This is the time to destroy FSU...Manny needs to be savage

citizenkane

Redshirt Freshman
He beat them on the field now he has to wipe the floor with them on the recruiting trail.
You have to step on your opponent when they are down.
Jimbo did it to us in 2010 and they ran away with 7 straight victories...we can now repay the favor

FSU had to pay a lot to Free Willie from that contract which could limit their coaching options.

I've looked at FSU depth chart and regardless of who the next corch is they are in serious trouble.
Their roster is devoid of competition at the QB spot with no good options for next year and that is assuming Blackman stays and is healthy. The job is almost his by default which is bad news.

CAm akers likely leaves and he is their best player.
Tamorien Terry is a R-SO so he has been there three years and could leave also along with Keith Gavin who is a senior
McKitty is a junior who could also leave...this depends on the new coach hire I guess.
The entire O Line is an abortion.

Regardless of who they hire it will take a new coach (assuming its the right coach and not a corch) 3-4 years to pick up the mess at best.
If Manny can pick apart the key pieces of their 2020 recruiting class it will delay them even further.
for all the supposedly good recruitng FSU had in the 2010s, they only had one real good QB (Winston). Everything else has been a failure (Francois, Hornibrook, Blackman?) . They missed badly on Sam Howell who is turning out to be real good.

Jimbo left a dumpster fire and Willie has been chopping wood to keep it going. They need a coach with a fire extinguisher just to get back to respectable.

Advertisement
He beat them on the field now he has to wipe the floor with them on the recruiting trail.
Jimbo did it to us in 2010 and they ran away with 7 straight victories...we can now repay the favor

FSU had to pay a lot to Free Willie from that contract which could limit their coaching options.

I've looked at FSU depth chart and regardless of who the next corch is they are in serious trouble.
Their roster is devoid of competition at the QB spot with no good options for next year and that is assuming Blackman stays and is healthy. The job is almost his by default which is bad news.

Tamorien Terry is a R-SO so he has been there three years and could leave also along with Keith Gavin who is a senior
McKitty is a junior who could also leave...this depends on the new coach hire I guess.

Regardless of who they hire it will take a new coach (assuming its the right coach and not a corch) 3-4 years to pick up the mess at best.
If Manny can pick apart the key pieces of their 2020 recruiting class it will delay them even further.
for all the supposedly good recruitng FSU had in the 2010s, they only had one real good QB (Winston). Everything else has been a failure (Francois, Hornibrook, Blackman?) . They missed badly on Sam Howell who is turning out to be real good.

Jimbo left a dumpster fire and Willie has been chopping wood to keep it going. They need a coach with a fire extinguisher just to get back to respectable.

If i'm reading between the lines carefully, I think you're saying that they are categorically f*cked, no?

the real question is who would even want to go there with lame ducks across the board in administration.

The off season hype has been over for 4 months now. Can we stop attributing the word "savage" to Manny Diaz yet?

The off season hype has been over for 4 months now. Can we stop attributing the word "savage" to Manny Diaz yet?
There are several ways you can savage your opponent. Manny has them on the ropes. so far 2 players have decommited
Manny has to negatively recruit the **** out of there 2020 and 2021 recruits that we would want...only top tier players. FSU will likely end up with a 2020 recruiting lcass in the 30s or lower. The fallout from this will be felt in 2022 and 2023.

Advertisement
the real question is who would even want to go there with lame ducks across the board in administration.
My point is it DOESN'T MATTER who goes there. You can't win without players. Butch in the 90s has hamstrung with those senctions and couldn't field scout teams to simulate competition. IF we destroy FSU recruiting class now they are screwed for 4 years...maybe more!

There are several ways you can savage your opponent. Manny has them on the ropes. so far 2 players have decommited
Manny has to negatively recruit the **** out of there 2020 and 2021 recruits that we would want...only top tier players. FSU will likely end up with a 2020 recruiting lcass in the 30s or lower. The fallout from this will be felt in 2022 and 2023.
2017 season was a disaster and Jimbo left them in bad shape. He was doing almost zero recruiting at the time. Their class was in the 60's when Willie got there and in less than 2 months he had them finished at 11th.

I don't doubt this 2020 class will be in bad shape, but a decent hire will still get good classes and as we saw with "savage" Manny. The portal can off set some of the initial class woes.

Advertisement
This depends on who they bring in as WT's replacement. If it's a homerun hire you can prob forget about poaching their recruits.

If they hire a big name coach all the talk of killing them on the recruiting trail will be mute. Big name coaches get big name recruits.

Advertisement
Back