This was the Best Hire

Jcards89

Recruit
This was the best hire we could have made. First of all, lets talk about where we were a few months ago. We were a downtrodden program with no identity. When you try and think about the identity of the program it would be difficult to pinpoint what we did well. Did we have a unique offensive and/or defensive identity? Nope. Were we good at special teams and/or a technically sound team? Nope. We were sloppy, undisciplined and underachieving.

It felt like things were not going to change, then miraculously as painful as it was the Clemson game happened.Our luck shifted at that point, Larry Scott righted the ship and we finished 4-1 with a chance to win 9 games and head into next year with some positive momentum.

While, I would have been okay with Butch, it would have been lazy and irresponsible to hire him without due diligence. Richt falling into our lap was about timing and patience. Richt checks all of the boxes. Ties to the program (check), S.Florida recruiting ties (check), Southeastern recruiting ties (check), proven track record 145-51 (check), prostyle system (check), history of player development (check) and most importantly proven defenses. We could have ended up with somebody like Cristobal or Schiano, neither of which was deserving of this position and as far as I am concerned would have represented a nightmare scenario. Gotta give thanks to Blake James, the BOT and the committee formed. We will be back on top once again. Go Canes!

Advertisement
100% homerun.

Brad just became a Heisman contender for 2016 season with richt coaching him up

We have gotten the crown jewel of all coaches in what will be an enormous changing of the guard on CFB coaching this year.

Mark Richt was 145-51 in 15 years. That is a 74% winning percentage. Scoott Frost at UCF, DJ Durkin at Maryland, Fuentes at VT, Helton at USCw...pffft those guys can't come close to the pedigree and integrity of Coach Richt.

Not to mention any parent would LOVE LOVE LOVE for their child to be raised in college to be a man and an adult and play for a dignified man like Coach Richt.

FACE IT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE JUST WON THE LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine South Florida playmakers playing behind some of those SEC quality linemen and linebackers Richt should be able to pluck from throughout the southeast. Both sides of the ball. And the State of Miami is back. This guy is gonna lock down South Florida.

Mark is better than Mario or Schiano, yes. But he cannot touch Butch as the right hire. We just loss 10 or so 1st round picks on our team the next 3 years. Mark will get some, Butch would have gotten many more. Mark will win coastal - wow - and probably win ACC - nice, and occasionally beat noles. But the last best chance for a return to Hurricane glory is now gone. Having been in the OB for the gator flop and living the glory days, in between is not enough. I'll watch but no $$$. I understand the hire but Mark is not enough. At least we will not be outcoached by every coastal coach.

Advertisement
Hands down; not even a question. Butch was all speculation on how he'd do so far removed from the game. Richt is the proven commodity.

Butch had the better upside and it's not even close. Butch is elite at talent evaluation. Richt isn't elite at anything. He says the right things and does the right things, but he doesn't have one once of freak in him. These days you need some freak advantage to win games you shouldn't win. It could be X's and O's, philosophy whatever, with butch it would have been personnel.

I am fine with the hire, and it is a humongous upgrade over Used cars. We will win more games and do much better. That is all positive. But I disagree that it was the best hire.

Advertisement
Mark is better than Mario or Schiano, yes. But he cannot touch Butch as the right hire. We just loss 10 or so 1st round picks on our team the next 3 years. Mark will get some, Butch would have gotten many more. Mark will win coastal - wow - and probably win ACC - nice, and occasionally beat noles. But the last best chance for a return to Hurricane glory is now gone. Having been in the OB for the gator flop and living the glory days, in between is not enough. I'll watch but no $$$. I understand the hire but Mark is not enough. At least we will not be outcoached by every coastal coach.

I tend to disagree with the notion that Butch was our one and only saving grace. I will admit his eye for talent is remarkable but as a game day coach he was not an X's and O's genius. He only won more than 10 games 1 time in his career. Richt produced a respectable 11 first round picks while at Georgia and had 74 players drafted in his time at Georgia. We should be able to beat every team in the coastal and only have to worry about FSU AND Clemson/ND/Louisville to be in the discussion for the playoffs. Most importantly we will have access to lineman from Georgia.

Butch is a drunk and a loser. He would have brought the program down to the bottom. Butch couldn't win at pathetic NC! No Mark didn't get it done all the way at UGA. However, the administration gave him ZERO help competing with AL. Do you know UGA had 1/4 the recruiting staff that UGA did??? Truth. Do you know that Mark fought for an indoor practice facility for 10 years when everyone else in the conference had one and it was used as an example for recruits of how UGA wasn't serious? The reputation of Miami football just went up tremendously. Mark is one of the most respected coaches in college football because he does it the RIGHT WAY. Just wait until you see his press conference. I promise you will be impressed.

he instantly brings back Miami's national presence as far as recruiting is concerned in a number of states. This is definitely the best hire we could have made

I tend to disagree with the notion that Butch was our one and only saving grace. I will admit his eye for talent is remarkable but as a game day coach he was not an X's and O's genius. He only won more than 10 games 1 time in his career. Richt produced a respectable 11 first round picks while at Georgia and had 74 players drafted in his time at Georgia. We should be able to beat every team in the coastal and only have to worry about FSU AND Clemson/ND/Louisville to be in the discussion for the playoffs. Most importantly we will have access to lineman from Georgia.

JJ always said it is more about the Jims and the Joes than the Xs and Os. I agree Mark is better X and O guy. But 15 years and 11 first round picks? Throw in a couple more off current team the next couple years and you are talking 13 maybe 14. I think Butch's players made up 14 or 15 picks in one 3 year period. He had like 29 overall. FSU only has like 42 its ENTIRE existence and brags about it. For talent and recruiting not even Saban touches Butch. But Mark is our coach now. He should win coastal with ease. It would be real nice if he would and could get Butch as DC. Doubt that will happen.

Advertisement
This was the best hire. It was like Richt fell from the heavens into UM's lap. An excellent track record of success. When was the last time anyone with his won lost record was hired by the U? Never!

Butch is a drunk and a loser. He would have brought the program down to the bottom. Butch couldn't win at pathetic NC! No Mark didn't get it done all the way at UGA. However, the administration gave him ZERO help competing with AL. Do you know UGA had 1/4 the recruiting staff that UGA did??? Truth. Do you know that Mark fought for an indoor practice facility for 10 years when everyone else in the conference had one and it was used as an example for recruits of how UGA wasn't serious? The reputation of Miami football just went up tremendously. Mark is one of the most respected coaches in college football because he does it the RIGHT WAY. Just wait until you see his press conference. I promise you will be impressed.

GTFOOMF!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Do you honestly think you sound reasonable? He has 1/4 the recruiting staff that UGA has??? I have never heard Butch is a drunk. Loser? Oh please

Advertisement
Back