This is where Miami is at currently on 11/24

AzzaraSteven

Recruit
Miami may have played themselves out of the playoff even with a win vs Clemson next Saturday. Here's how.

Let's say Miami beats Clemson and wins the ACC title finishing at 11-1.

IF:

1. Wisconsin and OU win their conference titles, Auburn beats Alabama tomorrow, and then Auburn beats UGA next week:

Playoff Committee might select (in no order): Alabama, Auburn, OU, and Wisconsin (May leave 1 loss ACC Champ Miami out)

2. Wisconsin and OU win their conference titles, Alabama beats Auburn tomorrow, and then UGA BEATS Alabama in the SEC title game next week:

Playoff Committee might select (in no order): Alabama, UGA, Wisconsin, and OU (May leave 1-loss ACC Champ Miami out).

I hope not, but it's a possibility. This loss to Pitt might be crippling for us concerning the playoff.

But, if: OU OR Wisconsin lose in their conference championships AND/OR if Alabama wins the SEC, Miami will be in the playoff.

Likely scenario:

1. Alabama (SEC champ),
2. OU (BIG 12 Champ),
3. Wisconsin BIG 10 Champ), and
4. Miami (ACC Champ).

I don't see Alabama losing to Auburn or UGA. Therefore, I don't see the committee leaving the 1-loss ACC champion out of the playoff.

But, make no mistake about it: This loss to Pitt could be crippling to Miami. So, we need for Alabama to run this table because I don't see a 3 loss Auburn team or a 2 loss UGA team jumping a 1-loss Miami (who beat #2 Clemson in the ACC title game).

Advertisement
This may all be true- I didn't bother reading it- but fck you for posting this sht 12 seconds after that loss. Most of us aren't 100% sure wtf we just saw, so how about waiting a bit before rolling out the doom and gloom scenarios of what other teams will do. Right now I'm only concerned with what just happened, and maybe we're going to do next week.

Just find a way to beat Clemson. Can't have a performance like today this late in the season.

We'll need help. Best thing is for Bama to win out and Wisconsin lose. We'd have a shot at staying ahead of OSU, but not a two loss Auburn or one loss Georgia.

Click on other threads then, bud. There are plenty of posts about today's game for people who didn't watch the game.
This may all be true- I didn't bother reading it- but fck you for posting this sht 12 seconds after that loss. Most of us aren't 100% sure wtf we just saw, so how about waiting a bit before rolling out the doom and gloom scenarios of what other teams will do. Right now I'm only concerned with what just happened, and maybe we're going to do next week.

Advertisement
Academic - this team is going blasted by Clemson. Clemson D Line will dominate this game. You think Rosier looked bad against Pitt, wait until next week. He will be running for his life all game.

Bama wins tomorrow it is GUARANTEED that we are in the playoffs if we beat Clemson. Even if Auburn wins, we are higher than all 1 loss teams if we are conference Champs, FACT. Stop crying

Advertisement
Academic - this team is going blasted by Clemson. Clemson D Line will dominate this game. You think Rosier looked bad against Pitt, wait until next week. He will be running for his life all game.

Everyone said the same thing about VT and then definitely against ND. "Oh man ND is gonna have a field day running on Miami. And Miami can't score to save it's life."

We will see next Saturday, relax or go buy yourself a dog

If Auburn wins the SEC, the committee is not going to leave out the SEC champs. And, the committee won't leave out a 1-loss Alabama. Miami needs Alabama to run the table AND/OR OU or Wisconsin to lose in their conference title games.

Bama wins tomorrow it is GUARANTEED that we are in the playoffs if we beat Clemson. Even if Auburn wins, we are higher than all 1 loss teams if we are conference Champs, FACT. Stop crying

Advertisement
93% not 100%

100% this is not decided by a computer, but by people. A 2 loss Ohio State Big 10 champion will not make it over Miami. A 1 loss Alabama with no conference championship will make it over Miami.

Only 3 teams can be ranked above Miami.

- Alabama only if they win out
- Oklahoma only if they win out
- Wisconsin only if they win out
- Georgia only if they win out
- Auburn only if they win out

Only 3 of those can happen

Advertisement
Miami will drop to 6th
If* Bama beats auburn
Bama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Uga
Miami
All is not lost if we beat clemson but that’s a big if
And then the 2 loss teams

Yep just like VT & ND blasted this team, right?! Calm da fûck down

Advertisement
Back