This year's Rosier on last year's team

Jetcane

Recruit
Banned
Do we still lose 4 in a row?
Do we lose a game we won?
IMHO Brad better at dropping the ball in consistently under no pressure and MR far far far better under pressure.
My personal opinion is we would pick up 2 more wins.
What say you?

Advertisement
Make believe you can go back in time. What is CMR gave him a true shot over a 2 year starter as a first year coach. Made it even and started MR. Pour yourself a drink and have some fun.

Kaaya started games with Njoku, Coley and a healthy Richards with a 100% Walton
Rosier with Herndon, Berrios and Harley...

We didn't lose a single game last year due to kaaya. He was a top 15 or so QB in college but was in a new system yet again. We lost for many reasons none having to do with him. Now I think Rosier fits this year's team much better and is way more of a leader and has ice water in his veins so I prefer Rosier but lets not act like Kaaya was a bad QB. Last season we still had alot of Goldenization in us and it took 7-8 games to breed that out. You could tell it started in the 2nd half of the ND game where the season turned around. We ended up losing that game but came back from a huge deficit and were even up for a minute or 2. From that point on we were Richt's team not Golden's .

Advertisement
Kaaya started games with Njoku, Coley and a healthy Richards with a 100% Walton
Rosier with Herndon, Berrios and Harley...

Kayaa also played against Francois and Cook. Not a Somali Pirate and Akers. Did i mention that the OL actually blocked when it came down to the kicking game in the last 5 seconds. Going back in time is stupid.

All good points and BK deserves all the Cane Kudos in the world. In 3 very close games you're telling me his happy feet and lack of mobility did not cost us s few first downs? Perhaps a game? If CMR was in his second and not first season would BK be the starter or MR? My point is perhaps MK should been looked at closer. Which one would you want staring now? Yes I know - pure fantasy but fun to play the what if game.

We didn't lose a single game last year due to kaaya. He was a top 15 or so QB in college but was in a new system yet again. We lost for many reasons none having to do with him. Now I think Rosier fits this year's team much better and is way more of a leader and has ice water in his veins so I prefer Rosier but lets not act like Kaaya was a bad QB. Last season we still had alot of Goldenization in us and it took 7-8 games to breed that out. You could tell it started in the 2nd half of the ND game where the season turned around. We ended up losing that game but came back from a huge deficit and were even up for a minute or 2. From that point on we were Richt's team not Golden's .

Incorrect. Kaaya folded more times than not when we needed him most.

Nah, I gotta disagree with that big time.

Vs UNC he was 16-31 51.6%cmp & 1 Fumble. He played like absolute **** & was terribly inaccurate all game.

Vs Va Tech, threw several bad passes one of which was an INT that counted & the other was an INT that didn't count.

We were banged up on Defense that game, but we were getting stops well into the 3rd quarter & every single time the Defense got off the field they would be back on the field in 30sec because Kaaya & The O had a bad case of 3 & Out disease.

That 1st half vs Notre Dame was arguably the worst half of Football he played during his 3 years at Miami.

Not saying every single loss was his fault, but to say he played no part in it or we didn't lose a single game due to his play is just false.

I like Brad, think he' a good kid & respect all his accomplishments at Miami, but he deserved at least 50-60% of the blame for the 4 game slide last year.

Coach Richt has less weapons this year, far less depth & has this team playing with more heart than they've ever displayed before.

I believe without doubt we would've lost to FSU & GTech this year with Kaaya at the helm & wouldn't have much confidence we beat Va Tech later on either.

Not tryna **** on Kaaya, but our team is decidedly different with Rosier leading them.

Advertisement

Someone has repressed memories of the UNC game I see

Do we still lose 4 in a row?
Do we lose a game we won?
IMHO Brad better at dropping the ball in consistently under no pressure and MR far far far better under pressure.
My personal opinion is we would pick up 2 more wins.
What say you?

Move on. And don't post anymore.

Nah, I gotta disagree with that big time.

Vs UNC he was 16-31 51.6%cmp & 1 Fumble. He played like absolute **** & was terribly inaccurate all game.

Vs Va Tech, threw several bad passes one of which was an INT that counted & the other was an INT that didn't count.

We were banged up on Defense that game, but we were getting stops well into the 3rd quarter & every single time the Defense got off the field they would be back on the field in 30sec because Kaaya & The O had a bad case of 3 & Out disease.

That 1st half vs Notre Dame was arguably the worst half of Football he played during his 3 years at Miami.

Not saying every single loss was his fault, but to say he played no part in it or we didn't lose a single game due to his play is just false.

I like Brad, think he' a good kid & respect all his accomplishments at Miami, but he deserved at least 50-60% of the blame for the 4 game slide last year.

Coach Richt has less weapons this year, far less depth & has this team playing with more heart than they've ever displayed before.

I believe without doubt we would've lost to FSU & GTech this year with Kaaya at the helm & wouldn't have much confidence we beat Va Tech later on either.

Not tryna **** on Kaaya, but our team is decidedly different with Rosier leading them.

I heard people complain about the O-line and Richt's playcalling all year. I think it is more fair that the 3 share an equal amount of blame. We are also only 2 plays away from many fans having an entirely different view of Rosier.

Advertisement
I actually think this is an interesting question/post. It is what it is at this point, but it's an interesting question to ponder. And I'm a Kaaya fan too, but the mental exercise really goes to show there's more than one way to skin a cat. Frankly, it's too early to really tell. I'm hoping Rosier gets better with each rep and each start. It's also possible that opponents start to figure him out the more plays he puts on film. We just have to watch and find out. At this moment in time, I think we turn at least one L to a W.

Rosier will have a much higher winning percentage than Kaaya. Rosier finds ways to win games (arm, feet, determination, poise, moxy).

Kaaya had a great arm and could make a lot of high level throws. We were fortunate to have him at the U. His lack of mobility hurt him though.

Rosier has moxy, poise & an incredible determination to win (as do players like Berrios who refused to lose against FSU). That's the Miami of old -- they refused to lose no matter how big the deficit (Miami-Michigan in the late 80s was a classic example & one of the most amazing comebacks ever). CMR is bringing back the culture of winning (refusing to lose) which had been missing for over a decade. In summary, Rosier's a winner and will have a higher winning % than Kaaya. Rosier can keeps drives alive one way or another. His ability to run well is a huge factor for him. He may not throw the ball as well as Kaaya but he will win more. I'm a big Rosier fan at this point. If he could just start games the way he ends them...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back