Thomas Davis Commits!!!!

Advertisement
Flip side of the coin for anyone not crazy about this take, would you rather he go to Florida state and we have to deal with him down the road? His first step and speed is special. This staff is in love with him and one thing I will not question is their eye for talent on the defensive line, especially on the edge.

Advertisement
He's a pretty unique player. He doesn't play like his body type would suggest. His team has him stacking and playing in the garbage. His punch and inside spin is really cool. His closing speed is nice.

With that said, I think he's got some high variance. I can see role player...if he gets bigger, gets coached up to play more outside he can be more...I'd like to see if he can stand up a little bit and play in a pass rush / downhill middle linebacker in a sub package. I've said it before, but Shaq had a role in 2018 where he rushed the passer from multiple spots and had a lot of success and Davis' film shows some traits that can win like Shaq won as a pass rusher in 2018. He can be more as he gets bigger and gets coached up and things break right, but at minimum, he can be a unique pass rushing role player you can get cute with.

You can never take too many pass rushers.

Advertisement
who do you think our Top 2 DE in S Fla will be next year?
Shemar Stewart
Kenyatta Jackson
Francois Nolton Jr
Marvin Jones Jr (although he's more of an OLB)
Dante Anderson
Daniel Lyons
Nyjalik Kelly
Richard Thomas
Jamaal Johnson
Plus Wilfredo Aybar who plays up in Connecticut but is originally from Miami.

If you're asking who we'll recruit, there's the list, if you're asking who will we sign, that remains to be seen.

Shemar Stewart
Kenyatta Jackson
Francois Nolton Jr
Marvin Jones Jr (although he's more of an OLB)
Dante Anderson
Daniel Lyons
Nyjalik Kelly
Richard Thomas
Jamaal Johnson
Plus Wilfredo Aybar who plays up in Connecticut but is originally from Miami.

If you're asking who we'll recruit, there's the list, if you're asking who will we sign, that remains to be seen.
I guess my question (knowing all of the stud options) who would be Miami’s top targets from that list, 1A and 1B, or is it to soon for that or to close to call?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back