This is how I feel about the direction of the U

I think his entire contract is guaranteed. We aren't TAMU. And the Columbus Mafia isn't going anywhere. I honestly don't think the record matters to them at all.
This is hyperbole, right? I mean, I'm sure the record means something to them, but at this point, they may have so much invested in the Mario saga that they have more patience than the rest of Cane Nation. This isn't Duke, where a .500 season is seen as a success.

Advertisement
As I've said as nauseum, we don't have time to stack 17 classes before expecting Mario to compete at a high level. He needs no less than 9 wins or else he will lose his job. in the next season.

I believe he'll win 10. We'll see.
My humble opinion is Mario gets at least 5 years from the powers that be - similar to a Jimbo scenario. We will see.

Getting back to the stars part of the convo. - one of our 3 stars, Ryan Mack, getting rave reviews at the All-star practices.

This is hyperbole, right? I mean, I'm sure the record means something to them, but at this point, they may have so much invested in the Mario saga that they have more patience than the rest of Cane Nation. This isn't Duke, where a .500 season is seen as a success.

No, not hyperbole. I wouldn't be surprised if they believe the program has been rotten for so long that it will take at least 4-5 years to get it all back on track. I'm talking a top to bottom overall- facilities, scouting, recruiting budget, analysts, roster, and even what conference we're in. As long as Cristobal keeps up his end of the bargain with recruiting, then he's not going to get much pressure. So he's going at least two years before the mafia will wonder about its ROI. And if he's ends year 5 with another .500 ish record and is still has 25 million remaining, they aren't going to willingly pay that buyout and hire another 10+ million coach (probably where the salaries will be for a top 10 coach). So then the question is do you try to pay the buyout and hire a young, unproven coordinator who will work for peanuts, or do you stick with the experienced coach and just hope he figures it out in his last 3 years? My guess is it would be the latter because Cristobal is part of the Columbus crew and they aren't going to ruin that friendship buy pushing him out early. As for the thought that Cristobal might get the same amount of time as Jimbo- There is a big difference between Jimbo/TAMU and Mario/UM- Jimbo was a hired gun. He wasn't childhood friends with many of the people writing the checks.

When you realize that even if Mario spends every penny of NIL money available, he is under .500 at Miami, has only “project” QBs on the roster, and has been owned Memphis Mike, you must conclude he is a total failure. Add to that, his ineptitude will result in us stuck in the ACC until it dies off makes things intolerable.

Meh, too early for this imo…He went with the "tear it all down" and start over approach. Any 1st year record doesn't mean **** imo. And obviously when you are reeling in stud classes, it doesn't mean anything to some of these kids either.

Just realize without CMC, at this current point we would have Laurence Seymore and Chris Washington inheriting jobs on the offensive line.

Will his coaching ultimately get in the way of getting beyond 9-3, 10-2…Yes, it may just be that bad. But it's too early to judge just yet. He was having success and winning conferences at Oregon…And before anyone says well that conference isn't that good, well neither is the ACC,…And before anyone says well Whittingham whipped him twice his last year…Well what about what CMC did to Whittingham the meeting before that? It was just as Guly. I believe we will get that level, no idea if any further.

Advertisement
Not a single thing matters unless you got a QB.

Unless one of those MASSIVE MEWVZ is a QB that is a culture fit, doesn't turn the ball over, and isn't a bottleneck of the offense but facilitates a thriving offense none of this **** matters. The self-inflicted injuries are always Mario's fatal flaw. Penalties, in-the-moment coaching blunders, untimely turnovers. That's Mario and a lot of that extends to the QB...as Mario's QB often needs to be able to make up for the buffoonery Mario brings to the table.

This is a perfect summary of Mario’s problems and I agree 1000%

We are screwed because Mario refuses to get out of his own way with the offense and QB

As I've said as nauseum, we don't have time to stack 17 classes before expecting Mario to compete at a high level. He needs no less than 9 wins or else he will lose his job. in the next season.

I believe he'll win 10. We'll see.
Yes we do. Mario needs as many years as it takes to get rid of all the Manny kids, who caused the culture issues. Then he’ll need a few more to get rid of his guys who got infected with that bad culture bc they were in the same locker room for a few years with the Manny guys. Then he’ll need a few more years to get rid of his guys who were in the same locker room with his guys who previously got infected with the bad culture from Manny guys who gave it to his guys.

And before you know it, it’ll be year 8 and he’ll get an extension bc he “just needs more time.”

I can't stand Mario and will eat the Biggest bag of **** on here if he somehow manages to field an 8 win team next year. FULL MOPE.

However, margin of loss from last year to this - 21 -> 8. That's my lone bright spot. Was my benchmark for my thoughts that we were a 6-6 team this year.

We didn't quit as easily and the dumb corching cost us at least 2 or 3.

I still think we are a 6-6 team at ceiling next year and Mario is not a fraud, just super dumb.

We look alot like we have in years 1-2 and we'll see a WHOLE lot of portaling out and crooting fall off a cliff, rightfully so, SO....

I thought I couldn't get lower than 5-7 in 22, but it's starting to creep.

How many on here were saying we'd see the biggest jump in Ws in year 2? I seem to remember alot of that, so now it's year 3? Same ****, new coach.

Advertisement

SIAP but I agree with this and have since Mario got here. Y’all can argue it amongst yourselves just letting people know where I am at.

Man he lost me right away! Miami has ALWAYS out recruited most of the ACC/Big east. But have been terrible the last 20 years. It’s because of poor coaching. We have improved that, but our HC doesn’t want to run an offense that fits the guys we recruit. He wants to put 10 tight ends in and run up the middle and overpower other teams on third downs.

SIAP but I agree with this and have since Mario got here. Y’all can argue it amongst yourselves just letting people know where I am at.

Dude straight up said that coaching doesn’t matter then said it lost us the GA Tech game. They’re ******* clueless!! I can name you 20 teams that consistently win 9-10 games that aren’t ever in the top 15-20 in recruiting. Those teams are well coached, disciplined teams.

Man he lost me right away! Miami has ALWAYS out recruited most of the ACC/Big east. But have been terrible the last 20 years. It’s because of poor coaching. We have improved that, but our HC doesn’t want to run an offense that fits the guys we recruit. He wants to put 10 tight ends in and run up the middle and overpower other teams on third downs.
with no motion pre-snap and after playclock goes to 1

Advertisement
They out recruited but it was jags imo jags are jags. That’s how I saw it then those classes were cheeks. Everyone for four years complained about Harbaugh I remember thinking Michigan fans were crazy at the time and to spoiled for nothing cause they haven’t won sh in ages.

Dude straight up said that coaching doesn’t matter then said it lost us the GA Tech game. They’re ******* clueless!! I can name you 20 teams that consistently win 9-10 games that aren’t ever in the top 15-20 in recruiting. Those teams are well coached, disciplined teams.
In years time we will see who knows more time always reveals the truth. I’m cool admitting I’m wrong I won’t hold onto a narrative but I know a complete rebuild through recruiting takes time cause there are other juggernaut’s in the sport. When Saban did it he had no one to go up against and created a monopoly immediately

Advertisement
Buddy in the purple shirt look someone stuck in a conversation that needs to take a massive ****.

In years time we will see who knows more time always reveals the truth. I’m cool admitting I’m wrong I won’t hold onto a narrative but I know a complete rebuild through recruiting takes time cause there are other juggernaut’s in the sport. When Saban did it he had no one to go up against and created a monopoly immediately
We never have anyone to go up against that’s worth a ****. Maybe FSU this year and Clemson the years we played them but the ACC is dookie. And you said our guys are just jags, but they’re all recruited by the top schools also.. we don’t magically just select the worst players from high school collectively every year even though most are recruited nationally. We just don’t develop them once they get on greentree, that’s the common denominator here. Anyone who denies that is full of it

We never have anyone to go up against that’s worth a ****. Maybe FSU this year and Clemson the years we played them but the ACC is dookie. And you said our guys are just jags, but they’re all recruited by the top schools also.. we don’t magically just select the worst players from high school collectively every year even though most are recruited nationally. We just don’t develop them once they get on greentree, that’s the common denominator here. Anyone who denies that is full of it
Listen if the best evaluators ain’t giving families jobs and stacks of cash they don’t want them. If I look at a guy like Cook Cooper Juedy Derwin James etc. if the Kirby’s Sabans ain’t selling their children to get them they don’t want them.

Listen if the best evaluators ain’t giving families jobs and stacks of cash they don’t want them. If I look at a guy like Cook Cooper Juedy Derwin James etc. if the Kirby’s Sabans ain’t selling their children to get them they don’t want them.
They are offering most of our guys let’s be honest. They are not the best “talent evaluators” though. They just get the obvious can’t miss guys, but honestly they don’t/can’t get them all. If they are not who they thought they were they just send them packing and get the next shiny toy. They often look at other people who are great evaluators and offer guys the proven evaluators offer. The best “talent evaluators” are at Washington, Iowa, Utah, OK State, and Ol Miss because they are always doing more with less.

Advertisement
Back