Thomas Davis and Tyler Johnson [Just askin'?]

Advertisement
Dude....WTF?! Go look at his film. What is major P5 talent to you? The only thing he's missing is height for his position. He's 6'2. But Production... check, Look at his stats... motor... check, violence.... check, speed..... double check. Kid ran in the mid 11's (100m) as a 220lb DE. He also played in one of the toughest high school regions in this country (GA-1AAAAAAA). Soooo WTF are you talking about? If this kid was 6' 4" and from So. Fla, you'd be tugging on your lil crank, at the prospect of him getting on the field and repping the U, this year or the next! He is a Freshman! Let these kids be in school for at least a couple of years before we condemn them to not being P5 talent. ****!!!
If he’s 6’2 then I’m 6’2, and I’m 5’10 maybe 5’11 in shoes. I don’t care where the **** they are from. Outside of DB, WR and RB a lot of S Florida kids are overrated. No big school in the southeast recruited this kid for a reason. Not athletic enough for LB or big enough for DE.

Someone said it best. He looks like a freshman on varsity who’s scrappy and gives 100% effort but is drowning in his jersey in the 90’s.

Dude....WTF?! Go look at his film. What is major P5 talent to you? The only thing he's missing is height for his position. He's 6'2. But Production... check, Look at his stats... motor... check, violence.... check, speed..... double check. Kid ran in the mid 11's (100m) as a 220lb DE. He also played in one of the toughest high school regions in this country (GA-1AAAAAAA). Soooo WTF are you talking about? If this kid was 6' 4" and from So. Fla, you'd be tugging on your lil crank, at the prospect of him getting on the field and repping the U, this year or the next! He is a Freshman! Let these kids be in school for at least a couple of years before we condemn them to not being P5 talent. ****!!!
I dont know how anyone cannot love Davis after watching his tape.

Wing span is important

Of the list I shared, only Cliff Avril had over 34 inch arms (34 7/8)

Everyone else on the list had under 33 1/2 inch arms. With Vic Beasley, Dee Ford & Lorenzo Alexander having 32 inch arms or shorter.

Arm length definitely helps. It's undeniable. But there are some weird fellas out there that can still get it done with t-rex arms.

Advertisement
If he’s 6’2 then I’m 6’2, and I’m 5’10 maybe 5’11 in shoes. I don’t care where the **** they are from. Outside of DB, WR and RB a lot of S Florida kids are overrated. No big school in the southeast recruited this kid for a reason. Not athletic enough for LB or big enough for DE.

Someone said it best. He looks like a freshman on varsity who’s scrappy and gives 100% effort but is drowning in his jersey in the 90’s.
Soooo no big schools recruited him and that includes the 3 SEC schools (Arkansas, USCe, Miss St.) that offered him, and FSU, huh? Not athletic enough? Find me a list of 225+ DE/LB recruits that can hit 11.5- 11.7 in the 100m. It will be a very short list. Just keep this receipt. Time will tell. But seriously, whether he succeeds or not in a Miami uniform, give the kid time before slamming him as “not P5 talent”. At least 5 schools… us included, disagrees with you.

Soooo no big schools recruited him and that includes the 3 SEC schools (Arkansas, USCe, Miss St.) that offered him, and FSU, huh? Not athletic enough? Find me a list of 225+ DE/LB recruits that can hit 11.5- 11.7 in the 100m. It will be a very short list. Just keep this receipt. Time will tell. But seriously, whether he succeeds or not in a Miami uniform, give the kid time before slamming him as “not P5 talent”. At least 5 schools… us included, disagrees with you.
Lol If you’re aspiring to be Arkansas, USCe and Miss St then what was the point of firing Manny Diaz? You sound perfectly happy with being 7-5.

Lol If you’re aspiring to be Arkansas, USCe and Miss St then what was the point of firing Manny Diaz? You sound perfectly happy with being 7-5.
Bruh…. I’m just saying that other big schools were recruiting him. Which is countering your argument that no big P5 schools were after him. If you had said, no perennial playoff contenders were knocking down his door, well then, you’d be correct. But saying this kid is not a P5 talent, is disingenuous and flat out wrong. Apparently there were at least 5 P5 schools recruiting him.

Advertisement
Bruh…. I’m just saying that other big schools were recruiting him. Which is countering your argument that no big P5 schools were after him. If you had said, no perennial playoff contenders were knocking down his door, well then, you’d be correct. But saying this kid is not a P5 talent, is disingenuous and flat out wrong. Apparently there were at least 5 P5 schools recruiting him.
He will be in the portal, possibly as soon as this summer. There will be plenty of cuts coming. Arkansas, Miss St and USCe wouldn’t win most G5 conferences.

Big boy football is Bama, OSU, OK, LSU, Texas, A&M, Clemson, UGA, MICH, Penn St. If those schools are not recruiting the prospect chances are they are not good.

He will be in the portal, possibly as soon as this summer. There will be plenty of cuts coming. Arkansas, Miss St and USCe wouldn’t win most G5 conferences.

Big boy football is Bama, OSU, OK, LSU, Texas, A&M, Clemson, UGA, MICH, Penn St. If those schools are not recruiting the prospect chances are they are not good.
You’re correct. But he was playing mostly edge until the end of his senior year where they had him at MLB I think.
Those top schools are not gonna take a flyer on some kid that might become a linebacker and are not gonna recruit an DE who’s 6 foot tall.

You’re correct. But he was playing mostly edge until the end of his senior year where they had him at MLB I think.
Those top schools are not gonna take a flyer on some kid that might become a linebacker and are not gonna recruit an DE who’s 6 foot tall.
You are 100% correct. They moved him for his future which I applaud cause he has no future with his hand in the dirt. He’s too small for end. He’s only playing end here cause we literally have no one else. Not sure why people can’t say we missed on a recruit especially being a Manny recruit.

You are 100% correct. They moved him for his future which I applaud cause he has no future with his hand in the dirt. He’s too small for end. He’s only playing end here cause we literally have no one else. Not sure why people can’t say we missed on a recruit especially being a Manny recruit.

His tape showed he was moving some dudes back at his size and that’s impressive considering the school and the district he played in.
The problem I see now is will he be good enough to sit anyone wee have at the linebacker position now or anyone else we recruit or get from the portal moving forward.

I feel that f he has the instincts and is coached well he can have an impact at that position.

Advertisement

Yeah, cause there are absolutely no other schools that produce talent. Nobody else recruit good talent. Those schools are the only ones that have dudes playing in the NFL. Errybody else sux ***. I quit. I’m done here. Brilliant porst, dude! Brilliant….
1648863905622.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, cause there are absolutely no other schools that produce talent. Nobody else recruit good talent. Those schools are the only ones that have dudes playing in the NFL. Errybody else sux ***. I quit. I’m done here. Brilliant porst, dude! Brilliant….
View attachment 180825
Hey pea brain I didn’t say that. Other schools do produce but at a much smaller rate. Why don’t you look up which schools have the most kids in the league. Basically every school I just named cause they recruit top end prospects, not 6’ 200 lb DE’s.

Probably can’t even name 3 kids in the league from Miss St, Arkansas or S Carolina off the top of your head. And the kids you can name (Chris Jones, Clowney, Stephen Gilmore) were 5 stars or close to it. But keep telling yourself all of our 3 stars will be stars.

Hey pea brain I didn’t say that. Other schools do produce but at a much smaller rate. Why don’t you look up which schools have the most kids in the league. Basically every school I just named cause they recruit top end prospects, not 6’ 200 lb DE’s.

Probably can’t even name 3 kids in the league from Miss St, Arkansas or S Carolina off the top of your head. And the kids you can name (Chris Jones, Clowney, Stephen Gilmore) were 5 stars or close to it. But keep telling yourself all of our 3 stars will be stars.
So now you come with an insult? Bruh, u just said name 3 players and then you say WITHOUT NAMING THEIR MOST POPULAR NAMES.. WTF?! I’m not a fan of those schools, i really don’t gaf about them, and nowhere in EITHER OF MY POSTS did I say the kid would be a fuccin star!!! I said, “You can’t tell right now, what a kid will become”! I CAN’T nor can you. I even said, “whether the kid ends up being a good player or NOT, at this school, he IS/was a P5 recruit BECAUSE at least 5 Gah**** P5 schools were willing to give him a gah**** scholarship!!! WTF is your problem? How can you not understand that if multiple P5 schools offer a scholarship to a kid, that means the kid is a P5 kid. It don’t mean he gonna become a star. We don’t know what the kid will become. Give it time and stop downing our own kids…. and a Freshman at that. If he’s good enough, he’ll find the field, if he’s not, he’ll find the portal. Calling me a pea brain, but you’re the one that can’t comprehend what the fucc you’re reading. FOH! I’m outta this because it’s apparent you can’t have a rational adult conversation without insults.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Animated GIF

Thomas Davis was 10 times more productive in high school than Jabari Ishmael. But Ishmael was rated higher because he’s two inches taller.

Advertisement
Back