This would be amazing..

Advertisement
How old is this thing now? Over 3 years? More?
Does anyone even know what land the school owns that could fit a 55k capacity stadium and parking lot. It likely wouldn't be on campus, unless near Mahoney-Pearson, but if it was they wouldn't need as much room for parking. I know they just sold a bunch of Land to Walmart. Was just wondering what other big pieces of land they own that are within 5 miles of campus...

Advertisement
this is like someone every 3 months reminds me of a hot ex girlfriend...i cry every time I see a post about a stadium

I don't know how feasible this will ever be but I can say one thing with absolute certainty. The players deserve this! The University deserves this! The former players and alumni deserve this! The fans, yes the fans deserve this! A proud and iconic program with a rich history and tradition of winning and excellence most definitely deserves this!

Last edited:
365.jpg

Advertisement
That design is awesome. Would be fantastic, but the administration has to want it as much as the fan base does.

Advertisement
While it would be nice, it still has parking and traffic problems being brought up, not to mention the contract we are still under. Plus it really should be at about 55,000 seats, just so that we fill out the stadium every week. It's a nice concept but it won't happen.

There is absolutely no way that the residents of Coral Gables will approve that stadium bringing 40,000 cars to their neighborhood several times per year. The folks in Little Havana didn't mind because they looked forward to renting their front lawn out for parking. A few bucks wont impress the millionaires living in the Gables. No way.

Advertisement
The corresponding infrastructure is non-existent. That ups the already high price-tag significantly. And Neil is also right. ^^^

This makes too much sense for the university, but like Neil said, the Coral Gables ****bags will never allow this. They will, however, send their kids to school there though.

Advertisement
Back