Thomas Brown on the Joe Rose Show; Revealing comments on Malik + QB competition

http://miami.cbslocal.com/audio/joe-rose-show/

On topic of lack of leadership on the team and who are the best leaders:

Joe Rose: "Coach you know what surprised me the most: that Malik's not that guy after the year he had last year, and obviously trying to hold off all these young guys"

Thomas Brown: "Well I think people expect the QB to be the leader of the offense, and most times he (Rosier) is. And not that he's been doing a BAD job, but to me that's not the level we need to be to be a championship level football team..."

Coach Brown continued and said that he wants his QB to lead during games, when the coaches can't spend time trying to motivate the team. Said it's clear that job is open, but that it's hard to tell how they'll be until it's live. This is telling information. Great interview by the way, recommend listening.

Advertisement
leaders are born, not made. Too late for Malik to change his stripes.

Coach Brown correctly put that I always seemed like Rosier has the heart but the talent level is not top tier caliber and not to be a film room junkie isn't deserving of bonus points. Let's go Perry or Weldon if be can stay focused.

Brown keeping it real. No one knows anything until these guys actually have to do things unscripted and make decisions on the fly. Who is going to make the correct read at the correct time and bounce back after a mistake and mis read. He wants a leader and that is what Miami deserves. Someone better step up and take this thing.

Advertisement
Coach Brown always keep it 100, he don’t do that sugar coating bullsh*t. It’s clear from our coaches comments that this is definitely a real qb battle

Advertisement
http://miami.cbslocal.com/audio/joe-rose-show/

On topic of lack of leadership on the team and who are the best leaders:

Joe Rose: "Coach you know what surprised me the most: that Malik's not that guy after the year he had last year, and obviously trying to hold off all these young guys"

Thomas Brown: "Well I think people expect the QB to be the leader of the offense, and most times he (Rosier) is. And not that he's been doing a BAD job, but to me that's not the level we need to be to be a championship level football team..."

Coach Brown continued and said that he wants his QB to lead during games, when the coaches can't spend time trying to motivate the team. Said it's clear that job is open, but that it's hard to tell how they'll be until it's live. This is telling information. Great interview by the way, recommend listening.

Dude, thanks for linking, man. Ear candy for my ride home.

First dude who steps up and takes charge of the huddle so it doesn't have to be Deejay or some OLineman is gonna win this job. Right now, none of them seem to want or be ready for that. It's more apparent by the day that Malik is never going to be that guy. N'Kosi better start listening to some Tony Robbins or some **** real soon and start getting up in the morning by looking himself in the mirror and telling himself he's the baddest ************ he knows and god**** it he's going to show everyone on this team that is a fact on a daily from here on out. If he doesn't seize the opportunity, tick tock, it goes by fast. Eat or be eaten, one of these guys needs to find and show off his inner dog. I'm ******* tired of Sponge Bob watching, big grinning, nice guy quarterbacks at this U.

Dude, thanks for linking, man. Ear candy for my ride home.

First dude who steps up and takes charge of the huddle so it doesn't have to be Deejay or some OLineman is gonna win this job. Right now, none of them seem to want or be ready for that. It's more apparent by the day that Malik is never going to be that guy. N'Kosi better start listening to some Tony Robbins or some **** real soon and start getting up in the morning by looking himself in the mirror and telling himself he's the baddest ************ he knows and god**** it he's going to show everyone on this team that is a fact on a daily from here on out. If he doesn't seize the opportunity, tick tock, it goes by fast. Eat or be eaten, one of these guys needs to find and show off his inner dog. I'm ******* tired of Sponge Bob watching, big grinning, nice guy quarterbacks at this U.
This man preachin

Brown also said Malik is the starting QB and it his job to lose. So the competition may be open but someone is going to have to rise up and take it from him. It isn't like last year where the position was unfilled until after the second scrimmage of fall camp.

Brown also said Malik is the starting QB and it his job to lose. So the competition may be open but someone is going to have to rise up and take it from him. It isn't like last year where the position was unfilled until after the second scrimmage of fall camp. The starting QB position has a placeholder in Rosier.
I think all this, "his job to lose," and "needing someone to step up and be a leader," is kinda "hint hint, nudge nudge" stuff and nobody's taking the **** hint.

Advertisement
I think all this, "his job to lose," and "needing someone to step up and be a leader," is kinda "hint hint, nudge nudge" stuff and nobody's taking the **** hint.

It's a hint like barbed wire, alarm signs, a barking dog and an "armed and ready" warning sign on the fence of a junkyard are a hint not to break in and steal car parts. These coaches are BEGGING someone to step up, show leadership and take charge.

Advertisement
Brown also said Malik is the starting QB and it his job to lose. So the competition may be open but someone is going to have to rise up and take it from him. It isn't like last year where the position was unfilled until after the second scrimmage of fall camp.

We havent even had our spring game yet... and half of the practices to date have been in Helmets and shorts

I dont expect Rosier to be starting when we land in Dallas... but its on Perry or Weldon to take that job/earn it more than going through the motions and looking even with Rosier

It's a hint like barbed wire, alarm signs, a barking dog and an "armed and ready" warning sign on the fence of a junkyard are a hint not to break in and steal car parts. These coaches are BEGGING someone to step up, show leadership and take charge.
Same story, different season, bro. Last year we wrote off Perry and Weldon because they were freshmans, Allison because he wasn't willing to compete, and Shirreffs because he never belonged at a D1 school to begin with. This year, the only man with a legit excuse is Williams, and come fall, if we're still hearing reports of Rosier at the QB#1 spot still throwing bubbles in the dirt, Williams is going to find this board running thin on patience with him. They'll have completely given up on Perry and Weldon by then, and rightly so if Rosier hasn't improved but Weldon and Perry are still battling each other for the clipboard.

I'd like to see somebody grab the bull by the horns. Don't care who.

Advertisement
Back