Thomas Davis to the Portal

Advertisement
Davis is 6'2" 225. He's not too small to be an OLB. He's just too small to be a 4/3 DE.
But he’s a tweener in skillset not just size. Not big enough to set the edge as a DE, not fast enough off the edge to make up the difference for that size deficiency there. Has the size for an OLB but probably not agile enough in coverage or has the football IQ to read and react like he’s supposed to for that position either or else they would’ve found use for him there.

Last edited:

And so it begins.

bye-slide.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Davis is 6'2" 225. He's not too small to be an OLB. He's just too small to be a 4/3 DE.
Problem is we recruited him to play DE and that “6’2” is allegedly very generous. I think he would be best served going to a team that runs a 3/4 base.

Advertisement
Problem is we recruited him to play DE and that “6’2” is allegedly very generous. I think he would be best served going to a team that runs a 3/4 base.
Agreed. His high school tape shows a legit pass rusher with advanced technique. He should have went to a 3/4 team right off the bat. We’re loaded at edge but I still think this kid can play

Agreed. His high school tape shows a legit pass rusher with advanced technique. He should have went to a 3/4 team right off the bat. We’re loaded at edge but I still think this kid can play
In college tho…? Not many teams can run that. It’s starts with having a space eating NT and then super versatile DEs. It’s probably a handful of teams that have the personnel to run a 3/4 effectively.

In college tho…? Not many teams can run that. It’s starts with having a space eating NT and then super versatile DEs. It’s probably a handful of teams that have the personnel to run a 3/4 effectively.
There’s a ton of odd front defenses. Most of them at 3-3-5 these days

Nick Herbig at Wisconsin finished second nationally in sacks per game as a 6’2” 230lb OLB this year

Advertisement
Still have too many jags remaining
I really thought Mario was gonna prime time this roster last year
Maybe he’s too kind hearted
But there’s still double digit jags that need to be replaced
The only issue is our portal takes are 50/50 good to jag ratio

Still have too many jags remaining
I really thought Mario was gonna prime time this roster last year
Maybe he’s too kind hearted
But there’s still double digit jags that need to be replaced
The only issue is our portal takes are 50/50 good to jag ratio
It ain’t happening. The best players in the portal aren’t lining up to play here

Advertisement
Back