This was a huge win. Miami growing up.

1983cane

Recruit
Premium
I came home from work..8 minutes in the 4 the. We down
bit out..,....But.,

No.

In rewatching on ESPN late night..

Miami late 3rd..Into 4 th. We changed. VT play to not lose. We played to be determined to win. Not wishing to win, not hoping for a great pass. Determined.

That kind of Cane mentally has not been around for nearly 20 years.

No, We are not our world yet.

Maybe it is Diaz. Maybe King.

Maybe we are actually changing. Canes Won, because they knew. It's time to win.

Preserve is a great term.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Put the pom poms down. If we didn’t have King this season, this team with the alleged “ killer mindset” has 3 losses easy. I’m happy with the win but all this season has proven is that the QB position is such an integral part of a team’s success. And we are having all this success in spite of subpar coaching imo.

Advertisement
Put the pom poms down. If we didn’t have King this season, this team with the alleged “ killer mindset” has 3 losses easy. I’m happy with the win but all this season has proven is that the QB position is such an integral part of a team’s success. And we are having all this success in spite of subpar coaching imo.

Again with the “if we didn’t have King” thing?

First, we know.

Second, what if Clemson didn’t have Lawrence (hint: they already lost) or DeShaun Watson, or if FSU didn’t have Winston, or New England and Brady? Never mind, you answered your own question in the next sentence. Nothing new here.

Third, to the extent the coaching statement is a dig at Diaz, he brought in the guy that is making us win all these games and the OC scheming it all up. So even if the coaching is subpar (I don’t disagree entirely, moves need to be made), the sum of all parts put together for this season has won every game except full-strength Clemson.

We’re far from what I want us to be, in fact, not even close. But that means we need to take some incremental steps to get there. We can argue about how quickly that could or should happen, but we were 6-7 last season, got shut out in the bowl game against LaTech, etc. You know the story. We were falling off a cliff less than 12 months ago.

I think your statement about “all this season proves” ignores us taking some of those steps needed to level up. No, we’re not skyrocketing to the next level, but the trajectory looks better than it’s been in some time.

There is more fight. We do step up in big moments. We’re getting the W when you, me, and most of the CFB watching world expects us to lay down. And that’s not limited to King.

You can leave it if you want, I’ll take it. All day.

These pom poms feel light as a feather on a Sunday after another W.

Last edited:
But didn’t our coach get King in the first place

Advertisement
Fo me its more exciting for the defense to win the last possession. 2 weeks in a row they did it!
Yup.

This narrative about King being the only reason we are winning is not only silly but is also wrong.

The Defense has come up huge when we really needed them most.

And on Special Teams our Kicker and Punter keep on playing like All -Americans.

Football is about a whole team coming together in all three phases. Not only about the QB.

But didn’t our coach get King in the first place

So I guess we’re ok with just having one hit wonder seasons by plucking out a stud qb from the portal every now and then? Great long term strategy! Well, players like King won’t be available every year. We have tons of coaching flaws that QBs like King can conceal. Is that what we want?

Everybody thought Strong was an amazing head coach until Bridgewater left. If you can’t see that Manny is incapable of adequately preparing his teams to play football on a consistent basis, I don’t know what to tell you. The sluggish starts, poor adjustments, lack of accountability for players who ***** up, horrible defensive recruiting in positions of need(I’ll give him a pass on the offense since this is year 2 for him as HC) are there for all to clearly see if we bother to take off our fan goggles.

I hope I’m completely wrong and that I can look back a couple of years from now and chalk up these tireless rants to early onset dementia but I just don’t see it

Advertisement
So I guess we’re ok with just having one hit wonder seasons by plucking out a stud qb from the portal every now and then? Great long term strategy! Well, players like King won’t be available every year. We have tons of coaching flaws that QBs like King can conceal. Is that what we want?

Everybody thought Strong was an amazing head coach until Bridgewater left. If you can’t see that Manny is incapable of adequately preparing his teams to play football on a consistent basis, I don’t know what to tell you. The sluggish starts, poor adjustments, lack of accountability for players who ***** up, horrible defensive recruiting in positions of need(I’ll give him a pass on the offense since this is year 2 for him as HC) are there for all to clearly see if we bother to take off our fan goggles.

I hope I’m completely wrong and that I can look back a couple of years from now and chalk up these tireless rants to early onset dementia but I just don’t see it
I see the flaws in Manny, I see how the team comes out flat and I hate that. But I also see how Manny went out and got the players and coach (OC) he needed, I’m not saying Manny is the next great coach or anything, but he goes out and adapt and makes changes. So you basically think he’s not a good coach at all?

I see the flaws in Manny, I see how the team comes out flat and I hate that. But I also see how Manny went out and got the players and coach (OC) he needed, I’m not saying Manny is the next great coach or anything, but he goes out and adapt and makes changes. So you basically think he’s not a good coach at all?

I think Manny is an above average defensive coordinator. But I have serious reservations about him being the guy at the helm long term. I would love for him to take the Dabo road if possible. Hire the best coordinators around, focus on recruiting and being the face of the program.

I think Manny has all the qualities to be a really good ceo type of HC. But this would mean that he would have to let his buddy Blake go and possibly a few others. If he does this, hires a competent defensive coordinator who has free reign to run his own D, secures a top ten recruiting class then I’m back on the Manny train full force. Really didn’t want an on the job training HC , but Manny can be highly successful if he’s willing to follow the blueprint for success. I guess I’m impatient and highly skeptical.

If Clemson didn't have Lawrence... If Florida didn't have Trask...If BYU didn't have Zach Wilson...Yatta, Yatta, Yatta. **** what a fan base

Yes you are wrong, we haven't finished this season! And, you're talking about one hit wonder with 3 games to go+ bowl game.

Advertisement
Back