blowout to Clemson again
I see what u saying overall and I agree 90%. All I’m saying is we gotta grind again to keep a constant flow of good talent coming in THEN it’s easier to pitch to the wow players on staying home. Kids gotta learn to trust it just like the fans do.

I was 1 of the only ones high on him during the last cycle. Tried to tell y’all during camp that he was going to be the kind of kid who just does his job and quietly racks up the tackles.

He’s going to be a very good player here and I look forward to him forcing all the naysayers to eat crow.

Me too... just no point arguing football with keyboard warriors. Anybody that knows football knew he was a good pick up. The game film was unbelievable he was always around the football!

Advertisement
Back