This COVD-19 will help to keep more local recruits close to home.

I believe due to the current economic and social impact’s of this current situation, it will actually benefit Miami. If I were a recruit during these times I would want to be as close to my family and loved ones as possible.

You know families will also want to keep their sons as close to home as possible. If I was recruiting, I would definitely use these points as a way to sell Miami during this time.

What is everyone’s opinion on this?

Advertisement
I believe due to the current economic and social impact’s of this current situation, it will actually benefit Miami. If I were a recruit during these times I would want to be as close to my family and loved ones as possible.

You know families will also want to keep their sons as close to home as possible. If I was recruiting, I would definitely use these points as a way to sell Miami during this time.

If I was a bettor, I would say that you are an SEC troll, based on the insensitivity of this post, your screen name, and your join date right after the LSU loss.

@RVACane
@IndayArtHauz
@OBLIVION

Last edited:
If I was a bettor, I would say that you are an SEC troll, based on the insensitivity of this post, your screen name, and your join date right after the LSU loss.

@RVACane
@IndayArtHauz
@OBLIVION

No troll. Just was a thought I had. Looking for any positives and distractions during this time. Sorry if my post came of insensitive. Just wanted to see if anyone had the same thoughts I had about this possibly being good for recruiting.

Advertisement
I'm more concerned with overall lack of practice time for our young players who will need to contribute right away. We badly need a good season on field for recruiting success and this pandemic isn't helping that probability.

Advertisement

I think this is next-level delusional homer-ism. But that's just my opinion. I want us to recruit well and do well, but that doesn't mean I'm going to come up with imaginary delusional situations in my head. I guess keep dreaming?

Just remember, win and they will come.

Www.moneytalks.com

Turncoats gon turncoat

😂, like the website, and you are right money always talks and will be talking even more now with the upcoming recession/depression we are about to go through. Which is a bigger pull? Money or family 🤔 wanting to stay close to each other during these times? And I truly believe bags sizes will be effected negatively during these times.

I was thinking the same thing...depending on how long the crisis lasts for. I can see some parents valuing the enhanced recruiting a little less and perhaps preferring to have their son stay close to home.

Advertisement
Winning and showing a fun offense on the field are two of the most important things within the team's control that can positively impact our recruiting.

To that end, it is not easy to install a new, uptempo spread offense when you can't practice. And I hope our guys are doing what they can in the weight room and in drills to stay fit and keep their wind up. On the other hand, I keep hearing how fundamentally simple Lashlee's offense is for the skill players, and King has experience in a similar style of offense, so there's that.

Basically, any team installing a new offense (or a new defense) is at a disadvantage with the lack of spring practices. No spring practice will likely hurt OL cohesion, but at least that should be true across the NCAA (and, again, our scheme and new QB should make it easier on the OL). At least in college, where you have 25-35% of your roster turning over each year, every team has new blood they need to bring up to speed and they are all impacted. In that regard, every team in the country trying to get something out of their freshmen EEs and GTs is in the same boat right now. Unfortunately for UM, we had a bunch of those guys, too (13 EEs and 3 GTs, I think).

Assuming this blows over by the summer and practices are allowed to resume, hopefully the NCAA allows teams to add some extra practice days to camp. Fingers crossed.

This will be forgotten the minute its over. Look at the spring breakers almost zero effect. The real question is the world leaders who got us into this mess will they learn from it. The answer is no because they got very rich off the global economy. They will do it again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back