This Deja vu but worse....

pyhooya

Sophomore
So the current HC gets fired/leaves. Miami being Miami(that means being cheap and LAZY) goes out and hires the overrated DC. The new HC talks about culture change and how under previous staff things were not done up to standards at Miami..... MF you were part of the problem. So everyone gets hyped until season starts and players have to play and coaches have to coach.
And its #TSM... New HC does something that hasnt happened in 40 years though. Course the D will look good the next 2 games and the slurpers will be saying how the D is back blah blah. Course we dont play a good O for awhile.
At least the O looked competent so at least we got that going

Advertisement
You Whinny *****!!! We lost 2 games by 7 points. Could've & actually Should’ve won both. You’ve got 3 new DB’s new players in the Dline, new DC and DL coaches.
Give them time to gel, after 6 games you can start your whining if they're not playing up to the U standards.
In the meantime the Offense puts up 500 yds and it comes down to Baxa. He missed 2 FG’s and had a PAT blocked

Advertisement
Considering we are very thin at safety position and young at the cb spot. having carter ejected didn't help. This team is going to take its lumps this year rather people like it or not. We are a very young team from top to bottom and realistically I see us going 8-4. Since this fan base will start the fly the plane crap after 2 games. Everyone wanted Butch had look he is 0-2 and he is in what is 3rd year at FIU. Everyone just needs to back away from the edge maybe drink a beer if you drink and root for the canes. It took Butch a couple of years to build up to greatness. **** Johnson even went 8-5 his first year. Am I saying Diaz is going to be great don't know but its only been 2 games.

You Whinny *****!!! We lost 2 games by 7 points. Could've & actually Should’ve won both. You’ve got 3 new DB’s new players in the Dline, new DC and DL coaches.
Give them time to gel, after 6 games you can start your whining if they're not playing up to the U standards.
In the meantime the Offense puts up 500 yds and it comes down to Baxa. He missed 2 FG’s and had a PAT blocked
Agreed, the missed FG and PAT cost both our games. Believe me, I am a Bears Fan, I should know what missing FG is like.

So the current HC gets fired/leaves. Miami being Miami(that means being cheap and LAZY) goes out and hires the overrated DC. The new HC talks about culture change and how under previous staff things were not done up to standards at Miami..... MF you were part of the problem. So everyone gets hyped until season starts and players have to play and coaches have to coach.
And its #TSM... New HC does something that hasnt happened in 40 years though. Course the D will look good the next 2 games and the slurpers will be saying how the D is back blah blah. Course we dont play a good O for awhile.
At least the O looked competent so at least we got that going
Haven’t started the season with 2 P5 teams in 40 years either. Just guessing didn’t actually look it up.

Advertisement
So funny how this board turns. With Shannon, Golden, Richt, the early haters saw the writing on the wall, and were chastised because they didn't hold their pom poms high enough, then slowly the superfans took off their orange glasses and once that happened, then it was officially sanctioned to rip the coaches. So here we are again. I am glad this time you have officially sanctioned a time line when it's acceptable to accept reality. Thank you, it saves a lot of guessing.

Jimmy Johnson went 8-5 his first year inheriting a team that won The N.C. the year before. We allowed A Maryland team 5-3 to come back from a 31-0 halftime lead and outscore us 42-9 in the 2nd half. So all you early haters would've fired Jimmy after his first season?

So funny how this board turns. With Shannon, Golden, Richt, the early haters saw the writing on the wall, and were chastised because they didn't hold their pom poms high enough, then slowly the superfans took off their orange glasses and once that happened, then it was officially sanctioned to rip the coaches. So here we are again. I am glad this time you have officially sanctioned a time line when it's acceptable to accept reality. Thank you, it saves a lot of guessing.

Keep a close eye on our recruiting for next year. We are slipping and will continue to miss out on our targets. When you miss out on an infusion of talent then you are screwed. There are some coaches that can do more with less
( see coaches for Wisconsin,Virginia, and Duke). Manny is not that guy. So we can give Manny all the time in the world but ultimately we will not have the necessary talent to field a perennial top 10 squad.

How exactly did the O look good when it couldn't score worth sht in the first quarter and walked away from how many drives without points?
That is my question, and I attended the game......all this talk about the O looking good, and we were in the red zone, and could not do S*** to come away with touchdowns. Couple this with our kicking game, and that is why our Coaches are dancing around questions.
The O was adequate, and the D was off their game, and even looking confused with the hurry up game that Carolina used many times.
It was not pretty, but again after 2 games we squandered chances to close out games, ending up on wishin' and prayin' that our kicker could save us.
We are the Canes and a **** of a lot better than this.
We should be 2-0 right now ....................instead reality is 0-2......just does not compute...

Advertisement
Haven’t started the season with 2 P5 teams in 40 years either. Just guessing didn’t actually look it up.
Not true at all. We’ve done it several times within the last decade. There was one year we opened with a very tough opening 4 game stretch all against ranked teams, starting with FSU. We were 3-1 in those games with the loss coming to VT.

Right on! You forgot to mention the majority of starters are freshmen and sophmores.

Advertisement
Just facts. We started two true freshmen on the OL and our QB is a RS freshman who was seeing essentially his 2nd game action.

Continue being a danny downer all you want, but I see big things ahead for this offense.

Oh wow that must be tough!

UNC has a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new defensive coordinator, a true freshman QB, won 2 games last year, has less talent, and still beat us.

Shove those tired *** excuses up your pee hole, geek.

Not true at all. We’ve done it several times within the last decade. There was one year we opened with a very tough opening 4 game stretch all against ranked teams, starting with FSU. We were 3-1 in those games with the loss coming to VT.
2009 was that year

Advertisement
Back