This is funny!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Randy is not head coaching material. Nothing wrong with that. I am not going to hate on him for that. The school shouldn't have hired him to begin with. They were being cheap and it showed.

The Onion needs his power 'stash back. Can't get used to seeing all that upper lip.

Rooted for Randy in 2007, but man this cat was never head coaching material.

I remember that SI piece by legendary columnist Gary Smith—referring to Shannon as "a loner with a tragic past"—reading it and worrying that dude just didn't have that *it* factor required to be CEO.

JJ and Butch had it. Even Richt did, based on all he did infrastructure-wise—but Shannon, Golden and Diaz were total frauds as head guys and will never sniff a head coaching gig again. (Coker was a perennial assistant, too—lacked moxie to be #1.)

Advertisement
I don't care what the negs say, I will always admire Coach Shannon. He has earned respect.
Some people a need to slice and dice people every chance they get. Shannon failed miserably as a HC but his still a good person. You can nikpik his coaching but you can not question his character.

I think Coop did a great job. He brought some some excitement to the team. And he's a calm guy. He's not an arrogant or flamboyant guy. Believe it or not, he and Javarris James are kind of like butt buddies.

Let Down Reaction GIF by Bounce

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back