Thoroughrbreds

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
No one , and I mean NO ONE acquires a herd of thoroughbreds - to pull wagons.

Thoroughbreds are born to run. Been running all their lives.

So why do we hobble our thoroughbreds? These young men have played football probably most of their lives - and LIVE to go wide open. Not quit. They want to win!

TVD was suddenly thrust into our QB and our OC was calling things fast and wild. No time to think - no time for the defense to set up well, and the play mix was designed to keep them confused. TVD wasn't thinking - he only had time to just execute.

Mario said upon taking the job - we're going to run. (like Alabama USED to) But we ain't the SEC - and even Alabama has abandoned that run, run, run BS. One reason: It's out of date.

TVD is clearly injured. We'd pull any other injured player - no use destroying this guy just to meet some nebulous down the road assumption. Help him - quit throwing him in like we have.

There is not one, single advantage of keeping DVD in the game when Jacurri cannot possibly do worse. Jacurri is supposed to be one of the best athletes we have. He can run. Put him back there with Fletcher - and the Defense has another load of problems.
Fletcher can run - and can drive. Jacurri can run like the wind - and he ain't small. Not only that - but like King would do - he'd fake the handoff - hold - startstep - and when the safeties pulled in - throw to an open man right over their heads.

Jacurri may not have the accuracy TVD had two years ago, but he can run as well as throw.

Flip on and off with Emory - anyone else notice once he settled in - he hit some really good targets? And the linemen were playing lights out to keep his backside clean.

They're going to need snaps before next season - and I don't mean in practice. Nothing like fire to purify metal.

Mario needs to turn the thoroughbreds LOOSE. His OC - turn him loose! He'll run - but this god-awful playcall limitation he's strapped this team with - to show off his tired, worn out Old Alabama run scheme - is DEAD. You're killing us!

Inferior teams become superior teams when you hobble your entire team of horses. When you hobble your OC. Tell the OC to turn the dogs loose! Score points! Get creative!

Unhobble the horses - OC, And Players. Let them run!

Your "Miami Standard" is stuck in the mud, and is digging itself in even deeper. That's no Miami Standard I want - and neither do the players. Or recruits.

We were warned about this very thing happening when you were first hired. Get your head out of your *** and let's play some football.

Advertisement
I would think that the assessment of TVD has been completed for everyone to clearly see. He has had plenty of time to make adjustments to his mechanics as a QB... you can't spin and smokescreen his performance. His grey-matter microprocessor needs major work, only if it is even possible.
Emory is a project in progress that we hope has some QB acumen and has the potential to improve. Let's see what Dawson and his crew can do.

JB is gone. They say he's going to red shirt and they're right. To preserve eligibility for the next team he plays for. Hopefully Emory is ready, but we'll likely throw tvd in to close out the season.

Last night on the 4th & 1, when we took a timeout... we should have put Jacurri in to carry it.

Advertisement
Completely agree.

And the thing is, even if you’re risk averse…at a certain point, and we’re there, you have to ask how much worse can it actually get? You can’t always say that honestly, especially if you’re winning (however ugly). But when you **** near have a 50/50 shot to throw an INT every time you drop back, it’s BAD. Zero tuddies and 3 picks—with several others dropped—is fking gross. We basically ran 3 plays with a chance for positive yardage. My eyes were bleeding.

I don’t care about youth, or playbook knowledge, or whatever. The risk of throwing either backup in is GONE. In other words, if they can hand the ball off, then they’ll AT LEAST be equally an effective as TVD. What’s the worst that can happen? (Spoiler alert: check TVD’s last few stat lines).

JB is gone. They say he's going to red shirt and they're right. To preserve eligibility for the next team he plays for. Hopefully Emory is ready, but we'll likely throw tvd in to close out the season.
He could play our next three games and the bowl game and still have that redshirt.

I guarantee you that J Brown is gonna kill it wherever he goes.
You don’t keep a dude like that on the bench.
You better hope he doesn’t end up in Tallahassee.

Advertisement
Would be shocked if there isn’t movement in the QB room after FSU. Can’t throw a true freshman or JB in at Tally, but expect a change if TVD continues his slide against FSU.

No one , and I mean NO ONE acquires a herd of thoroughbreds - to pull wagons.

Thoroughbreds are born to run. Been running all their lives.

So why do we hobble our thoroughbreds? These young men have played football probably most of their lives - and LIVE to go wide open. Not quit. They want to win!

TVD was suddenly thrust into our QB and our OC was calling things fast and wild. No time to think - no time for the defense to set up well, and the play mix was designed to keep them confused. TVD wasn't thinking - he only had time to just execute.

Mario said upon taking the job - we're going to run. (like Alabama USED to) But we ain't the SEC - and even Alabama has abandoned that run, run, run BS. One reason: It's out of date.

TVD is clearly injured. We'd pull any other injured player - no use destroying this guy just to meet some nebulous down the road assumption. Help him - quit throwing him in like we have.

There is not one, single advantage of keeping DVD in the game when Jacurri cannot possibly do worse. Jacurri is supposed to be one of the best athletes we have. He can run. Put him back there with Fletcher - and the Defense has another load of problems.
Fletcher can run - and can drive. Jacurri can run like the wind - and he ain't small. Not only that - but like King would do - he'd fake the handoff - hold - startstep - and when the safeties pulled in - throw to an open man right over their heads.

Jacurri may not have the accuracy TVD had two years ago, but he can run as well as throw.

Flip on and off with Emory - anyone else notice once he settled in - he hit some really good targets? And the linemen were playing lights out to keep his backside clean.

They're going to need snaps before next season - and I don't mean in practice. Nothing like fire to purify metal.

Mario needs to turn the thoroughbreds LOOSE. His OC - turn him loose! He'll run - but this god-awful playcall limitation he's strapped this team with - to show off his tired, worn out Old Alabama run scheme - is DEAD. You're killing us!

Inferior teams become superior teams when you hobble your entire team of horses. When you hobble your OC. Tell the OC to turn the dogs loose! Score points! Get creative!

Unhobble the horses - OC, And Players. Let them run!

Your "Miami Standard" is stuck in the mud, and is digging itself in even deeper. That's no Miami Standard I want - and neither do the players. Or recruits.

We were warned about this very thing happening when you were first hired. Get your head out of your *** and let's play some football.
Screenshot_20231105_203312_DuckDuckGo.jpg

TVD was never that good like people make him out to be. Bruh dude fell on the ground no one touched him he’s looking for an out. He gave up and he’s scared. He’s done he looked like Daniel Jones in the nfl but in college. He can’t read defenses at all, easy to read them on a chalk board it’s different when it’s live. He basically doesn’t want the fans smoke so he is already checked out. You can see it on his face his body language everything.

He was bad last year and a lot of it imo was on him but you couldn’t say it last year. Now the gig is up and everyone knows. Well some people still don’t know

TVD was never that good like people make him out to be. Bruh dude fell on the ground no one touched him he’s looking for an out. He gave up and he’s scared. He’s done he looked like Daniel Jones in the nfl but in college. He can’t read defenses at all, easy to read them on a chalk board it’s different when it’s live. He basically doesn’t want the fans smoke so he is already checked out. You can see it on his face his body language everything.

He was bad last year and a lot of it imo was on him but you couldn’t say it last year. Now the gig is up and everyone knows. Well some people still don’t know
Right… if you can’t read defenses you need to find a less cerebral sport.

Advertisement
Right… if you can’t read defenses you need to find a less cerebral sport.
He’s been like that since he’s been here. I knew something was off in year one I just couldn’t say anything. All I knew is he wasn’t what people thought he was. I think most were way over eating him. We have already seen the best of him ever he won’t reach that again unless he went to some lesser college with a sh scheddy.l and the game will be slower for him.

Everything is just too fast for him.

Advertisement
He’s been like that since he’s been here. I knew something was off in year one I just couldn’t say anything. All I knew is he wasn’t what people thought he was. I think most were way over eating him. We have already seen the best of him ever he won’t reach that again unless he went to some lesser college with a sh scheddy.l and the game will be slower for him.

Everything is just too fast for him.
Just look at his eyes and his lack of intensity on the field and on the bench. I spoke about the mental microprocessor in this thread… jeez Ray Charles could see he’s slower than he should be to be able to operate as a QB at the P5 level.
also confidence is lacking. IDK what the coaches see.

Just look at his eyes and his lack of intensity on the field and on the bench. I spoke about the mental microprocessor in this thread… jeez Ray Charles could see he’s slower than he should be to be able to operate as a QB at the P5 level.
also confidence is lacking. IDK what the coaches see.
That’s the thing though in the qb rooms these so called “quarterbacks” get most things right on the chalk board. Think of grudens camp espn series if you went based on interviews every qb would be the number one pick. They know the game the thing is can you play it? And each level it gets harder (pause) and when you reach your ceiling you reach it and that’s that.

Advertisement
Back