This was a huge win. Miami growing up.

Advertisement
I think Manny is an above average defensive coordinator. But I have serious reservations about him being the guy at the helm long term. I would love for him to take the Dabo road if possible. Hire the best coordinators around, focus on recruiting and being the face of the program.

I think Manny has all the qualities to be a really good ceo type of HC. But this would mean that he would have to let his buddy Blake go and possibly a few others. If he does this, hires a competent defensive coordinator who has free reign to run his own D, secures a top ten recruiting class then I’m back on the Manny train full force. Really didn’t want an on the job training HC , but Manny can be highly successful if he’s willing to follow the blueprint for success. I guess I’m impatient and highly skeptical.
And that’s all im saying brother, I’m not saying Manny is the next saban, but like you just said in a nutshell maybe just maybe manny can get the right coordinators and enough talent around him to save his *** and pull one or two off (Chips)

And that’s all im saying brother, I’m not saying Manny is the next saban, but like you just said in a nutshell maybe just maybe manny can get the right coordinators and enough talent around him to save his *** and pull one or two off (Chips)
Aye if coach O can fall backwards into a ship....

Put the pom poms down. If we didn’t have King this season, this team with the alleged “ killer mindset” has 3 losses easy. I’m happy with the win but all this season has proven is that the QB position is such an integral part of a team’s success. And we are having all this success in spite of subpar coaching imo.
So King got those 5 stops in a row vs VA Tech? Look I love King and he is a huge part of our sucess, but it is a TEAM sport and the TEAM is growing up. Look for the signs, you can do it.

I think Manny is an above average defensive coordinator. But I have serious reservations about him being the guy at the helm long term. I would love for him to take the Dabo road if possible. Hire the best coordinators around, focus on recruiting and being the face of the program.

I think Manny has all the qualities to be a really good ceo type of HC. But this would mean that he would have to let his buddy Blake go and possibly a few others. If he does this, hires a competent defensive coordinator who has free reign to run his own D, secures a top ten recruiting class then I’m back on the Manny train full force. Really didn’t want an on the job training HC , but Manny can be highly successful if he’s willing to follow the blueprint for success. I guess I’m impatient and highly skeptical.

Its his second season here. You’re 100% right you’re impatient and highly skeptical.

Advertisement
Again with the “if we didn’t have King” thing?

First, we know.

Second, what if Clemson didn’t have Lawrence (hint: they already lost) or DeShaun Watson, or if FSU didn’t have Winston, or New England and Brady? Never mind, you answered your own question in the next sentence. Nothing new here.

Third, to the extent the coaching statement is a dig at Diaz, he brought in the guy that is making us win all these games and the OC scheming it all up. So even if the coaching is subpar (I don’t disagree entirely, moves need to be made), the sum of all parts put together for this season has won every game except full-strength Clemson.

We’re far from what I want us to be, in fact, not even close. But that means we need to take some incremental steps to get there. We can argue about how quickly that could or should happen, but we were 6-7 last season, got shut out in the bowl game against LaTech, etc. You know the story. We were falling off a cliff less than 12 months ago.

I think your statement about “all this season proves” ignores us taking some of those steps needed to level up. No, we’re not skyrocketing to the next level, but the trajectory looks better than it’s been in some time.

There is more fight. We do step up in big moments. We’re getting the W when you, me, and most of the CFB watching world expects us to lay down. And that’s not limited to King.

You can leave it if you want, I’ll take it. All day.

These pom poms feel light as a feather on a Sunday after another W.
Those teams and QBs you mentioned looked like playoff caliber teams with their QBs, while we struggle to beat middling teams with our star QB. Huge difference, in my opinion.

Its his second season here. You’re 100% right you’re impatient and highly skeptical.
It’s certainly not his second season here. As a HC, sure. 5th year in the program though. But we saw the same lack of discipline,lack of preparedness on the defensive side of the ball for 3 years prior to him assuming HC responsibilities.

Manny wasn’t some defensive minded genius. He got out coached by most quality offensive coordinators he faced. Not sure why some of you are so touchy when we criticize Diaz. He had significant flaws as a DC and we see them now as a HC. I don’t think he has the intangibles to connect with his team at a level that is needed to compete at the highest level in college football. I think he coddles his players. I think he doesn’t hold them to account when they **** up. I think his sideline demeanor is reflective of his lack of confidence and uncertainty in his ability to coach.

But at the end of the day, the blame does lay at the feet of the administration. They had a chance to hire the very best coaches available after Richt retired by conducting a rigorous coaching search with the appropriate vetting but they decided to be lazy.

It’s certainly not his second season here. As a HC, sure. 5th year in the program though. But we saw the same lack of discipline,lack of preparedness on the defensive side of the ball for 3 years prior to him assuming HC responsibilities.

Manny wasn’t some defensive minded genius. He got out coached by most quality offensive coordinators he faced. Not sure why some of you are so touchy when we criticize Diaz. He had significant flaws as a DC and we see them now as a HC. I don’t think he has the intangibles to connect with his team at a level that is needed to compete at the highest level in college football. I think he coddles his players. I think he doesn’t hold them to account when they **** up. I think his sideline demeanor is reflective of his lack of confidence and uncertainty in his ability to coach.

But at the end of the day, the blame does lay at the feet of the administration. They had a chance to hire the very best coaches available after Richt retired by conducting a rigorous coaching search with the appropriate vetting but they decided to be lazy.

Wow.

This is the holy grail of scorching hot takes, cliches and CIS buzzwords.

I don't even know where to start unpacking them all.

We'l just agree to disagree.

Wow.

It was only missing “slurper”, “shalala”, “butch” and “don’t touch the helmet” from capturing all the CIS rhetoric...

If it was me, I would have started with “are you kidding me” just to play up a little Al Golden hate... also missed an angry Temple reference ...

Advertisement
Wow.

Sure we can agree to disagree but it’s really hard to have an intelligent exchange with someone who rails on posters for using cliches and buzzwords while offering nothing but snarky responses in the process.

It was only missing “slurper”, “shalala”, “butch” and “don’t touch the helmet” from capturing all the CIS rhetoric...

If it was me, I would have started with “are you kidding me” just to play up a little Al Golden hate... also missed an angry Temple reference ...

Except that I don’t think Butch is the answer, never once placed culpability on Donna, couldn’t care less about helmet changes. But keep dismissing serious and founded criticisms of Manny by putting us all in one neat little box. It works in politics. Why not try it here?

Sure we can agree to disagree but it’s really hard to have an intelligent exchange with someone who rails on posters for using cliches and buzzwords while offering nothing but snarky responses in the process.
Fair enough.

I will ask you one question only then.

Of all the “non-lazy” hires they could’ve made, who is doing it better right now?

Who is winning more?
Who has had more impact players through the portal?
Who has a better recruiting class?

What second, or even 3rd year coach is hitting on all three of those better than us?

Don't worry man, "the mob is fickle" they don't like facts, alot of new generational bandwagons fans, they're happy with the bare minimum. Coach diaz has the smarts to be successful here, the only thing I disagree with what you posted as s that "top 10 class" talk, those nerd recruiting sites don't mean ****, once real games are played the real Truth comes out. The most successful headcoaches understand what type of players fit the system or systems they are trying to run the best and go out and find them.

This is why coach davis could find and ed reed or sign off on coach shannon bringing in a santana moss after Coach Walt Frazier let him know about him. So far, coach diaz has shown he's got a decent eye for talent when it comes to d-linemen when he went out and brought in jock rousseau specifically, but is he on coach richt's level cause as a former OC, coach richt consistently kept a top notch receiver in his offenses at every team he's been at, when he got here, it didn't take him long, 1st year out the gate, Ahmon richards, year after that, jt4, after that enter brevin jordan and at anytime now will mallory.

When coach richt got here he immediately let it be known, and had guys bout to blow-out they hamstrings to prove em wrong when he put it out there that "we didn't have enuff speed at widereceiver", that got corrected real quick. O-line was in the works, was about his last major upgrade needed to get his offense back on track to where he needed it. Many people on here have disrespected several top notch coaches that either developed or knew how to develop players into the type of Miami football we know should be played. People were mad at coach richt his 1st two years here and by the third year they were already rolling out the guillotine as if he had a losing record while here. The things coach richt accomplished in his short 3 years here proved he was a top notch coach, but he's not with this new crybaby society and a pip-squeak a.d. he had to tell to ***** OFF! WTF does flake james know about running a high level program, WTF kind of suggestion he thought he could make to coach richt that was gone fly, the last person that should've even tried to suggest anything to coach richt was flakes james, here is a **** that presided over the worst defenses in UM history but was handing out no questions asked extensions, why was the penn disgrace moron allowed to be here damyum near 5 years with that **** show, but than gone try and show he got balls now with coach richt, when no ball victories were won here in over 10years, than gets the program to a more prominent bowl game the following year, got cheated out of that victory by the refs but still got the school getting paid 2 years in a row, pre-tickets sells thru the roof, but only real football people knew year 3 was going to be a ruff one. But anyway, as soon as coach diaz was hired and brought in dumb enos, the clown brigade(just because he came from Bama) had already started annointing coach diaz as better than coach richt, than when he started deep diving in the portal, ****'s started going crazy, using words in regards to coach diaz like "revolutionized" all because a desparate **** was searching the waiver wire

I said way back when dumb enos was brought in, he's know mark richt, and that he could only dream of being half the OC coach richt was, ****'s on her went crazy, but after that he gaytor, than Central Michigan, wasn't long before the clown brigade turned on em. I said of coach diaz earlier on, he's definitely a smart guy, let's see if he can put together a staff better or at least as strong as coach richt's.

As of today, he still hasn't, it's just year 2, but as long as coach diaz is a better d-co than blake baker, he never will have.

You see what you see man, your eyes are not lying to you, the main question I asked when coach diaz came in was "is he a leader of men". He has the mental smarts to be a good headcoach, when coach diaz makes the statement "we're learning how to win" he's actually talking bout his coaches, because most of the players on this team already knew how to do that before they got here. What championship has coach diaz ever won anywhere or any of these coaches on staff besides the one the clown brigade keeps lying on and want to see gone in coach rumph, the man that just keeps developing his guys and recruiting steady, the national champion himself, who knows what it takes to be a first round draft pick, and has reset the mindset of several players around the program about not leaving for just mediocrity.

People keep trying to lie and blame coach rumph but never stopped to think do db's really want to play in this sporadic defensive scheme that's to busy running zone-blitzes and soft man coverages. You here the d-line recruits consistently saying "they luv the defensive scheme" and rightfully so, but the way the linebackers and corners are used by blaker baker is not making this an attractive destination for corners and linebackers,, but safeties and d-linemen are flocking to it.

Let's see if they lashlee develops, he showed us nothing against Clemson, and the worst was just this last game, when te'cory couch got that pick it was 5mins 52secs left on the clock, we go 3 & out, get the ball back again, so how in TF did V-Tech get the ball back with still almost 2mins left on the clock, **** didn't have 3plays to get 10yrds after all that time. To busy being worried about trying to out pace people instead of out executing a lot calling smarter plays.

After that couch pick, coach lashlee tried to hand the ball right back to em on the first play, on that dumb call, that was coach diaz's chance to put his leadership skills on display and let rhett know, ***** you doing, these players have worked to hard, run the ball with your best running plays these next 2 plays, we need 10yrds or else we got a problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back