Those that like to dog Jacoby Briscoe

5Ringz

Thunderdome
The kid turned 18 years old and is redshirting. I see people posting here that he is a waste SMH. At this point last year Eddie Johnson was a waste too? This kid is big and rushes the passer like ive never seen from a 300 pounder. And he has yet to put on solid weight. Kid will be 310+ of muscle after Utough.

Look at this kids clips vs good competition in Lafayette Louisiana.

[video=youtube;O5sImI41DDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5sImI41DDg[/video]

You guys need to ease off these true freshmen. True freshmen usually redshirt and develop. There aren't many Duke Johnson's out there.

I still remember you guys wanting Olsen Pierre to transfer last season lulz

You can't teach the size and speed combination this kid has. Give him time to lift weights and get him off the video games. He'll be fine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
good call ringzino. Im excited to see what progress he makes this offseason.

by progress i of course mean him improving his horrendous Kill/Death ratio in BO2...

strength wise he'll be fine

Kid has some skills/tools...

whether he realizes his chance here and gets started remains to be seen! i hope he does though we need some DT's to be studs for us in the next couple years..

Advertisement
He was getting killed on here and other sites because there was talk he was too soft at DT, hot garbage at DT, or both. Because of this it was said he was being moved to OL.

Then info came out about him basically being a hermit focusing more time on video games than improving his football skills.

His inconsistency and reported laziness are why some schools didnt offer him.

Im not going to write him off yet, but Im still waiting to hear som positives about this kid other than his size.

He was getting killed on here and other sites because there was talk he was too soft at DT, hot garbage at DT, or both. Because of this it was said he was being moved to OL.

Then info came out about him basically being a hermit focusing more time on video games than improving his football skills.

His inconsistency and reported laziness are why some schools didnt offer him.

Im not going to write him off yet, but Im still waiting to hear som positives about this kid other than his size.

So......you want progress reports on his performance in the weight room?

Bcuz that's all buddy is doing while redshirting. That and scout teaming wherever they need him.

Wouldn't u be a little lazy if you were practicing and working but you knew you weren't going to play a down this year?

This is a good thread. And, really, I'd be curious to see if Briscoe develops into a Guard on offense. He has the skillset. Kinda reminds me of Antwan Lowery in his his attributes.

Guessing he was a little homesick and needed to get a feel for the academic side of being a Miami Hurricane. I agree with the OP and would look for him to really come around toward the end of next season with him being a stalwart in the middle of our defense in 2014 as a redshirt sophomore.

EDIT: I did not realize Briscoe was permanently moved to offense. If so, I'd look for him to make a significant impact on that side of the ball as stated above.

Advertisement
Who else was too high and thought he was talking about that QB that chose Gayta over us?

Advertisement
wow, an 18 year old kid struggles his first semester away from home

stop the presses.....

We need to get other 18 year olds that don't struggle away from home. I get it. No big deal, if he isn't comfortable in Miami there is no reason to push him. Let him go to a place he is more comfortable. No hard feelings.

Kid is the size of a moose but moves like a gazelle

Say what u wanna say....u can't teach that combo.

Ringz is on point on this one. When I saw his video it was crazy what he was doing to the competition. Give him time whether on offense or defense he will perform. Kid is good and will prove it I believe based on nothing but gut feeling in the year(s) to come

Advertisement
I am not worried about his physical side but his mental. I guess we'll know how he responded come fall camp or so. Maybe even spring.

His size/speed combo was/is impressive and I was really disappointed when he made no noise this year. Not only did he not make noise, but from some accounts was holding on to a thread. He is still very very in early in his career, so you never know, he sure does have the tools to be a solid player at the collegiate level.

Briscoe's my boy.

and he actually would have played it not for undisclosed injury.

Xbox thumb?

That **** can take ages to heal. Like a high ankle sprain.

Edit: I also remember a DT way back in the 90ies at Ohio State who was called "The Blob" his freshman year because all he did was eat. Ballooned to 370. His soph year he was down to 315, his junior year Dan Wilkininson dominated and got drafted 1st overall.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back