Thomas Finnie

Andrew

All American
Administrator
Before the season we heard a lot about Finnie. What type of jump do you guys think he makes this next season? Maybe a Hurns type jump?

Advertisement
He should be able to secure a starting job along with McGee unless we go JUCO crazy.

Speaking of Hurns...what the heck happened in that second half of the season?

Advertisement
Streeter.

Maybe but he also dropped quite a few balls.

As for Finnie think about this. Only McGee, Finnie, DJohnson, and Payne are CBs coming back next year. 1st ouch, 2nd I'd guess Johnson and Payne are attrition candidates 3rd I hope he takes that step because we sure as **** need it.

Streeter.

Maybe but he also dropped quite a few balls.

As for Finnie think about this. Only McGee, Finnie, DJohnson, and Payne are CBs coming back next year. 1st ouch, 2nd I'd guess Johnson and Payne are attrition candidates 3rd I hope he takes that step because we sure as **** need it.
normally i would agree.....but with the position so thin.....i cant see that happening

Hurns was in a sling for a couple weeks after I believe the Georgia Tech game even though he still played

Finnie needs to make that kind of jump for us, luckily he was praised as a hard worker in the off-season so with another spring and summer to get bigger and stronger he could make an impact as a sophmore.

Advertisement

Hurns needs to put in the same type of work this off season that Streeter and Hank have put in previously. The potential is there with this kid, he just need to fine tune his craft.

Kid looked good at the beginning of the year, looked like he got dinged up and struggled to make it back in the line-up.

I think Finnie's success in the spring and offseason was a PR ploy to feed to recruits. That was one of the first things Golden was pitching to DB's and WR's looking at Miami.

Love Hurns' potential, but definitely needs a lot of work. Still looked a little awkward out there and needs to catch the ball better. Still, I see a major leap forward for him next year.

Advertisement

Maybe he hit some sort of physical wall? Not sure. One thing for sure is that he's got to get stronger.

Too bad he couldn't RS last year - he could have used it.

I think he'll be productive in 2012 - much moreso than Byrd. Speaking of which, what the heck happened to THAT guy?!

I find it very hard to believe that our cornerback rotation for next year will not include some JUCO players or some stud true reshmen...
McGee needs to have a Marcus Maxey type senior year.. Hopefully Finnie can step up but i dont see us surviving with McGee, Finine as our two main CB and have Payne and Davon making up the dime package.. Dont see it happening that way.. We need a kid like Grimes or Dorsey.. Al knows this and he will address the situation.. He brought in Mike Williams this year for goodness sake... We are scary thin at this position.. Tracey Howard would be nice.. Let's pray that Legget gets in..

Maybe he hit some sort of physical wall? Not sure. One thing for sure is that he's got to get stronger.

Too bad he couldn't RS last year - he could have used it.

I think he'll be productive in 2012 - much moreso than Byrd. Speaking of which, what the heck happened to THAT guy?!

+1 on being really disappointed at the season Byrd had. From the outside it looked like he was rounding into a solid season (size, hands, work ethic) but he was invisible. Would not be surprised if he made some noise in the league, though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back