This is the first thing in the past decade

Advertisement
If you didnt feel good about him your lying to yourself. How do you not feel good about a first year coach coming in and coaching the best team of all time. Obviously it was Butchs team but it felt like he did a pretty good job after 2001

I'm lying to myself? OK bud.

You feel indifferent about a first year coach coming in and coaching the best team of all time. He didn't recruit them and played a small part in getting them to that point.

Also... AFTER 2001 is not the same as when he was hired. How did you feel about him in 2004?

Advertisement
You felt good about Coker?

I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.
There was no one hating on Coker in 2001 relatively, or most of 2002 either, be real.

He blew it but it wasn’t something people were instantly freaking out on

There was no one hating on Coker in 2001 relatively, or most of 2002 either, be real.

There's a huge difference between hating on him and feeling great about the hire.

But I'm sure the people who felt great about hiring Coker are also the same that thought Al Golden as the "home run hire" he was described to be too.

There's a huge difference between hating on him and feeling great about the hire.

But I'm sure the people who felt great about hiring Coker are also the same that thought Al Golden as the "home run hire" he was described to be too.

The same guys were saying. "UGA is a second rate program. Only 1 ring and they needed a generational RB to win one!!!! UGA was nothing before Richt and will be nothing after him. If Richt can turn them into an OK team he will be winning ring after ring at a school like Miami!!!!"

The same guys were saying. "UGA is a second rate program. Only 1 ring and they needed a generational RB to win one!!!! UGA was nothing before Richt and will be nothing after him. If Richt can turn them into an OK team he will be winning ring after ring at a school like Miami!!!!"

UGA is a second rate program. If you're the biggest school in your state in the Southeast and only have one ring in 40 years, that's BAAAAAD.

I'd argue Florida is a second rate program as well, and they've got three more rings than Georgia in the last 25 years.

Advertisement
UGA is a second rate program. If you're the biggest school in your state in the Southeast and only have one ring in 40 years, that's BAAAAAD.

I'd argue Florida is a second rate program as well, and they've got three more rings than Georgia in the last 25 years.

For sure. I was posting those points as the lead up to why they thought Richt was going to kill it at Miami.

I'm lying to myself? OK bud.

You feel indifferent about a first year coach coming in and coaching the best team of all time. He didn't recruit them and played a small part in getting them to that point.

Also... AFTER 2001 is not the same as when he was hired. How did you feel about him in 2004?
He said about a FIRST YEAR head coach

And keep in mind we had no concept of how crazy the NFL talent on that team was. Everyone was happy with 2001 coaching during the first year 100%

He said about a FIRST YEAR head coach

And keep in mind we had no concept of how crazy the NFL talent on that team was. Everyone was happy with 2001 coaching during the first year 100%

That's great. A FIRST YEAR head coach usually doesn't COACH until the second half of his FIRST YEAR.

Right now Diaz is a FIRST YEAR head coach that has not COACHED a game.

You could not be more wrong about everyone being happy with 2001 coaching during the first year. Were you even alive then? I was a student at Miami. People sure as **** weren't happy with the coaching for the BC game, as just one example. But hey, you are completely reasonable to speak for the entire 'Canes fanbase because you know exactly what everyone thought.

Advertisement
deserving of being on The U part 3 (besides Notre Dame game).

Never felt so good about a canes coach since Coker(didn't work out)

I am happy but how about we let him coach is first practice as a head coach much less his first game -- lets be excited but tap the breaks a little

Richt wouldn't change or adapt that's bad to be a coach who's not willing to do that.or one like golden who was too loyal to assistants who weren't getting it done.richt had both problems.

Sad part is Richt saw from a far what happens when you rely on family
  • Before Bowden hired his son as OC they were losing 1 to 2 games a year --- maybe
  • Hires Son Jeff - they start L's 3, 4, 5 and 6 games

Advertisement

A lot of people were upset he was hired. Coker would have been a fine interim coach for a bowl, had Butch left before the Sugar Bowl, but he was not the answer long term. Anyone with a pulse could have won a title in 2001. Anyone with real HC qualities wins it in 2002, going away. Any coach worth a **** doesn’t have the drop off we saw under Coker.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but there were several people mad as **** that Coker was given the keys to the fastest sports car ever, with no experience driving. Then there were others happy he was hired, and not Barry Alvarez.

Little monopoly man is angry🤣

Advertisement
Back