This is what is happening to our program...

Duvalco.Cane

Sophomore
gen·tri·fi·ca·tion
(jĕn′trə-fĭ-kā′shən)
n.
The restoration and upgrading of deteriorated urban property by middle-class or affluent people, often resulting in displacement of lower-income people.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

gentrification
(ˌdʒɛntrɪfɪˈkeɪʃən)
n
1. (Sociology) Brit a process by which middle-class people take up residence in a traditionally working-class area of a city, changing the character of the area

[C20: from gentrify (to become gentry)]
ˈgentriˌfier n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

gen•tri•fi•ca•tion
(ˌdʒɛn trə fɪˈkeɪ ʃən)

n.
the upgrading of run-down urban neighborhoods by affluent people who buy and renovate the properties, thereby displacing the resident poor.

Advertisement
so put down the flaming torches and the rusty pitchforks, folks....we're done here. And the funny thing is....we're playing right into their hands by not showing up to the games. That's EXACTLY what they want us "thugs" and "wiggers" to do. So what if we lose out on top-notched talent? Just bring in "good" kids that are willing to "work hard" and we will be just fine. The alumni and current students will still attend the games....a "nice" crowd, if you will.

I feel like puking...

so put down the flaming torches and the rusty pitchforks, folks....we're done here. And the funny thing is....we're playing right into their hands by not showing up to the games. That's EXACTLY what they want us "thugs" and "wiggers" to do. So what if we lose out on top-notched talent? Just bring in "good" kids that are willing to "work hard" and we will be just fine. The alumni and current students will still attend the games....a "nice" crowd, if you will.

I feel like puking...

Sorry, but there aren't enough "gentry" to fill the stadium, profitably. Else, they would have been performing their role. But yes, I do believe the administration, to a degree, has wanted gentrification.

Advertisement
Baloney! Way to insult a whole class of people. Wonder where you got this notion to conflate disparate issues without offering a smidgeon of support?

The soft bigotry of low expectations.

It would have made more sense to just join the chorus.
#Golden is an incompetent football coach

baloney.jpg

Advertisement
My "gentry" *** won't be in the stadium this year, so you know what is playing into my pocket this year. MO $$$$$$, MO $$$$$$$, MO $$$$$$$.

#Repuked year after year.

I feel like puking...

Sorry, but there aren't enough "gentry" to fill the stadium, profitably. Else, they would have been performing their role. But yes, I do believe the administration, to a degree, has wanted gentrification.

I agree, there aren't enough of the "elite" to fill the stadium, but there are plenty of "sensible" fans to fill the void (rolls eyes). You know...those douche baggish UM alum who love to spout that "I'll bet half of you people didn't even attend UM" **** (wannabe elitist), the "Don Bailey" (everything is awesome) crowd, and the plain ol' "I've been attending games since ___, and I'm not going to stop attending just because we're not in the championship game!" crowd. That's what they're betting on.

Remember, fans that demand a winning product are "unreasonable". Just decipher the code behind the language. They're telling you EXACTLY what their plan is. I have long suspected this to be the real agenda of Shalala and co., the retention of Al Golden merely confirmed it. It's over.

...and speaking to the actual definition in the OP, these kids are being "displaced"....right onto various SEC/FSU rosters. It's laughable.....at least that's what I keep telling myself as some sort of defense mechanism to keep from crying.....

Advertisement
Back