This is really starting to look like 1980s Miami

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
We’re really cleaning up in Dade and Broward. Basically dominating recruiting in the Dade, Broward area and getting top talent from cities. I can’t remember a time when we got players from the top programs like St Thomas, Central etc. Back then we didn’t get everyone as schools like Oklahoma- Buster Rhymes and ND- Derek Brown the JJs of their times, poached a few. But the vast majority stayed home.

We’re supplementing it with players from cities like Chicago- Justin Scott/Russell Maryland.

And the quarterbacks came from all over America.

You add in the Northeast and California.

This is a real outlier in recruiting/roster construction these days. Few schools seem to have a hold on local players these days. Look at USC and Mater Dei. They used to be a pipeline. This year they’re stacked and not one goes to SC.

The one place we haven’t had success though is Texas. For some reason we’re resonating more in the Deep South.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We’re really cleaning up in Dade and Broward. Basically dominating recruiting in the Dade, Broward area and getting top talent from cities. I can’t remember a time when we got players from the top programs like St Thomas, Central etc. Back then we didn’t get everyone as schools like Oklahoma- Buster Rhymes and ND- Derek Brown the JJs of their times, poached a few. But the vast majority stayed home.

We’re supplementing it with players from cities like Chicago- Justin Scott/Russell Maryland.

Each era should be celebrated for what they were and accomplished.

Long time ago I witnessed a very good quote/comeback from an NCO that I grew to respect the **** out of and we are still close to this day.

He was a rising younger leader that had been given the opportunity to replace a member who was very good, basically a legend. Commander came over and said, "congrats, welcome, blah blah blah, you've got big shoes to fill.."

Without missing a beat, he responded, "thank you, I learned alot from so and so, I'll do my best, and I brought my own **** shoes..."

My point is our San Mario FYZICAL Canes Bro! need to look and be San Mario FYZICAL Canes Bro! while being inspired by the accomplishments of the great 80s, 90s, and 00s Canes teams of the past.

I'm encouraged by where our Canes are headed and I believe we are seeing the start of a new era.

**** FSU
**** ACC refs

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Those 1980's teams were DEFINITELY thinking "This is really starting to look like 1940's Miami"
Lool right

And also i think people took HS “State of Miami” slogan/strategy too serious lol

Yes u want the beat kids in the tri-county because its your home base but the focus should never be to just lock down that. We haven’t won any nattys by just locking down the locals, we are at our best when we recruit the best players across the country. All of our legendary teams have players from everywhere not just dade and broward

we cant recruit the QB position it wont matter

Oh contraire, monfraire

Advertisement
And the 1940s teams were thinking that they were starting to resemble 2050s Miami, because of time travel.
Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

Give me back the 80's...tried and true methods of recruiting don't stop working just due to lapse of time. And we all know what "The New Miami" got us.

Advertisement
we cant recruit the QB position it wont matter
You don’t need every cycles Arc manning “can’t miss future top 3 pick”..just look at Texas. They’ve had “that guy” for 2 years..but the online development and while being in weapons & development of guys they had are the difference..you look at UGA & Bama as more of the blueprint..even OSU has switched back to that brand of with all of their Blue chip QBS..all that said if you have “that guy” it makes getting the other pieces a lot more seamless..why it important we get ward or Howard..but ESPECIALLY Ward

Advertisement
Each era should be celebrated for what they were and accomplished.

Long time ago I witnessed a very good quote/comeback from an NCO that I grew to respect the **** out of and we are still close to this day.

He was a rising younger leader that had been given the opportunity to replace a member who was very good, basically a legend. Commander came over and said, "congrats, welcome, blah blah blah, you've got big shoes to fill.."

Without missing a beat, he responded, "thank you, I learned alot from so and so, I'll do my best, and I brought my own **** shoes..."

My point is our San Mario FYZICAL Canes Bro! need to look and be San Mario FYZICAL Canes Bro! while being inspired by the accomplishments of the great 80s, 90s, and 00s Canes teams of the past.

I'm encouraged by where our Canes are headed and I believe we are seeing the start of a new era.

**** FSU
**** ACC refs

Go Canes!
Nice story but you should have lead with "**** tha ACC refs"

You add in the Northeast and California.

This is a real outlier in recruiting/roster construction these days. Few schools seem to have a hold on local players these days. Look at USC and Mater Dei. They used to be a pipeline. This year they’re stacked and not one goes to SC.

The one place we haven’t had success though is Texas. For some reason we’re resonating more in the Deep South.
I get what you're saying, but is Dade football as loaded as it once was? I grew up down there, and recruiters used to tell me that Dade was "like the SEC of high school football." (Sorry guys. I'm sick of SEC BS too)
Anyway, I've been in Georgia now for decades and have become farther removed from Miami Dade football, but I still have a couple of good contacts there. There are definitely still some studs in Dade, don't misunderstand me. Would love Blount for instance.
The 80s were great because Schnelly got it started. This post has no point, lol, so I'll end with this: I want another NATTY! Go Canes 🏈

Most important thing about the 80’s above all was those brothers stacking wins and chips!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back