Thomas Gore portal

Advertisement
Yep, but is he an example of sacrificing young talent in order to win this year or are there other things in play?

If I remember, he was thought to be pretty raw, brought in more on potential than anything else. Maybe once they saw him on a daily basis, they felt ... (who knows, fill in the blanks).
What *promising* young talent did we lose other than Pulliam?

Advertisement
Room upgraded for sure. Still got time next season to upgrade it even further. Could be some future transfers there as well depending on what we bring in. Pause

Cause not everyone works out
Brother…

The room is not better. We lost our top 3 returning DTs. We added two in the winter + added kids that have never played a down of collegiate football.

And the staff STILL WANTS TWO GAME READY DT’s…

Objectively, what does that tell you about the current state of the room?

It’s either…

A. The staff is wrong
B. The staff is underwhelmed with the current room and is desperately seeking talent (via the desire for not one, two DTs)

I’ll go with B.

Could it be better down the road? I **** sure hope so. But right now? Read the progression of events.

Everything you said is reasonable and I don't disagree with it.

My only comment is, Gore was clearly not it from before we added him. And I hope the staff didn't need multiple practices to figure that out.

But as you mentioned above, if the reason is we simply needed bodies. Nobody should complain about that. If the reason was, they thought Gore could have a big impact. That's slightly concerning.
I've always felt at DT, we needed bodies.

We still do.

Only thing this thread is missing is anyone acknowledging how stupid they sounded 5 months ago arguing against building through the portal. @TheOriginalCane I'll hand up and listen.

Typical ignorance from you.

We are not "building through the Portal" when we take a bunch of 1-year guys.

Every time I think you've hit your low-point of stupidity, you find a new depth.

Not only are your attempts to stir up fights pathetic, but terribly weak as well.

Typical ignorance from you.

We are not "building through the Portal" when we take a bunch of 1-year guys.

Every time I think you've hit your low-point of stupidity, you find a new depth.

Not only are your attempts to stir up fights pathetic, but terribly weak as well.
I didn't expect anything else. Carry on.

Advertisement
Brother…

The room is not better. We lost our top 3 returning DTs. We added two in the winter + added kids that have never played a down of collegiate football.

And the staff STILL WANTS TWO GAME READY DT’s…

Objectively, what does that tell you about the current state of the room?

It’s either…

A. The staff is wrong
B. The staff is underwhelmed with the current room and is desperately seeking talent (via the desire for not one, two DTs)

I’ll go with B.

Could it be better down the road? I **** sure hope so. But right now? Read the progression of events.
how is the room not better with the names he just listed? Do a list of last season and do a list of this season, i dont care if Artavious Jones is 12 years old hes better than Gore

I didn't expect anything else. Carry on.

Of course not. You are a clown who makes clown arguments in an effort to start fights with people and give the false impression that you are a knowledgeable poster. I don't expect anything else from you.

K. We coo?

Yep, but is he an example of sacrificing young talent in order to win this year or are there other things in play?

If I remember, he was thought to be pretty raw, brought in more on potential than anything else. Maybe once they saw him on a daily basis, they felt ... (who knows, fill in the blanks).
then its a bad eval and investment which goes back to the list of them - moss, Kelly, achaempong, Wayne, moss, pulliam, Riley.

Advertisement
Of course not. You are a clown who makes clown arguments in an effort to start fights with people and give the false impression that you are a knowledgeable poster. I don't expect anything else from you.

K. We coo?
If you decide to man up, I'll be here. Ttyl.

And possibly the same size, even at 12 years old...
Jones I am more excited for than the 5 staar Scott, I think that kid is going to be special. Snatched right under FSUs nose. That Evaluation IMO will pay huge dividends if I think what that kids going to be. Possible first round talent.

how is the room not better with the names he just listed? Do a list of last season and do a list of this season, i dont care if Artavious Jones is 12 years old hes better than Gore

LT - No replacement so worse
JHH - No replacement so worse
Deen = Cook (Maybe probably worse though)
Horton= Horton (if healthy and signs of life maybe better)
Moten=Moten
Lichenstein= A 300 bag of flour would be an upgrade
Gore= A 300 bag of flour would be an upgrade

Our top end has not gotten better on DT's, Our floor has gotten better. It still results in a mediocre unit.

Advertisement
And possibly the same size, even at 12 years old...
Ok this was funny touché 😂
again, how is the room better? You listed names, where’s the production?

Why does the staff want 2 more DTs? For fun?

It ain’t depth, that’s for sure. Barrow isn’t coming for depth. Harmon wasn’t being pursued for depth.

They are telling you right to your face that the bodies in the room AIN’T GOOD ENOUGH…and they want TWO. Not one…

Advertisement
Back