This class...

5XNC

Senior
Looks like it's going to come mostly from south Florida, moreso than other years.

Advertisement
Looks like it's going to come mostly from south Florida, moreso than other years.

I think we only have to leave South Florida for QB, OL, and TE in this class. With that being said, I am sure we'll get a couple of OOS guys for the DL.

Note: IMG Academy is not located in South Florida... LOL

I know img isn't south Florida, those guys are from whatever state they are from. Not img.
Still would be shocked if this class isn't more south Florida than previous years.

The decade of mediocrity some can say started with the 2008 class. The period of dominance will begin with the 2018 class.

Not big into the hoopla but **** this is some voodoo from the college football gods.

This class, if it holds up and continues, is truly the class to put us back on the map. I've never said that before. But this is the one that shows we can keep local studs home, period.

Advertisement
Richt always recruits at an elite level out of state. In each class there will be a big time out of state get. This goes back to gurley, aj green, matt Stafford, knowshon Moreno, Sony Michel, jacob Eason(richt had him in the bag) and many more. This class will mostly be Florida but he WILL get elite out of state talent too that he wants

Richt always recruits at an elite level out of state. In each class there will be a big time out of state get. This goes back to gurley, aj green, matt Stafford, knowshon Moreno, Sony Michel, jacob Eason(richt had him in the bag) and many more. This class will mostly be Florida but he WILL get elite out of state talent too that he wants

DJ Johnson and Jeff Thomas just last year alone. Not counting DJ Dallas because he followed the in-state relationship Richt built from UGA.

DJ Johnson and Jeff Thomas just last year alone. Not counting DJ Dallas because he followed the in-state relationship Richt built from UGA.

Yep 2 of the top 5 most talented kids in the class

Good if we would of had good coaching it would have started a decade again, the deep of very good talent has exploded in south Florida and Florida

Advertisement
lol I know we get elite kids from out of state. And I know some new names will emerge. It just seems like south Florida is loaded this year with heavy lean to UM and more than previous years this class will come from south Florida. It's way too early for a mock class, but if we get most of the kids we are supposed to get, it's mostly south Florida.

Yeah ok you're missing the point. Most years it's probably about 65% like richt has said. This year looks like it may even more skewed to south Florida. Which is the way I'd want it every year.

lol I know we get elite kids from out of state. And I know some new names will emerge. It just seems like south Florida is loaded this year with heavy lean to UM and more than previous years this class will come from south Florida. It's way too early for a mock class, but if we get most of the kids we are supposed to get, it's mostly south Florida.

Broke is obviously from OOS so he has an obsession with OOS kids. Don't mind him.

Advertisement

Broke is obviously from OOS so he has an obsession with OOS kids. Don't mind him.

I was born in Florida, played highschool ball in ga. I just know there is elite talent everywhere. Look at clemson's roster, bamas, Ohio state

Last edited:

I was born in Florida, play highschool ball in ga. I just know there is elite talent everywhere. Look at clemson's roster, bamas, Ohio state

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Simple formula.

Start with South Florida. Fill in position gaps from Other part of Florida. Recruit best players at every position nationally.

Advertisement

I was born in Florida, played highschool ball in ga. I just know there is elite talent everywhere. Look at clemson's roster, bamas, Ohio state

We should focus on south Florida and Florida!!! Who cares about Clemson, Alabama and Ohio state, they don't have the most fertile recruiting area within 3 hours that puts out hundreds of top end college players.

We should focus on south Florida and Florida!!! Who cares about Clemson, Alabama and Ohio state, they don't have the most fertile recruiting area within 3 hours that puts out hundreds of top end college players.
Whenever Miami has been great miamis talent has always been infused with elite out of state talent.

This is the first time in 10 years that the local talent is excited about going to UM. Just so happens to be a VERY deep year, talent wise. Lucky for us. Guess these kids were conceived around the time our program was on the rise last time... Seems fitting they are coming to UM.

Advertisement
Back