This weeks rankings...

Advertisement
LOL relax, we'll be #10 most likely in the AP and Coaches Polls

1. Bama
2. ND
3. OSU
4. Clemson
5. A&M
6. UF (although I wouldn't be surprised if they put the Turds at 5)
7. Cinci
8. BYU
9. Oregon
10. Miami (we should be at least 9 but watch them not drop Oregon for squeaking out a 3 pt win vs. UCLA with their backup QB).

Here's a question for the board: If Cinci and BYU do end undefeated and they go ahead and play one another (which came out earlier this week as a possibility, so that one of them has a marquee Top-10 victory on their schedule), does the winner have enough to break the top four?

I would lean yes, but not if that one-loss team is Bama. ND probably the same result, unless they get steamrolled by Clemson with Lawrence back.

Maybe it's my preference to have some new blood in the College Football Playoffs, but I think Cincinnati could hang around with an ND and keep it respectable, and most definitely with UF or A&M imo. BYU could be in the same boat, but I just think Cinci is more well-rounded than the Cougars.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's a question for the board: If Cinci and BYU do end undefeated and they go ahead and play one another (which came out earlier this week as a possibility, so that one of them has a marquee Top-10 victory on their schedule), does the winner have enough to break the top four?

I would lean yes, but not if that one-loss team is Bama. ND probably the same result, unless they get steamrolled by Clemson with Lawrence back.
I think so....but it depends on what happens above them. To be guaranteed a spot, they would need Notre Dame to beat Clemson again and Alabama to beat Florida in the SEC championship. It wouldn’t hurt if Texas A&M lost, too.

Maybe it's my preference to have some new blood in the College Football Playoffs, but I think Cincinnati could hang around with an ND and keep it respectable, and most definitely with UF or A&M imo. BYU could be in the same boat, but I just think Cinci is more well-rounded than the Cougars.
Possibly, but they'd be murdered in the Playoffs.

Advertisement
LOL relax, we'll be #10 most likely in the AP and Coaches Polls

1. Bama
2. ND
3. OSU
4. Clemson
5. A&M
6. UF (although I wouldn't be surprised if they put the Turds at 5)
7. Cinci
8. BYU
9. Oregon
10. Miami (we should be at least 9 but watch them not drop Oregon for squeaking out a 3 pt win vs. UCLA with their backup QB).

They gonna put Northwestern in top 10

Mario in 4th quarter back to back dog fights against some really bad teams.

We'll see what happens to them.

I believe under no circumstances this season Cincy and/or BYU are allowed to crack top 4 and it will probably generate more pressure to expand the playoff system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The AP won't be kind to us and we'll probably be 12 or 13, but come Tuesday The CFP committee will clean things up and we'll be top 10 (probably 8)

Absolutely the undefeated winner should get in, would they? Not ever. I’m always in the minority in this but to me the college playoff should always be one of the below:

Undefeated
Conference champions

People pining for 1 loss teams to experience redemption just want to see the SEC play itself every game apparently.

The playoff needs expanded to 8 with it consistently purely of conference champions and undefeated teams. I’m over seeing teams who have lost a game being ranked over teams who have never lost. College football is the only sport so corrupted that there is an accepted fact of “quality losses”. Losing is losing, there’s no redemption or glory in losing.

Absolutely the undefeated winner should get in, would they? Not ever. I’m always in the minority in this but to me the college playoff should always be one of the below:

Undefeated
Conference champions

People pining for 1 loss teams to experience redemption just want to see the SEC play itself every game apparently.

The playoff needs expanded to 8 with it consistently purely of conference champions and undefeated teams. I’m over seeing teams who have lost a game being ranked over teams who have never lost. College football is the only sport so corrupted that there is an accepted fact of “quality losses”. Losing is losing, there’s no redemption or glory in losing.
When I grew up close only counted in horseshoes. A loss is a loss. You accepted it and moved on.

Advertisement
Back