Thomas Brown blasts national perception of Miami

Advertisement
Only people with an agenda would say that Miami is a dangerous city. And if you believe that and it scares you out of coming here you're a ******* ******.

Only people with an agenda would say that Miami is a dangerous city. And if you believe that and it scares you out of coming here you're a ******* ******.

Most of the country thinks it is, sadly.

Tell that to our tourism numbers. The sad reality though is that most of the football talent is from the bible belt where people really ARE that stupid. They couldn't last a day here and they're scared to death of it.

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****** USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.

Advertisement

True story - had a group of friends meet me down at an Airbnb near Little Havana for the Nebraska game two years ago. The entire weekend they were freaking out thinking we were in the "ghetto". Last time I'll ever bring them to Miami, much less a Miami football game.

Last edited:
USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.

I can confirm this. I've been on USC's campus multiple times when I was in the Marine Corps. The area's sketchy as all ****.

Miami may not be the safest city, but the UM campus is located in Coral Gables of all places. Not comparable.

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

I can confirm this. I've been on USC's campus multiple times when I was in the Marine Corps. The area's sketchy as all ****.

Miami may not be the safest city, but the UM campus is located in Coral Gables of all places. Not comparable.

Thing is, when you're in the safe parts of Miami Dade, the bad parts are a world away as far as you're concerned. You'd have to drive a good hour/hour and a half to get into any sketchy neighborhood from campus.

Thing is, when you're in the safe parts of Miami Dade, the bad parts are a world away as far as you're concerned. You'd have to drive a good hour/hour and a half to get into any sketchy neighborhood from campus.

What are you driving that it takes you a hour and a half to get from campus to perrine, goulds, little Havana, over town, liberty city etc. some of those areas are 30 mins tops

Advertisement
McFarland's ppl must be in his ear about the crime in Miami.

The thing I've always said about Miami crime in comparison to other places I've been, is that for the most part, if you mind your business down here and aren't involved in anything illicit, you're gonna be A-Ok.

What are you driving that it takes you a hour and a half to get from campus to perrine, goulds, little Havana, over town, liberty city etc. some of those areas are 30 mins tops

Never heard of the frist two, little havana dangerous? Lol, Ok. Overtown and liberty city are an hour from campus.

Never heard of the frist two, little havana dangerous? Lol, Ok. Overtown and liberty city are an hour from campus.

No way you're from Miami and you've never heard of Perrine or Goulds, and for your info the crime rate in little Havana is pretty **** high compared to the national average.

The thing I've always said about Miami crime in comparison to other places I've been, is that for the most part, if you mind your business down here and aren't involved in anything illicit, you're gonna be A-Ok.

Mcfarland pops is a miami fan and from what i have read his mom wants him to come to miami too.

Advertisement
Parents sending their kids to The U should have no worries. Canes football players are well taken care of throughout the city of Miami, like local celebs. Trouble won't find them unless of course they're looking for it.

It's Hurricane season year-round

59f62314d42d543435286ae81abf2729.jpg

You were saying???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcfarland pops is a miami fan and from what i have read his mom wants him to come to miami too.

Yeah. I was trying to make a joke. This whole thing kinda came out of nowhere and seemed very much aimed at a recruit or recruits in general. Like he's hard it before.

But Brown is a straight shooter, so it he probably was just honestly answering the reporters question (as he usually seems to do).

Advertisement
59f62314d42d543435286ae81abf2729.jpg

You were saying???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****, you can basically walk there. How bout trying that again at 5 o'clock and you're gonna be in for a shocker.

Sure, Overtown is ghetto, but less than 10 minutes away from it are multi million dollar condos and there's zero spill over effect.

Let's get one thing clear, there are ghettos and dangerous neighborhoods in Miami DADE COUNTY, but if you're making decent enough money down here you're going to be in an area that's not going to be affected by it in the slightest.

The hood love Miami. Mark Richt love the hood....embrace it

/doesn't have much to do with this thread. Sorry for thread jackin

If I'm recruiting an out of state kid, I'm selling Coral Gables, not Miami, especially to the parents. Not much to knock about the Gables.

Advertisement
Back