Thomas Davis and Tyler Johnson [Just askin'?]

He will be in the portal, possibly as soon as this summer. There will be plenty of cuts coming. Arkansas, Miss St and USCe wouldn’t win most G5 conferences.

Big boy football is Bama, OSU, OK, LSU, Texas, A&M, Clemson, UGA, MICH, Penn St. If those schools are not recruiting the prospect chances are they are not good.
Definitely saving this one. Portal by this summer? With our depth at DE? Lol! What you think this is 2002 when we had McDougle, AWilliams, JGreen, CGreen, OHarris, JNanton in the DE room?? Our DE depth is the worst position group on the whole roster. Even worse then LB. We need all the DE depth we can get right now. Davis isn’t going anywhere.

Advertisement
Johnson is out for spring. Davis is at DE and getting snaps with first-team due to depth issues. Both have the speed for LB, would like for them to get a look there. They are undersized at end.
I here they are very excited about Davis and think he has a chance to really contribute......They say he has a motor that really affects OL.....

Definitely saving this one. Portal by this summer? With our depth at DE? Lol! What you think this is 2002 when we had McDougle, AWilliams, JGreen, CGreen, OHarris, JNanton in the DE room?? Our DE depth is the worst position group on the whole roster. Even worse then LB. We need all the DE depth we can get right now. Davis isn’t going anywhere.
Is Davis even a DE? Lol. Please save it. Kelly is already ahead of him and he hasn’t taken a snap.

Some of you cats don’t get it. We have bigger aspirations than the ACC. This ******* kid Davis isn’t part of the equation believe me.

Advertisement
Mario after 2nd scrimmage: "Thomas Davis is a guy that has to be singled out as well. He's made a lot of plays this spring just with relentless effort, technique & toughness."

So maybe he will contribute this year? It's early so the praise is still taken with a grain of salt. It would be great if he could develop to play all linebacker positions in 3-4 sets (someone above mentioned Trent Harris as a comp)

[1:22 mark]

Is Davis even a DE? Lol. Please save it. Kelly is already ahead of him and he hasn’t taken a snap.

Some of you cats don’t get it. We have bigger aspirations than the ACC. This ******* kid Davis isn’t part of the equation believe me.
If he's not a DE, what is he? The kid has always played DE. I doubt very much, at 19 or 20 years old, he's going to develop the read and react skills necessary to play LB.

Suggesting guys' positions based on height shows a complete lack of football knowledge.

I'm not predicting that he'll be a star or even a starter, but if he is, it will in all likelihood be at DE.

Advertisement
If he's not a DE, what is he? The kid has always played DE. I doubt very much, at 19 or 20 years old, he's going to develop the read and react skills necessary to play LB.

Suggesting guys' positions based on height shows a complete lack of football knowledge.

I'm not predicting that he'll be a star or even a starter, but if he is, it will in all likelihood be at DE.
He played MLB in an all-star game or during his senior year and was really good at it

YES I trust the staff’s evals, and YES I acknowledge that some kids are underrated, and YES every school produces NFL talent…BUT, as a general rule, if your best offer is Arkansas, Miami shouldn’t be going after you hard. That’s just a f*cking fact.

Stop using exceptions to prove this makes sense. We’re trusting the staff on this one, plus we have no depth, but next year and the year after, this kind of kid doesn’t get a look. There are only so many hours in a day, aim higher.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back