This is Insane

How about this one...if we hire a new coach (Butch) and make it to lets say just the Outback bowl next year, our per team payout is $3.5 million, or $2.4 million more then the Quack Quack bowl payout. That alone covers his buyout for the year????

Advertisement
He's as bad situationally as Shannon. 10 guys on the field on a kick, call a TO. Can someone here argue his decision not to onside kick? There is risk you get pinned, but IMO you have to onside when you have to stop them or you lose.

I think Al threatened to leave if he wasn't extended. I believe he used the NCAA investigation to his benefit for the first time when he bullied his way into an extension.

LULZ at Folden threatening to leave after a 6-6 season with a roster jammed with NFL talent. Where was he going? And why would we care?

Folden didn't have any actual power in that scenario. UM gave him power because they're incompetent trust fund buffoons with no clue about real world negotiating.

It was stupid but that's exactly what happened. He was being mentioned for other jobs.

He was being mentioned by his own agent. Oldest trick in the book, and UM fell for it. They're dumb, and so is anyone who thought Folden had any power or heat coming off that horrible first season.

He did in fact meet with penn state so their was some interest. Wisconsin was in contact with him their first go around. He had interest early because people thought what he fell into here was a mess. And we gave him an extension because we needed him to stick out the investigation because we couldn't lure a coach here with it ongoing. I want Al gone as much as anybody but I also know that at one point Al wasn't such damaged goods as he is now. Now everyone knows how horrible of a coach he is.

Advertisement
Anyone here want to pony up their personal money to help w/Golden's buyout?

This is your first and only post, why now?

Guess that's a no

I absolutely would if the admin agreed to put it towards that which they never would

Find that hard to believe if a group (or someone) went with 5 million to UM and said here's a check "If and only if..."

Advertisement
We were wrong, we never should have extended Golden's contract. The problem is the media made it seem like the end of the world and talking about death penalty so it seem we could got no one but Golden here. But Butch was still out there. If they had any foresight they would have brought him back to clean up the program a second time. If they phucking hire a next loser like AL Golden I'm gonna blow a **** gasket.

Oh yeah Golden number one defense. I have no record but how are you going to pay me and who can you find better. Type A loser talk. Its the university's job to fire that fat bich. They have the money, they get plenty of money annually. If only they spent it on the program

This is your first and only post, why now?

Guess that's a no

I absolutely would if the admin agreed to put it towards that which they never would

Find that hard to believe if a group (or someone) went with 5 million to UM and said here's a check "If and only if..."

Great response. Want to try again?

What's funnier is that Golden isn't making coaching changes. AFTER going 6-7, who is that stubborn?

He is daring them to fire him

if they cant fire him for some reason like $ issues that Shalala caused by buy a hospital that is putting us in depth we should turn up the pressure so that he quits by firing his buddy for him and force him to change the scheme. You turn the heat up on him enough he will quit I can see it in his eyes he is on a verge of a break down

Advertisement
Like I said before, if they're allowing this toxic **** to fester because they don't want to cough up a few million bucks over the course of 4 years to pay that fat fck off, then we stand absolutely no chance as a football program.

This situation is completely toxic and will absolutely ruin recruiting, revenue, team morale and everything else associated with the program.

If they're willing to allow that sort of carnage because they don't want to pay fat ****** off, then we are completely fcked even if they eventually have to fire him because the damage they're willing to inflict on the program, the players, and the fans shows how much disdain they have for all 3.

Golden's coaching career is over. He's beyond toxic at this point. He has nothing left to salvage. People (coaches, ADs, media) may make excuses for him in public, but I guarantee in private they are shocked by how bad things are in Miami.

Advertisement
Golden's coaching career is over. He's beyond toxic at this point. He has nothing left to salvage. People (coaches, ADs, media) may make excuses for him in public, but I guarantee in private they are shocked by how bad things are in Miami.

Oh Golden has a future.

In the MAC.

Advertisement
Back