This is what we're up against......

Advertisement
[video=youtube;9ujKxpAvLKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ujKxpAvLKg[/video]

Ours is better.

I was at the FSU post-rap game. Miami absolutely destroyed them. I think Bowden even saw it coming.

haha.. was that also the game everybody was yelling "Take Sammy back!"??

Advertisement
We actually played them the first game of the year that year. We were the defending champs, but because we lost so much talent to the draft and graduation, they actually ranked FSU No. 1 to start the year. Jimmy Johnson, ever the master of psychology, simply walked into the meeting room at the beginning of game week and said something akin to "there's one team that isn't giving us the proper amount of respect" as he put the tape in and walked out. That was all it took. FSU didn't stand a chance that day. If not for the Gary "fumble" at Notre Dame, it would have been three straight championships and four straight championship games.

Advertisement
Wasn't it 31-0 at halftime?

Final was 31-0, so I don't think that was the halftime score, but it was over at the half. I think we picked them off 5 times.

Yeah, rewatched most of the game. Amazing how much of that I had forgotten.

I didn't remember FSU playing anywhere near that well. We won almost all the games against them back then, it is easy to forget that they were a very good team. It must have sucked to be a noles fan. I think we even ruin an earlier season of theirs, before we won our 1st title, when Jim Burt knocked down another 2 point conversion -- they loss by one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back