This just in: Leach doesn't coach here

Advertisement
I watched that game on Saturday, and to be honest, MSU's offense didn't do anything that remarkable, it looked to me that LSU's D, especially their back 7, looked really bad.

Advertisement
Look, congrats to Leach. Hard to jump all over the guy after a historic win over FSU. Let's revisit the topic after a downward slide for us.

“It’s a great job and I think it would be a great fit,” Leach said. “We’d have an exciting brand of football. We’ll fill the seats and we’ll win games and we’ll win ACC championships.

“There are lots of Hurricanes on NFL rosters. That gives you an idea of what you can draw there. If you base it on resources and production, the chances of my success along with my staff are remarkably high.”

“They could hire me and we’d have one decade after another of success with students that graduate and don’t get into trouble,” said Leach, “or they can hire somebody else.”

Advertisement
“It’s a great job and I think it would be a great fit,” Leach said. “We’d have an exciting brand of football. We’ll fill the seats and we’ll win games and we’ll win ACC championships.

“There are lots of Hurricanes on NFL rosters. That gives you an idea of what you can draw there. If you base it on resources and production, the chances of my success along with my staff are remarkably high.”

“They could hire me and we’d have one decade after another of success with students that graduate and don’t get into trouble,” said Leach, “or they can hire somebody else.”

It's bold to promise "one decade after another" when he has never stayed anywhere for over a decade.

600+ yards, on road in death valley, in sec.. nothing special..

boy oh boy.. Doesnt like leach thread, creates another one.. lol

Advertisement

Death Valley during the day at 20% capacity is hardly a packed house, night time Death Valley experience.

Great win for the Pirate—albeit against an LSU team that is a shell of the one that won a title last fall.

Leach is a great fit at Mississippi State and would still be at Washington State if he didn't clash so much with the top brass in the Pac-12. His days in Pullman were numbered when his AD buddy (who brought him to WSU) Bill Moos left for Nebraska in 2017.

Leach at Miami in 2007 would've been a disaster as his lack of defense (and the PR nightmare that the Canes job was for the next decade would've been problematic.)

College football finally caught up with Mike Leach; the Air Raid offense all the rage, making guys like Patrick Mahomes such coveted NFL commodities—where college teams are seeing more 50+ game shootouts and less defense.

Even with all the rage around Florida's defense, the Gators still gave up 600+ yards and 35 points to Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Maybe I just want to know why "Miami" fans are fellating a coach who doesn't coach here? We just blew the doors off our rival, are 3-0, and for some reason these fans give 2 shvts (like you do from your post) what Leach does.

This guy does one local radio interview **** near 10 years ago begging to be the HC at UM and UM fans have given him an honorary place in the UM coaching tree! Let it go!! If we played the guy and he hung 70 on us you would hate his guts. Leach doesnt think about us at all so stop bringing this guy up. I agree with the OP.

Advertisement
In the pro-style only days the Leach crowd was shunned. Don't be surprised if they start coming to collect now.

I agree people love that crazy guy more than they should around here.

That said, his team put up numbers we have never seen in the vaunted SEC so I can see why people are licking his boots this weekend.

It just gets a bit tired cause we know his team is probably going to give up 80 to Bama and Auburn.

His teams are always All O. No D.

I watched that game on Saturday, and to be honest, MSU's offense didn't do anything that remarkable, it looked to me that LSU's D, especially their back 7, looked really bad.
Thank you.. When they face a more sure handed defense they will not put up those numbers.. That QB is not all that and times LSU made him look like trash.. LSU'$ defense was horrible..

Advertisement
Back