This is how I feel about the direction of the U

Advertisement

SIAP but I agree with this and have since Mario got here. Y’all can argue it amongst yourselves just letting people know where I am at.

Miami has the 5th best overall class based upon size, & the 14th best overall class based upon player avg. This video also neglects to articulate our biggest flaw has been production at the QB position. Until we figure that out, everything else is moot.

Also, Miami has always had a talent advantage vs. all other opponents EXCEPT when they’ve played Clemson in a cross over conference game.

When you realize that even if Mario spends every penny of NIL money available, he is under .500 at Miami, has only “project” QBs on the roster, and has been owned Memphis Mike, you must conclude he is a total failure. Add to that, his ineptitude will result in us stuck in the ACC until it dies off makes things intolerable.

Not a single thing matters unless you got a QB.

Unless one of those MASSIVE MEWVZ is a QB that is a culture fit, doesn't turn the ball over, and isn't a bottleneck of the offense but facilitates a thriving offense none of this **** matters. The self-inflicted injuries are always Mario's fatal flaw. Penalties, in-the-moment coaching blunders, untimely turnovers. That's Mario and a lot of that extends to the QB...as Mario's QB often needs to be able to make up for the buffoonery Mario brings to the table.

Advertisement
I saw this, but come on D, if we didn't sign 3 times as many 3 stars as others in the top 10, we would only be barely top 10 at best, which is not bad. Also, as @Rellyrell stated, we have whiffed at our biggest position of need, QB. I like Emory and JB, but I am not sure we can roll with those 2 and Judd in the 3rd spot.
I guess time will tell and I hope we find someone at QB for at least better depth if nothing else. Fingers crossed. Go Canes.

It all boils down to recruiting and scheme. Mario gotta earn his money. Burn the ego and take a merciless CEO role. QB is biggest hole but you can win with a game manager QB if all else is locked in. Sky is the limit but Mario cant handcuff the program with his ego. I pray he isnt that much of an ego maniac like Jimbo

Miami has the 5th best overall class based upon size, & the 14th best overall class based upon player avg. This video also neglects to articulate our biggest flaw has been production at the QB position. Until we figure that out, everything else is moot.

Also, Miami has always had a talent advantage vs. all other opponents EXCEPT when they’ve played Clemson in a cross over conference game.
I’ve heard the class ranking/size comment a few times.
We did recruit a kicker.
So we drop our kicker and OL project Francavilla and we’re back to top 7 in player average?
Two areas of need, WR and D line recruiting, are up there with the best in the country.

Agree on your other points.

Advertisement
We did recruit a kicker.
So we drop our kicker and OL project Francavilla and we’re back to top 7 in player average?
Two areas of need, WR and D line recruiting, are up there with the best in the country.

Agree. We took care of OL last year, DL this year and next year Mario going to bring in 3 5* QB's to take care of the QB problem. LOL.

We did recruit a kicker.

But due to the class size… we are also hearing “roster crunch” …

Going to be harder to keep the talent if we don't take it to the next level on the field and if we go into next year with one of our current QB's starting, we're not going to get there. Everybody here knows Mario is a great HS recruiter, but he struggles getting playmakers in the portal ( mainly top tier receivers and now a QB ). He also lacks big time as a game day coach, personally I think he is an OL coach who is a great recruiter. He is stacking HS talent, but I think we will move sideways with him in comparison to Kiffin who with this years portal acquisitions could challenge in the SEC next year. I wanted Mario over Kiffin, now I regret that. I hope I'm wrong, I just don't think we get over the hump with Mario.

We did recruit a kicker.

Yes, we can remove the kicker, but u can’t conveniently remove a project OLman b/c that’s a true “evaluation.” That would still have our class as the only class w/in, not the top 10, but top 20, that has a sub 50% blue chip to player ratio. No class in the top 20 have as many 3* as we do, & that’s removing the K from the equation.

In fact, we have to go all the way back to the class of 2014 to see us have this many 3* in a single class. So, we better hit on these evaluations, and we better hit on these player developments. We’ve already seen cracks in the class of 2022 w/ blue chip players not hitting, so let’s see; but, regardless WE MUST HIT ON QB. I can’t stress that enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's how I feel:

We care more about directions than results.

The same people defended Golden. The same people defended Manny. The same people are defending Mario.

Waiting for another post about "I didn't want Mario BUT blah blah blah.

Wake me up when we win the coastal.

SIAP but I agree with this and have since Mario got here. Y’all can argue it amongst yourselves just letting people know where I am at.

Over the last 19 seasons (starting in 2005) we've finished as a ranked team 5 times. Four times 17-25 range and one time in the top 15 (2017). 14 years being unranked at the end of the season. Our recruiting over those years consisted of 14 top 15 classes and only once outside of the top 25 (2011). We've always done less with more which is why I would have loved to see how a true X and O guy would do here.

Im 100% choosing optimism and getting behind Mario. I think he can raise our floor and at least start finishing as a ranked team. As for taking us to the promise land? I truly don't know. I think we need an elite QB and offense in my mind. We've had that for every championship so far. Go Canes!

Over the last 19 seasons (starting in 2005) we've finished as a ranked team 5 times. Four times 17-25 range and one time in the top 15 (2017). 14 years being unranked at the end of the season. Our recruiting over those years consisted of 14 top 15 classes and only once outside of the top 25 (2011). We've always done less with more which is why I would have loved to see how a true X and O guy would do here.

Im 100% choosing optimism and getting behind Mario. I think he can raise our floor and at least start finishing as a ranked team. As for taking us to the promise land? I truly don't know. I think we need an elite QB and offense in my mind. We've had that for every championship so far. Go Canes!
Lol bot accounts to sway opinion. What a pathetic attempt.

Advertisement
Back