Thomas Oosterbroek enters transfer portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope he gets to play somewhere. He had offers from UC Santa Barbara, Cal State Fullerton, Eastern Washington and Loyola Chicago out of high school, so he can play.
Yeah, I saw that too in the UM official bio. Shows just how big the jump can be from being a HS star in a major US city to being able to play at all at the highest collegiate level.

He averaged 21 ppg in HS and is 6'8. Should be able to hopefully fit in somewhere, maybe at a lower "mid-major."

First scholarship players enter the transfer portal.
Now, walk ons enter the transfer portal.
Who's next, team managers?
Don't these guys remember making the Final 4.
They act like they didn't make the tournament.
Ever consider if any of those scholly players were "invited" to leave? Or, saw the writing on the wall as far as future PT goes?

Advertisement
He didn't used to be. Maybe once everyone jumped on the bandwagon things changed for him?
That would be a really sad reason if true lol. Not sure why there’s negativity after the last two years. He tried calling me a bandwagon fan when I’ve been a fan since the Haith days.

Advertisement
That would be a really sad reason if true lol. Not sure why there’s negativity after the last two years. He tried calling me a bandwagon fan when I’ve been a fan since the Haith days.

Somehow the FBI investigation years didn’t break Coach L… but it sure broke DLO.

Also… it’s fair that the only way to survive the Clark and Haith years was to criticize the apocryphal coaching… so I think being an armchair coach is just an old habit that is hard to break. Even when we finally have a hall of fame coach taking us to Elite 8s and the Final 4.

Advertisement
Coach Meier has put an interesting group together.... this is going to be fast team with 3pt snipers to neutralize those giants in the middle. Size is a significant advantage in women's hoops .. maybe more than men.

That is kinda contradicts the comments Coach L made to the media after the Final 4.
Of course, no coach is gonna say to the media or public-at-large that it might be best to part company with this player or that.

But ... all players want to know where they stand. There's only a finite amount of playing time. It's not hard to send a player the message that next season is likely not gonna see them playing any more than maybe they did the past year. Hence, the Portal door becomes appealing.

Thought he actually looked pretty good in some of the practice clips they posted, and as others said, he D1 offers coming out of high school. Having legit players like that to go up against in practice everyday is pretty valuable, so I wouldn't say this is a nothing loss. Oh well, wish him the best.

Advertisement
Back