this is why i am rooting for DUKE

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
A friend of my coaches a top hs program. he has two of the highest rated players in country. we were talking and he told me miami is recruiting my guys. I said "are they considering miami?" he replied, "Not while an Al Golden is there. If they hired back Butch Davis or a real coach. they would have a shot." he then added "Go get an asst from lsu or bama or something. I can coach that team to more wins. Golden is horrible. Schemes suck, he never adjusts and he coaches like he has lb's and db's than run 4.9 40's. I dont understand how him or shannon couldn't win there."

this is why i am rooting for duke. the longer golden is here, the more recruits we lose.

Advertisement
A friend of my coaches a top hs program. he has two of the highest rated players in country. we were talking and he told me miami is recruiting my guys. I said "are they considering miami?" he replied, "Not while an Al Golden is there. If they hired back Butch Davis or a real coach. they would have a shot." he then added "Go get an asst from lsu or bama or something. I can coach that team to more wins. Golden is horrible. Schemes suck, he never adjusts and he coaches like he has lb's and db's than run 4.9 40's. I dont understand how him or shannon couldn't win there."

this is why i am rooting for duke. the longer golden is here, the more recruits we lose.
When Golden gets fired he will have a hard time getting another decent head coaching job.Most schools don't have fools running their teams like Shalala and our ADs,they know if you can't win at miami you can't win at most schools.he will be lucky to get a school to hire him to coach their LBs like Randy.Nobody will want him as their DC after watching our D the past 4 years.

I already feel the wheels moving he will get fired eventually my whole thing is don't hire another moron with your fourth ***** try when the God of all sits on a throne. His name Butch fkin davis

Advertisement
Yep, Golden will be lucky to coach at a high level university after this stint. Look at his boy Al Groh, where is he coaching? Oh yeah he was fired by Paul Johnson after fielding the same ****** defense we are after a couple of years. ****, it didn't take Johnson to long to figure out the scheme is garbage in college ball.

Cool story, bro. You could've gotten that from any of 50 million posts on this board over the last 2 years.

Advertisement
Stat line: 15th time Golden's Defense has allowed 200yrds on the ground in 4 yrs and allowed 300yrds for the fourth time in 4yrs. Compare that to crappy Randy Shannon's team which allowed 200 yrds rushing 4x in his four year tenure and u see we have a huge problem w/ coaching. If Golden is not fired after this yr like Randy was, I will have a huge problem w the program!! Golden have said in so many words Imma live and die w the way I want to do things regardless of how inept it "appears" to be. What a slap to the face of our student athletes, our illustrious alum, and our fan base. At least Shannon tried to make changes to his staff at key areas when he saw it failed. Maybe Al has a vendetta against us for smacking PSU around when he played, I dunno; what I do know is that he has to go if things don't change immediately, like next week. Duke could be his nail in his coffin.

Allow me to say anyone who wants this team to lose a game can go **** themselves.

Thanks
and have a nice day.

Advertisement

I know that coach too and he never said any such thing

If I saw any willingness to change I would not be rooting for Duke. It is clear that Golden will never change his approach.

Go Blue Devils

Advertisement
I'm going more toward the "lose every game" thing. It's so against the natural order though, it's hard for me to want it. However... it may be what is best. What is necessary. If he loses out or at least loses enough, no contract is going to save his sorry ***.

We've seen time and time again where kids leave this program and go on to thrive, meanwhile here they couldn't sniff the field or looked like trash. How is that?

We've seen time and time again where Folden and his idiot squad won't change or adapt. They came out of the half and did what? Nothing different. Like every other game. He blames everyone but himself.

He must go. There is no other answer.

No fan openly roots for his team to lose...sorry man, go find another team!

If I saw any willingness to change I would not be rooting for Duke. It is clear that Golden will never change his approach.

Go Blue Devils

If the staff is as bad as we all think it is, they're going to get themselves fired whether this moron fanbase roots for them to win or lose.

If the staff is as bad as we all think it is, they're going to get themselves fired whether this moron fanbase roots for them to win or lose.

This. No need to root for OUR Canes to lose. Our coaches cannot do the job. It will take care of itself. The best thing we can do as fans is go to games, support the team, and speak our mind as to how bad a job the coaching staff is doing.

Advertisement
Back