This will be an unpopular post...but who first noticed Joe Burrow's potential?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only a 2IQ moron would argue that Enos doesn't know the QB position as well as just about anyone.

He failed here because his QB room was full of flakes and the OL was full of holes.

Having said that, I'm glad he's moved on. Was never a good fit here.

Nah, it was me.

BTW, is this like the Internet version of Truth or Consequences?

Only a 2IQ moron would argue that Enos doesn't know the QB position as well as just about anyone.

He failed here because his QB room was full of flakes and the OL was full of holes.

Calling the wrong play at the wrong time might have played a bit of a role.

Calling the wrong play at the wrong time might have played a bit of a role.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending the guy. Plenty of mistakes were made. I hated that ******* Bible on the QBs wrist. I hated that the running game was an afterthought. I hated alot about our offense in 2019. I just don't hate the man. I think things could have gone better had there been some actual accountability among the players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

He was just too unwilling to implement a system that was a good fit for the talent (or lack thereof) that he had on the team. With a horrible OL and immature QBs, you still should never lose to 2019 GT, FIU or LT. Probably not Duke either.

He was just too unwilling to implement a system that was a good fit for the talent (or lack thereof) that he had on the team. With a horrible OL and immature QBs, you still should never lose to 2019 GT, FIU or LT. Probably not Duke either.

Unwilling or unable. The system seems to have worked for those players who put in the work.

Deejay averaged 6 ypc behind the worst OL I can remember.

Brevin and Osborne did well.

Harley and Wiggins had breakout campaigns.

Could they all have benefitted even more with a system such as the one Lashlee is bringing? Absolutely, but I don't expect the other guys who didn't want to play for Enos to suddenly become hard workers and live up to their star ratings just because they have a fresh start with a new coach. Some of these players are just not built for it.

You should not be afraid to admit that Enos had some good qualities and skills. Being OC was not really one of them. People did not really like Whipple either but he brought in and left the program with an NFL caliber qb (Stephen Morris). Maybe we get the same situation with Van Dyke.

Advertisement
Back