This is our chance

This. To fully address the teams needs this off-season, one can not underestimate that he needs some help with game day management. Hopefully he sees this in himself and does something about it.
Give it a rest. This is at least a moment to celebrate and appreciate the addition of a key missing component to the roster. Actually with Reese we now have a legit EXPERIENCED starter and experienced back up. Just landed a QB with 11,608 passing yards and 95 passing TD's (65% completions). Cam STATED in his interview that he got a "check in call" from the staff, they talked about x's and o's, and he decided that returning to the U was the best move to enhance his NFL career. There wasn't a legit game day management issue encountered in 2023 that would not have been eliminated by improved QB play. Let's see what Dawson can do NOW with a fully engaged QB who isn't worried about his girl friend and his golf game but REALLY wants to focus on football!

Advertisement
We're winning the ACC next year.

We probably would have won it this past year if we had a quarterback that didn't melt and Mario didn't do one of the dumbest things a head coach could do.

We should be done ******* around with unserious players, unserious coaches, unserious people in the Hecht. All should be removed immediately and they should start updating their resume and browsing Indeed dot com.

Lets pack the ******* Rock and **** some people up.

We got a few holes to fill (who doesn't...ask your moms), but we've got the best QB in the conference, best RB in the conference (second best rushing attack in the ACC last year behind GT), best returning WR statistically in the conference, and the best OL in the conference (and its not close, IMO). This offense should be ******* COOKING all year long as long as no one gets in the way.

Lance Guidry will figure out the defense. Might be some addition by subtraction with players leaving that ya know...****ed up and allowed big plays often.

Again, we could use some guys...outside WR1...free/high/CF safety...and a nice starting caliber corner...I think we could use one more iDL in a perfect world, we could use a TE that can catch the football...

but we're coming. We got this.

Advertisement
Looks like we’re favored by -2.5 in the Swamp. Interested to see some ACC futures. A home playoff game is fun to think about

It really seems like we are getting stacked on defense for next year. I like what I am seeing on the front 7, just not sure about the secondary? Are we gearing up for a top 20 D for next season?

The build up and expectations for next year started seconds after Ward committed. It kickoffs with Game #1 on the road in Hogtown. I made travel arrangements last night (airfare, hotel and rental car). My two boys are meeting me in Orlando and we are renting a car and driving to Gainesville. I have not returned to that campus since 2002 when we thrashed them 41-16 and turned that town into Canesville.

This upcoming season reminds me of the 2018 season and the opener against L$U in Dallas. Expectations were sky high. Everybody (including media) were saying “Miami is back” and the entire country tuned in to see Mark Richt and the boys take on a talented SEC opponent. We were the main act that night on the national stage. It was going to be our year to regain our spot among college football elites. You could “feel” the excitement building up for the game and it was probably one of the largest turnout of ‘Canes fans for a road game in years. We were everywhere and in every bar. However, we suffered a disappointing and embarrassing loss (33-17) to that Joe Burrow-led squad and the season came off the rails.

We have another chance next year at Florida. While Ben Hill Billy Bob Stadium is a difficult place to play, the stadium will be filled with orange & green. I’m expecting a different start to our year against a down UiF team.

LFG!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The build up and expectations for next year started seconds after Ward committed. It kickoffs with Game #1 on the road in Hogtown. I made travel arrangements last night (airfare, hotel and rental car). My two boys are meeting me in Orlando and we are renting a car and driving to Gainesville. I have not returned to that campus since 2002 when we thrashed them 41-16 and turned that town into Canesville.

This upcoming season reminds me of the 2018 season and the opener against L$U in Dallas. Expectations were sky high. Everybody (including media) were saying “Miami is back” and the entire country tuned in to see Mark Richt and the boys take on a talented SEC opponent. We were the main act that night on the national stage. It was going to be our year to regain our spot among college football elites. You could “feel” the excitement building up for the game and it was probably one of the largest turnout of ‘Canes fans for a road game in years. We were everywhere and in every bar. However, we suffered a disappointing and embarrassing loss (33-17) to that Joe Burrow-led squad and the season came off the rails.

We have another chance again next year at Florida. While Ben Hill Billy Bob Stadium is a difficult place to play, the stadium will be filled with orange & green. I’m expecting a different start to our year against a down UiF team.

LFG!!!
We have super high hopes every year - new coach; stacked team; key player; you name it. Every year we fans hope it’s the start of going back to the glory days. Let’s hope 2024 is different than the past let downs and this time it’s for real.

We have super high hopes every year - new coach; stacked team; key player; you name it. Every year we fans hope it’s the start of going back to the glory days. Let’s hope 2024 is different than the past let downs and this time it’s for real.
I’m not sure they are “super high” every year.

If you buy D$’s pre-season hype podcast then “yeah” you would think we were a Top 5 team. But, when you take off the orange & green colored glasses, there are very few years that warrant such high expectations.

Advertisement
I’m not sure they are “super high” every year.

If you buy D$’s pre-season hype podcast then “yeah” you would think we were a Top 5 team. But, when you take off the orange & green colored glasses, there are very few years that warrant such high expectations.
Lol let’s say they are pretty high for me almost every year. I am so ready for this team to be back!

Never believed or been a Mario fan. Anyone who cant call the X&Os in money time isn’t among the best of the best.

Saying all that, we somehow got our star at the QB spot. Ward has D. Watson level impact at the college level and that’s the kind of formula that can catapult us back to the elite status. Dabo system benefited greatly from generational skilled QBs which shelters his inability to call plays as well.

This is our best option of returning. Having a QB that can steer the ship when waves get rocky for Mario.

It maybe only for one season, but we really do got a shot in 2024 of returning. (If only for one season).
It's not his job to call the X's and O's. He's never been an offensive or defensive coordinator. The problem is he thinks it's his job to put his thumb on the play calling.

Mario doesn't bother Guidry one iota. You can tell during the game because Mario has his headset off when the defense is on the field. When the offense is in the field, the headset is on and Mario us talking.

We have another chance again next year at Florida. While Ben Hill Billy Bob Stadium is a difficult place to play, the stadium will be filled with orange & green. I’m expecting a different start to our year against a down UiF team.

LFG!!!
You had to mention that freaking disaster in Dallas. Made that trip and the return sucked. Totally different expectations for Gainesville.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back