Thomas Davis Commits!!!!

Lee's Fried Chicken in Sanford Fl makes others sit their Azzes down....Not only Great Fried Chicken...but the Biscuits and Cole Slaw are Top Notch as well....

Ayyyyyy! Bokey! I love Lee's! The rib ranch used to be fire too. Hollerbach is dank German and Shantels makes some good friend chicken.

I know sanford and sushi don't exactly sound like a wining combo but yabi sushi never disappointed me either.

Diners in the key is either Mel's or BBee's neither one is particularly culinary show stopping but good greasy breakfast. For nostalgia purposes its Mel's for me.

There is a produce stand on the corner of 46 and sanford Ave called baggs. They have Cajun boiled peanuts that I swear are the best you ever tasted. Makes the 415 and 44 new Smyrna peanut guy to shame. No cap.

Advertisement
I prefer the dark meat and the mac instead of slaw, but other than that, we good!

It's funny that more people haven't figured out what the "Famous Recipe" is referring to.

I wish they would come back to Altamonte near where my mom lives, they have a crappy Jimmy Hula's where the Famous Recipe (of my childhood) used to be.

Hulas is trash too. I went to the one in winter park with some of the residents of this super affluent retirement community I worked for. Mary Page, God rest her soul, told the manager the tacos tasted like "Caribbean *******". Ill never forget that **** lol

Ayyyyyy! Bokey! I love Lee's! The rib ranch used to be fire too. Hollerbach is dank German and Shantels makes some good friend chicken.

I know sanford and sushi don't exactly sound like a wining combo but yabi sushi never disappointed me either.

Diners in the key is either Mel's or BBee's neither one is particularly culinary show stopping but good greasy breakfast. For nostalgia purposes its Mel's for me.

There is a produce stand on the corner of 46 and sanford Ave called baggs. They have Cajun boiled peanuts that I swear are the best you ever tasted. Makes the 415 and 44 new Smyrna peanut guy to shame. No cap.
**** Yes on Hollerbach...a Buddy of mine is a Superintendent at White's Site Development in Sanford...we'd hit that place up alot....Killer Mushroom & Swiss Burger...

Son of a...you know about the 415 and 44 guy?! There also used to be a guy out on 46 and/or 44 in Lake County.

Look, I'll be honest, I don't eat boiled peanuts, but my 3 brothers do, and they'll definitely drive to a favorite spot.

Advertisement
Hulas is trash too. I went to the one in winter park with some of the residents of this super affluent retirement community I worked for. Mary Page, God rest her soul, told the manager the tacos tasted like "Caribbean *******". Ill never forget that **** lol

True story, I went to the one in Altamonte about a month after it opened. It was so bad, that I left a (very rare for me) 1-star review on Yelp. They immediately got a bunch of employees to post pointless 5-star reviews that said things like "friendly staff".

A year or two later, I was waiting on an oil change, so I popped back in, it was just as bad as my first visit. I think they got Yelp to take down my review, I can't find it any longer.

I don't want to know how Ms. Page knew what Caribbean ******* tastes like, but I can only imagine that she was accurate.

Advertisement
If y’all ever in Houston hit the north and fade Dream wings. Black owned and it’s fire.. only place I know that you can get robbed by an employee who just took your order

Son of a...you know about the 415 and 44 guy?! There also used to be a guy out on 46 and/or 44 in Lake County.

Look, I'll be honest, I don't eat boiled peanuts, but my 3 brothers do, and they'll definitely drive to a favorite spot.
I grew up on "old country store" boiled peanuts on 46 a cooter hair past midway. They were decent and cheap plus my pops knew the owner. Until they found the manatee skulls and stuffed bald eagle at his house and took his *** to jail. My dad had a buddy who had so many duis he would take his airboat from mellonville to the little champ next to the car wash.

But I digress. The 415 and 44 man, when I got my first large Styrofoam cup of brown goodness I about lost it when I moved a goober and there was a large broccoli floret staring me right in the kisser. Will have to say **** is delightful lol

But yeah bags puts them to shame with the Cajun flavor. I'll usually send my mom some dab pens and she will overnight me some peanuts.

Also Mrs. Page was a worldly woman. The retirement home is called the Mayflower in winter Park. More old money in that place than I ever did see.

What a Surprise. Another thread derailed. Smdh. Can’t y’all start a new thread, really easy to do?!!

Thomas Davis pops is auditioning for them dancing Norvells. Any insights on choice of outfit? Will Julianne hough take away OR add to his performance?

What else would you like to add sir?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back