Thomas Davis Commits!!!!

Advertisement
He's got a bit of Elvis Dumervil in him. Going to be a tough eval (I've only watched this highlight, so I'm not judging yet).

There was a long-arm in there, quick stack-and-shed, heavy hands, pursuit, inside dip moves. Add with it a superior get-off. Pretty advanced repertoire for a HS kid.

Downsides are the severe lack of length and a frame that is fairly maxed out. You just don't know what the growth potential is. It's like Butch Davis said, where you're projecting what they could be, not what they are. He's playing great competition, has shown requisite toughness, and put up stats.

I'd take him, but he doesn't fit the prototype of what we normally take at the position and he's shown some level of wishy-washy in him.

Will be fascinating to see what the coaches decide to do in the end.

Advertisement
He's got a bit of Elvis Dumervil in him. Going to be a tough eval (I've only watched this highlight, so I'm not judging yet).

There was a long-arm in there, quick stack-and-shed, heavy hands, pursuit, inside dip moves. Add with it a superior get-off. Pretty advanced repertoire for a HS kid.

Downsides are the severe lack of length and a frame that is fairly maxed out. You just don't know what the growth potential is. It's like Butch Davis said, where you're projecting what they could be, not what they are. He's playing great competition, has shown requisite toughness, and put up stats.

I'd take him, but he doesn't fit the prototype of what we normally take at the position and he's shown some level of wishy-washy in him.

Will be fascinating to see what the coaches decide to do in the end.
this ... i've been thinking dummerville for a minute

He’ll announce a final decision at noon today on his Twitter (@itstdamove). While UGA and Auburn made a late run, his final 3: Miami, FSU and South Carolina.

Davis’ high school coach, Randy McPherson (who retired after last season), weighed in to CaneSport that “Here’s the deal, the God’s honest truth - he’s 4.5 every single time, it doesn’t matter who has the stopwatch. He’s 11.0 in the 100 meter. … That explosive quickness. You can’t block him.” Davis might be ranked as a three star, but he has five-star upside. He had 17 sacks last season. “A 3-star? I’m telling you this - I wouldn’t trade anybody with any number of stars for Thomas Davis,” McPherson said. “He would be one of my 11 guys on defense without a doubt, no way I’d trade it out.

Advertisement

Watching his highlights
-
He reminds me of Dee Ford at Auburn. He was 6’2 240 with explosive first step and good bend.

it is funny to watch some on here complain about taking this kid. We should drop players before not taking Davis. It is essentially what we are doing because if a big fish wants in then some of our lower recruits will lose their spot. It’s a great way to not count your chickens before they hatch with the marshalls, Taylor’s, and Brooks, etc. in this cycle, and also not lose out on a kid like Davis.

Miami northwestern uses their better athletes like this , they put him at de and just let him go. They used brooks the exact same way, even though he’s a natural lb. Then people questioned if he could play lb, say what ? I had arguments with dummies about this idiocy.

They use their de like some schools without a great qb use their best athlete at qb, just put the ball in their best athletes hand and let him go. Even though there’s no chance he’s play qb at the next level.

Hammet is a lb at Miami , plain and simple. They love long, rangy kids and he fits the mold perfectly.

Oh and I expect Davis to be in this class.
If we've got 24 spots, means we have 3 left. 1 QB, 1 for Taylor, and 1 for a CB....now I get the staff likes Davis and I think he's take for sure, I just think either we're not super sure about either Brown or Marshall because I feel like taking 4 CBs this cycle would be ideal.

He’ll announce a final decision at noon today on his Twitter (@itstdamove). While UGA and Auburn made a late run, his final 3: Miami, FSU and South Carolina.

Davis’ high school coach, Randy McPherson (who retired after last season), weighed in to CaneSport that “Here’s the deal, the God’s honest truth - he’s 4.5 every single time, it doesn’t matter who has the stopwatch. He’s 11.0 in the 100 meter. … That explosive quickness. You can’t block him.” Davis might be ranked as a three star, but he has five-star upside. He had 17 sacks last season. “A 3-star? I’m telling you this - I wouldn’t trade anybody with any number of stars for Thomas Davis,” McPherson said. “He would be one of my 11 guys on defense without a doubt, no way I’d trade it out.

this is great quote for the star whores.

If we've got 24 spots, means we have 3 left. 1 QB, 1 for Taylor, and 1 for a CB....now I get the staff likes Davis and I think he's take for sure, I just think either we're not super sure about either Brown or Marshall because I feel like taking 4 CBs this cycle would be ideal.
Lot of rumblings the NCAA will remove the hard 25 cap for this season. If that's the case we might be able to take up to 28ish. Take the guys you like and figure it out later.

Advertisement
this is great quote for the star whores.

Actually, its a great quote for everyone but them. Star Whores care about stars. I'm more concerned with getting a 5-star TALENT to Greentree than a 5-star RATED kid. That's what the coach is saying we are getting. Hope he's right!

I don’t think we need 4 this cycle. I’d be very happy just adding Marshall. We may not lose any after this season as we have no seniors.

Then go al in on Earl Little Jr and another elite 22’ CB.

it is funny to watch some on here complain about taking this kid. We should drop players before not taking Davis. It is essentially what we are doing because if a big fish wants in then some of our lower recruits will lose their spot. It’s a great way to not count your chickens before they hatch with the marshalls, Taylor’s, and Brooks, etc. in this cycle, and also not lose out on a kid like Davis.
Kid is a FREAK. Only pause I'd have is just how we've exploded onto scene due to kids wanting to be a bit closer to home, I can see the Bama-UGA-Auburn committable plus "incentizes" offer come late in the game and this kid ghosts us....this pandemic has opened the recruiting floodgates for our class but we have to know at some point that it'll work for other schools too, particularly in a case where a kid is from SE Georgia. I can totally see Rivals site shooting him up to high 4* soon as the Bama offer rolls in. just always felt weird about this one, but I guess we'll see happens

Advertisement

Could you expand on the wishy-washy concerns @Lance Roffers ? You're the first person I've seen mention that issue, others say they love his motor.

Actually, its a great quote for everyone but them. Star Whores care about stars. I'm more concerned with getting a 5-star TALENT to Greentree than a 5-star RATED kid. That's what the coach is saying we are getting. Hope he's right!

this quote reassured their fragile minds. And it came from a reputable source not a fan or mod for the hurricanes.

Advertisement
Back