Thomas Brown Role

AUcane

All-ACC
Premium
How does he fit into the gameplanning/playcalling/personnel decisions on offense? I've seen references to him being the main playcaller but not sure if Richt has verified that publicly. What exactly is Richt's role? Dugans'?

Advertisement
He and Richt Jr. fetch Coach Richt his coffee each morning.

Sometimes they bring him a jelly donut, too.

Advertisement
Probably the run game coordinator, hence RB coach. Passing game coordinator is Dugans, hence WR coach. All meaningless titles to get them more money in their pay check. Richt is the playcaller.

Not what I've read on here...

Advertisement
Probably the run game coordinator, hence RB coach. Passing game coordinator is Dugans, hence WR coach. All meaningless titles to get them more money in their pay check. Richt is the playcaller.

Aka Richt stealing money from the U to pay his little followers.

But he’s “an honorable man” according to the lemmings...

Is to get paid lots of money for 5 bum azzz plays. He should just memorize the shiit already and toss the call sheet.

Brown and Dugans are nothing more than positions coaches with an added title for extra 0s on the check.

CMR is calling the shots. If Brown and Dugans are even moderately contributing to this slop on the field then they too should be held accountable.

Advertisement
Brown and Dugans are nothing more than positions coaches with an added title for extra 0s on the check.

CMR is calling the shots. If Brown and Dugans are even moderately contributing to this slop on the field then they too should be held accountable.

I think I remember in an interview Brown said something about how they all work together on the install and have input. Ultimately the philosophy is Richt's.

I think I remember in an interview Brown said something about how they all work together on the install and have input. Ultimately the philosophy is Richt's.

Yeah, I imagine Brown and Dugans relay to CMR what each player does well/what they lack. For example, Wiggins is apparently the best blocking receiver in the group so he gets worked in often for that reason. But, for sure, the Xs and Os execution is devised by Richt (for what I can tell).

Advertisement

This guy gets it! All fairytale titles to milk the school of more money. I have no problem paying Brown and Mr. Donk Dugans a fat paycheck, they have earned it, but Richt needs to cut the crap with these titles. Brown can stay the "running game coordinator" but the title of co-offensive coordinator needs to be stripped and a true OC hired.

Yeah, I imagine Brown and Dugans relay to CMR what each player does well/what they lack. For example, Wiggins is apparently the best blocking receiver in the group so he gets worked in often for that reason. But, for sure, the Xs and Os execution is devised by Richt (for what I can tell).

I think your spot on. They provide the insight and Richt goes off that.

Outside of Dugans and Diaz. This is nothing more than a training program for green coaches.

Advertisement
Back