Thomas Davis Commits!!!!

Advertisement
I’m good sitting out DE2. We are already loaded and this makes it more attractive to 22 when we will take 3.

Davis is good but I would pass.

I am good either way. The staff seems to really like and want him.

Would bet my house in this kid picking FSU.
Agreed!! I was very skeptical of the Dad’s abrupt exodus from the board, especially the timing coinciding with the nole offer. All signs point to fsu imo, and I’m ok with that. DE recruiting has been a staple in recent years and not getting TD won’t affect that one bit. I’m just very skeptical of parents that post on message boards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe if he picks FSU we can go ahead and lock down Chase Smith.

But....I will say that with pretty much all us Canes pressing for Chase and clamoring for Hammett to move to DE...the staff has to know something we don't know. Such as DE Phillips eyeing that 2021 draft? If we lose 3 DEs after 2020 (Rousseau-Roche-Phillips), I'd have to agree that we'd need 2 True DEs (not counting Hammett moving to DE).

Would 1000% take Chase Smith instead and use Hammet at DE if needed (it won’t be). TD makes me feel like even if he picks us he’s a legit SEC offer away from drcomitting.
RHeight 2.0 and we cannot afford that. Need to stack talent. Chase would be our version of former LSU LB Patrick Queen.[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
I can see him pick miami next month but the concern is can we keep him if an SEC school goes after him before signing day.

Maybe if he picks FSU we can go ahead and lock down Chase Smith.

But....I will say that with pretty much all us Canes pressing for Chase and clamoring for Hammett to move to DE...the staff has to know something we don't know. Such as DE Phillips eyeing that 2021 draft? If we lose 3 DEs after 2020 (Rousseau-Roche-Phillips), I'd have to agree that we'd need 2 True DEs (not counting Hammett moving to DE).
Here is what I will say regarding Chase Smith. I’ve worked in college programs evaluating players. I had a very good coach look at me and say “You have to tell me what position he is going to play!”. Now, he went on to say that if I don’t have an answer and I want to pound the table, then I have to have a really strong argument.

In the case of Chase, what position are we talking about? I think he’s a very good athlete. But, what position does he play. Most college coaches aren’t bringing guys in with no clue what they do. Unless they are elite.

Now, maybe he is elite somewhere. But I think there has to be a plan. And I’m not sure what that is. Just my opinion.

Here is what I will say regarding Chase Smith. I’ve worked in college programs evaluating players. I had a very good coach look at me and say “You have to tell me what position he is going to play!”. Now, he went on to say that if I don’t have an answer and I want to pound the table, then I have to have a really strong argument.

In the case of Chase, what position are we talking about? I think he’s a very good athlete. But, what position does he play. Most college coaches aren’t bringing guys in with no clue what they do. Unless they are elite.

Now, maybe he is elite somewhere. But I think there has to be a plan. And I’m not sure what that is. Just my opinion.
That is ridiculous. He doesn’t even have to play this year. Positions are changing in definition anyway. He looks absolutely perfect for the hybrid linebacker spot.

Advertisement

So what about James Willlams, if we are honest he probably want be a true safety in college and their are reports of him not being physical enough. With that being said, Chase Smith would be an outstanding OLB/striker.

That is ridiculous. He doesn’t even have to play this year. Positions are changing in definition anyway. He looks absolutely perfect for the hybrid linebacker spot.
I SEE A VERY ATHLETICS DEFENSIVE PLAYER. ONE WHO CAN RUSH FROM THE STANDING POSITION. I SEE SOMEONE WHO CAN DROP INTO COVERAGE. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A STRIKER TO ME IN OUR DEFENSE.

So what about James Willlams, if we are honest he probably want be a true safety in college and their are reports of him not being physical enough. With that being said, Chase Smith would be an outstanding OLB/striker.
So, good question. I think there is an issue with Williams position projection. Notice how I referenced that in my post?

It seems to me that the coaching staff looks at Smith and Williams as athletes with questionable positions moving forward. So, maybe they want to take 1 but not 2 and they have Williams on top and think they will get him.

You can’t take everybody and this is probably what you are seeing. 2 good athletes for 1 spot.

I think it’s funny you claim something as ridiculous. Have you worked in a football recruiting room? I’m guessing no. So, relax dude.

Advertisement
Back