Those four fingers in the air...

SevenNSeven

Junior
are starting to mean something again.

7.jpeg

Uhhh, no, I didn't mean you Chucky.

Down 10 on the road in the 4th quarter, against a no-huddle team that had ran 60+ plays in the preceding 3 quarters, with a quarterback playing one of his worst games as a starter....

And we jammed it down their throats. Completely out physicaled them at the line of scrimmage. Made good plays in short yardage and finished tackles on defense. And capped it all off with a 13-play, 90-yard touchdown drive that had all the finesse of a Goro fatality.

400.gif

Obviously there's a lot of negatives to take from this game, a lot to pick at and nitpick about. It was all a show we had sat through too many times in this last decade of our misery. The mistakes, the mental errors, the injuries, the turnovers...add it all up and we were, yet again, being outplayed by a opponent inferior in overall talent. You can pick from a litany of ACC games we've played from the last decade and find one that fits the script from tonight almost verbatim.

This time however, we were rescued from our self inflicted wounds. Rescued by a couple of role-players and backups playing above and beyond, yes. But rescued most of all by a process:

Golden's process.

And the simple fact that we are bigger, stronger, better nutritioned, and better conditioned than we've been in a long, long time. That is what salvaged this god**** game for us tonight (well that and a man, named after a hat, not realizing that he can use a timeout to stave off a delay of game penalty, but I digress.)

Anyway, regardless of what conclusions you'd like to draw from this game, I just felt like doing my own post game positives and negatives, and they look like this:

+ TOUGHNESS

1lMiLf.St.138.jpeg

pgN0u.St.138.jpeg

9bRic.St.138.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agree with a lot of your points. No way we win this game with last year's team. It was ugly tonight, no doubt, but they didn't panic on offense, defense got some 3& outs in the 4th and UNC self-destructed enough for us to pull it out.

Advertisement
Reminded me of the BC game Dorsey threw 3 picks yet TEAM overcomes...awesome ****

Coker checked out early, AND we had some just awful calls in that game.

Golden had the team under control and focused. Coker just stood there looking stupid while Ed Reed took over coaching the 4th qtr.

Reminded me of the BC game Dorsey threw 3 picks yet TEAM overcomes...awesome ****

Agree to a point about overcoming obstacles, but, from someone that was at that BC game, it was windy and colder than ****. Dorsey struggled with the conditions that game, tonight Morris just plain struggled.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back