This is not gonna be like the Dolphins...

caneaddict

Senior
I know these kids have been dealt 2 blows the last couple days, but dont like what I'm reading from Coral gables.. Very status quo, almost like if nothing was wrong and this firing was an injustice. Still preaching coastal, and not getting more micro into the inherent problems with this team and program. I expect the same team to come out and do the same things.

Hope I'm dead wrong but Scott is really letting an opportunity slip away. I have yet to hear why the floor got mopped with this team on Saturday..

Advertisement
There is a reason they pick him as interim. It would be nice if some of the Canes on the staff would pull a coup. I can't wait for Butch to walk in so these kids a see what a real coach looks and sounds like.

i'm afraid that despite the talent we have, golden has created such a bad non competitive attitude that even a new coach will find it hard to motivate these guys.

Ice Harris would have gotten these kids playing better. Ole Sensitive Scott? Not so much.

Advertisement
I would say the players might try to rally but no Kaaya equals a loss to Duke then with the Coastal out of reach, they will give up.

If Kayaa is healthy, i'm sure the team will play better.

A team that fires it's coach almost always does better in the short term, and it's a psychological thing.

Before if they played bad, Golden would get the blame. Now if they play bad and there's no coach to blame, it's the players that get yelled at for sucking. Pride kicks in, and the players play better.

It's more apparent in the NBA where less players impact the game, but in the short term, firing the coach helps the short term W-L a majority of the time.

Advertisement
It's going to get worse before it gets better. This season is a write off. I'm fine with that. Just don't ***** it up by hiring Mario.

On the other hand, would you expect them to ANNOUNCE scheme changes to give the Duke coach a heads up? Don't think he needs the help.

Anyone expecting much is fooling themselves. If we finish strong, it's great but if we don't there are no ramifications.

Advertisement
On the other hand, would you expect them to ANNOUNCE scheme changes to give the Duke coach a heads up? Don't think he needs the help.

Im surprised when you have a successful blueprint in davie, why not follow suit. Campbell's messages havehardly been about X's and O's but more about toughness, attitude, and changing the practices. We did hear the Dolphins change from a 2 gap to 1 gap per the players request, and I think that may not be a bad option here either

Corch Scott is just another pink ball on the Al Golden Christmas Tree. This whole staff has been psychologically castrated. The assistant coaches have been bludgeoned over the head with slogans and binders for 5 ******* years. We need a purging like never before.

Advertisement
I think you guys are expecting way too much. This isn't the NFL. Scott is a caretaker until we get a coach. He isn't going to revamp anything. Why would anyone expect an interim coach at the college level (a position coach at that) to have the power to make sweeping changes. The next coach will do that, and I'm okay with it. I've already written this season off.

He actually took shots at golden on the press conference saying they were gonna play with speed and not hold back

Advertisement
Back