This is how I feel about the direction of the U

Advertisement
As of right now, we should have tried to keep Tyler! Hope things change because we are worse off now that with TVD.
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Advertisement
It is quite possible that Mario doesn't prioritize the quarterback position.

He inherited an NFL QB at Oregon, then went with that lousy Boston College QB before coming to UM.

Maybe he just thinks you can win with massive talent along the lines of scrimmage.

Don't know what to think about this guy anymore except the obvious. He can recruit the **** out of the line on both sides, and he is an F minus game manager.

Not a single thing matters unless you got a QB.

Unless one of those MASSIVE MEWVZ is a QB that is a culture fit, doesn't turn the ball over, and isn't a bottleneck of the offense but facilitates a thriving offense none of this **** matters. The self-inflicted injuries are always Mario's fatal flaw. Penalties, in-the-moment coaching blunders, untimely turnovers. That's Mario and a lot of that extends to the QB...as Mario's QB often needs to be able to make up for the buffoonery Mario brings to the table.
Great post

Advertisement
As of right now, we should have tried to keep Tyler! Hope things change because we are worse off now that with TVD.
He is addition by subtraction.

it wasn't working out. this is the point of a breakup where you need to realize that you can do a lot better than what you just had. its ok to have that anxiety right now...but it'll pass. go get laid. We just shot our first shot post breakup with a nice 9 at the club, but she rolled out with Roger Goodell at 2am. That's Hard Times, but you can't be hitting up your 6 (lets be honest, 7 with a nice filter) ex, have some dignity, breh. Go find that 7 that's gonna be a good time. Just gotta get on base tonight. You fantasized about this moment...now gotta do the work.

Raises the floor to what? What kind of argument is that? CMR raised our floor. Manny did as good or better than Mario every single year. Marios best players? Mannys guys. Recruiting? Our TE room is full of 4 stars and Mario starts a 3 star. Get that **** out of here. We have the players not the coach.
So you think our roster is more talented back then or now? Because I personally thought manny Left the shelves a little empty.

Advertisement
That question is a red herring because I personally thought Manny won more games
there’s no trap question here and I hope I didn’t come off as argumentative. I was literally just asking do you think talent wise, Is the roster better when Mario took over or better when Manny took over?

Advertisement
there’s no trap question here and I hope I didn’t come off as argumentative. I was literally just asking do you think talent wise, Is the roster better when Mario took over or better when Manny took over?
I see where you're going: Do I think Mario is a good recruiter or are least better than Manny? Is this team better.

I don't know how to answer that. If "talent" wins then I'd say Manny had the better roster. If I say Mario has a better roster then I must conclude Manny is a better coach. I don't see a logical way where Mario comes out as an improvement.

Despite Mario turning over the roster twice including 40 new players last year many of the best players were still Manny's. LT, Kam, Williams, TVD, X, George, ect. If you go by output vs rankings I'd even say Manny is a better recruiter. He found guys that can play rather guys like Moss that can't play but boost your ranking.

The more I think about it the more I'm not sure what Mario is good for. We have had the talent advantage in most games we've played the last 20 years. I don't think talent is the issue.

Mario took a 7 win team and turned it into a 5 win team. Twice turning over the roster he turned that into a 7 win team.

Picture_sleeve_of__Where's_the_Beef__.jpg

Yes, we can remove the kicker, but u can’t conveniently remove a project OLman b/c that’s a true “evaluation.” That would still have our class as the only class w/in, not the top 10, but top 20, that has a sub 50% blue chip to player ratio. No class in the top 20 have as many 3* as we do, & that’s removing the K from the equation.

In fact, we have to go all the way back to the class of 2014 to see us have this many 3* in a single class. So, we better hit on these evaluations, and we better hit on these player developments. We’ve already seen cracks in the class of 2022 w/ blue chip players not hitting, so let’s see; but, regardless WE MUST HIT ON QB. I can’t stress that enough.
I can get over the recruit average per because I think Mario did a great job getting difference makers at some key positions this go around. What I can’t get over is the handling of the QB position. I think people on here just don’t realize how bad this is right now.

There are 22 players on the field at all times but 1 player alone holds 50% if not more of the value at all times. It’s the only position that can change your team instantly. Look at this Washington team, Penix changed that team completely. Look at FSU, they went from being undefeated to looking like a mediocre team when they lost their guy. Verse and Coleman are 1st round guys for them and if one gets injured it’s a major loss but it’s not a wrap.

We talk about stacking talent but have treated the most important position on the field like it’s a full back by just grabbing projects left and right. It’s unacceptable and infuriating. I don’t care if players bust and it’s a gamble, we need to always be stacking that room, ALWAYS. Other wise we end up with days like today where we are depending on one guy and he spurns us.

Miami always recruits future nfl players but as an elite college team we’re still light years away. Offensively despite the improved O line showed nothing to get excited about. No wonder no QB looking to transfer to Miami.

Advertisement
Back